The Cayin C5 portable power house.
Apr 5, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #1,456 of 2,420
  Whoa, didn't even know there was a black version now. Looks nice.. :D

Yea. I'd be pairing it with my X5, so the black model would look better.

Apr 5, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #1,459 of 2,420
I still love my C5 but I just realized 2 weeks ago that the letters are slowly fading away ;__;

[rule]Just curious, if you guys had a chance to upgrade from C5, what would be the best option?

Hmm have you read up on the HA-2? I have read positive reviews about that device. However I have not heard it, and can not personally recommend it. But I plan on getting one, later this year.

Apr 5, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #1,460 of 2,420
  I still love my C5 but I just realized 2 weeks ago that the letters are slowly fading away ;__;

Just curious, if you guys had a chance to upgrade from C5, what would be the best option?

Why didn't you put in the four round silicon rubbers that come with C5? They should prevent the paint from coming into contact with a hard flat surface.

Apr 5, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #1,461 of 2,420
Hmm have you read up on the HA-2? I have read positive reviews about that device. However I have not heard it, and can not personally recommend it. But I plan on getting one, later this year.

Nope but looking at it, the design itself is just perfect. I'm thinking of buying another amp around September or October, was thinking of buying RSA SR-71B or ALO Rx Mk3, but I'm using IEM, worried it might produce hiss. And does it sound weird to use balanced amp to a multi driver IEM?

Why didn't you put in the four round silicon rubbers that come with C5? They should prevent the paint from coming into contact with a hard flat surface.

I used up all of it for the X3 as spacing before getting velcro for it.
Now the rubbers aren't sticky anymore, but you remind me that I still have it somewhere around.
Maybe when necessary I'll just put a piece of double tape on the rubber to support it. 

Apr 5, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #1,462 of 2,420
Nope but looking at it, the design itself is just perfect. I'm thinking of buying another amp around September or October, was thinking of buying RSA SR-71B or ALO Rx Mk3, but I'm using IEM, worried it might produce hiss. And does it sound weird to use balanced amp to a multi driver IEM?

I used up all of it for the X3 as spacing before getting velcro for it.
Now the rubbers aren't sticky anymore, but you remind me that I still have it somewhere around.
Maybe when necessary I'll just put a piece of double tape on the rubber to support it. 

If you are thinking about getting another amp, you might want to consider a Cavalli Carbon, I have read good things about it. There are too many gadget out and not nearly enough money in my poor traumatized wallet lol. The Cavalli Carbon should be released soon and for Cavalli products, is reasonably priced.

Apr 5, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #1,463 of 2,420
If you are thinking about getting another amp, you might want to consider a Cavalli Carbon, I have read good things about it. There are too many gadget out and not nearly enough money in my poor traumatized wallet lol. The Cavalli Carbon should be released soon and for Cavalli products, is reasonably priced.

If the price is really not ridiculous then might consider it.
And hopefully no hiss.
For some reason, I once tested my C5 with my friend's 535 and it got hiss. Now I'm worried to use multi driver IEMs with amp

Apr 5, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #1,464 of 2,420
If the price is really not ridiculous then might consider it.
And hopefully no hiss.
For some reason, I once tested my C5 with my friend's 535 and it got hiss. Now I'm worried to use multi driver IEMs with amp

It is supposed to be between 500$ and 700$. If the reviews are consistently rock solid, I could see myself saving up for this amp. I have gotten use to a diet of hummus, mango and noodles., all so I can save up for audio swag lol.:D

Apr 5, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #1,465 of 2,420
It is supposed to be between 500$ and 700$. If the reviews are consistently rock solid, I could see myself saving up for this amp. I have gotten use to a diet of hummus, mango and noodles., all so I can save up for audio swag lol.
biggrin.gif

Uuurgh that price range.... Well I should be able to collect more than 500€ until October, assuming I don't buy anything else.
But I can't really think of anything that I really want to replace this C5. I might even buy new DAP and just keep the C5 'til it dies

Apr 5, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #1,466 of 2,420

Cypher Labs Picollo is fantastic with IEMs. No hiss. Am guessing I don't even need to mention the Fiio E12A. Piccolo's a touch warmer.

Apr 6, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #1,469 of 2,420
Just 2 bad we cant use it as a pc sound card, i need an update ( for as most as 150/160) for my fiio e17.

Edit - and yes i understand that i could look outside of portable, guess i will have to make a newbie thread.

Apr 6, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #1,470 of 2,420
What kind of synergy does the C5 have with lower impedance (<60 ohm) headphones and IEMs?  Would it be worth the money to upgrade to the C5 over the Fiio E11k?  Right now, I'm running LO on a Fiio X1 into the E11k.  Not getting enough bass on some of my phones (e.g. Kef M200).

Thanks.

Edit:  never mind.  Couldn't resist the CTC 20% discount.  C5 now on order.  Dang you Head-Fi!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back