The Cayin C5 portable power house.
Aug 24, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #166 of 2,420
I'm glad customer service is being so responsive. I ordered my C5 a couple of days ago, so I hope I don't have the same problem.

Aug 24, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #167 of 2,420
Unfortunately for me it was using all my earphones when it happened. It didn't matter what I put in the jacks it would not sound right. I find it strange to happen not gradually but at one sitting yesterday morning. Previously with all my headphones and earphones i didn't hear the disconnect not one time.

Aug 24, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #168 of 2,420
  Unfortunately for me it was using all my earphones when it happened. It didn't matter what I put in the jacks it would not sound right. I find it strange to happen not gradually but at one sitting yesterday morning. Previously with all my headphones and earphones i didn't hear the disconnect not one time.

thinking back, did you remove the plastic cover before it started happening?. likely it happened after the removal of the plastic cover and not sitting it back properly again. If not, if the problem persist, it could be due to minor movement that happened inside the amp pushing the jack backward enough to caused intermittent connection with e phones. My tomahawk used to have a backward movement when inserting the phone. then i screw out the volume knob, pushing it inner before tigthening it. the problem is solve but turning the knob requires more effort as the knob is now rubbing against the faceplate.

my c5 should arrive in a week. fingers crossed.

Aug 24, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #169 of 2,420
Nope. Never removed the plastic covering. One thing I did notice is that it doesn't sit secure. There is slight movement of the plastic cover. I took a good look at how the plastic piece was sitting over the headphone and input jacks before I filed them to be bigger was that it did increase the spacing of the headphone and input jacks. The plastic piece while made to be flush on the jacks was just a slight bit thicker over the the jacks, which was the cause of the problem. 

Aug 25, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #171 of 2,420
That's a DX90 or 50?

I have a DX90 and I'm really interested in this amp...

Edit:

Thomas, where is it a good place to pick up a C5 in China online?  I see a couple dealers on TaoBao but unsure if they are official distributors.  Are there any retail stores I can visit in Guangzhou/Dongguan/Shenzhen area to test it?

Aug 25, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #172 of 2,420
That's a DX90 or 50?

Edit:

Thomas, where is it a good place to pick up a C5 in China online?  I see a couple dealers on TaoBao but unsure if they are official distributors.  Are there any retail stores I can visit in Guangzhou/Dongguan/Shenzhen area to test it?

got mine from ebay seller shenzhen audio. $169 included shipping. Taobao needs 3 party shipping out of china.

Aug 25, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #173 of 2,420
  That's a DX90 or 50?

Edit:

Dealers on Taobao are authorized by us and sold within China, if you come to China, you can see our C5 and actually test it in Guangzhou and Shenzhen, but you may need a detailed address

Aug 25, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #174 of 2,420
  That's a DX90 or 50?

Edit:

DX90, line out is clean detailed. The best out of my daps. Matched with a good amp and it jumps up in sq.

Aug 25, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #175 of 2,420
  Dealers on Taobao are authorized by us and sold within China, if you come to China, you can see our C5 and actually test it in Guangzhou and Shenzhen, but you may need a detailed address

I'm living in Guangzhou right now.  Where can I test the C5? You can type the address in Chinese, I'm fluent in Chinese also.

Aug 25, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #176 of 2,420
Anyone here with Fiio X5? 

This thread caught my attention when reading JVC FX850 thread. I used to have DX90, but its has died on me. Anyway, the seller honored his eBay warranty and I'll get full refund which will in turn fund FX850.
wink.gif

I got X5 after DX90 died so no side by side comparo happened, but from memory what I liked more on DX90 (and this is just about only thing which I feel was better on DX90 vs X5) was wider and more spacious soundstage. And reading this thread gives me impression the this little amp may just do the trick. LO on X5 is fantastic this DAP scales well with Meier Opera, but need a portable solution.

Aug 25, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #177 of 2,420
I think you will be fine with the X5. From reading the X5 thread it seems the line out is very clean on the X5. That is all your gonna need for the C5.Will probably stack better than the DX90 actually because of the larger size..I am sure one of the guys that recently bought one will chime in with their thoughts if they own the X5.

Aug 26, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #179 of 2,420
Anybody order from Shenzhen audio? I was just wondering how long it will take to ship, since it's coming from the Singapore Post it seems.

Aug 26, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #180 of 2,420
Anybody order from Shenzhen audio? I was just wondering how long it will take to ship, since it's coming from the Singapore Post it seems.

I ordered mine there but it's not in Norway yet, shipped from Singapore on August 21'St so should not be to far away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back