The Cayin C5 portable power house.
Sep 18, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #1,801 of 2,420
I don't know where else to post this but back in August I sent my C5 back to China for repair and even until now I still haven't had confirmation that they've received it. The cayin rep has also stopped replying to my messages when I ask about the status. I really am disappointed with the lack of replies. I'm still waiting for the post office to sort this out as well, I know it's probably the post office's fault but it'd be nice for the rep to at least reply. 

Sep 30, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #1,802 of 2,420
I got me a black Cayin C5 and Im LOVING IT! Great Synergy with my X2 and K7XX and the K712 I bought to try out. Im am highly impressed! And this is from coming from using a Fiio E11 or my Asus Xonar DG internal amp. Now that I have a Schiit Modi 2 Uber, Im going to run optical and use it along with the C5 for my games.

Im very much impressed :)

Oct 5, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #1,804 of 2,420
  I got me a black Cayin C5 and Im LOVING IT! Great Synergy with my X2 and K7XX and the K712 I bought to try out. Im am highly impressed! And this is from coming from using a Fiio E11 or my Asus Xonar DG internal amp. Now that I have a Schiit Modi 2 Uber, Im going to run optical and use it along with the C5 for my games.

Im very much impressed :)

I am just choosing between X2 and K712, from where I live, they are sold at the same price. What is your impression to those headphones? I have heard that K712 is much more difficult to drive than X2. I got an Xonar DGX like you, I am afraid it can't drive them well. But I may invest more into amps if that would improve a lot.
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 6, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #1,805 of 2,420
Phones my C5 pairs well with (with AK100ii as source), compared to driven straight from the AK:
-SE846 (adds a bit of richness tonally, increases soundstage)
-Harmony 8 Pro (adds warmth and bass, tames and smooths out metallic treble, maintains excellent soundstage)
-HE400i (adds body, warmth and dynamics to an anaemic sound produced straight from the AK, something I should know better than to try :p)

Phone my C5 has issues with:
-JH13 (muffles/dulls an exciting, aggressive sound, like removing claws from a tiger)

Overall a keeper. Like people say, it's like a portable tube amp.

Oct 21, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #1,809 of 2,420
Still using my X5/C5 stack with both iems/hps once in a while and I'm always positively surprised (also have a Hugo and P1 to compare too) by the sq which this combination delivers
smily_headphones1.gif

More than enough power => I always use C5 on low gain and with hps like HD700 or PS500 (sometimes bass boost on) I only need around 3 or 4 (with iems 2 or 3) on the volumepot...amazing amp and bang for buck!

Oct 28, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #1,810 of 2,420
Question do any of you guys have a problem with some headphones sounding like the drivers are busting or distorting after you put the c5 on high gain and the bass boost on. Is seems on some headphones and iems that I have, it sounds like the drivers are distorting ( like the drivers are busting ) after the 4th notch with the high gain on and the bass boost on. Any ideas???

Oct 28, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #1,812 of 2,420
You're overloading the driver. The Cayin is deceptively powerful.

eargasm, you might be overloading your ears as well. Be careful out there!

Oct 28, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #1,813 of 2,420
Question do any of you guys have a problem with some headphones sounding like the drivers are busting or distorting after you put the c5 on high gain and the bass boost on. Is seems on some headphones and iems that I have, it sounds like the drivers are distorting ( like the drivers are busting ) after the 4th notch with the high gain on and the bass boost on. Any ideas???

High gain, bass boost and IEMs on the C5 is a sure recipe for destroyed ears and IEMs. 99% sure busting drivers and distortion is what you're hearing.

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #1,815 of 2,420
I've never even tried my headphones on high gain, they are very powerful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back