The Cayin C5 portable power house.
Aug 23, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #153 of 2,420
  I used a round file to make a much larger diameter over the input and headphone jacks and whala..The sound I like to hear.. Scared me for a bit there. I was sure this unit was defective. But this is something to note for future owners of this amp. If your having issues with contact. Take the plastic top portion off. It pops off with minimum fuss and use a round file to make the hole bigger.. Problem fixed.

Aug 23, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #154 of 2,420

I used a round file to make a much larger diameter over the input and headphone jacks and whala..The sound I like to hear.. Scared me for a bit there. I was sure this unit was defective. But this is something to note for future owners of this amp. If your having issues with contact. Take the plastic top portion off. It pops off with minimum fuss and use a round file to make the hole bigger.. Problem fixed.

Great work Ds!

I agree with you, Cayin need to find out if this is a common problem and if so change it in future production runs.

Aug 23, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #155 of 2,420
Glamor shot.

Fits my Z1060 perfectly. Smartphone size..In honesty if I was to complain about one aspect of the design it would be the headphone jack and input jacks. As you guys can see from the previous picture it is a standard plastic jack. I am starting to wonder how long the Jacks will last. Even my E11K has more reinforced jacks.. I had to fidget with the C5 a bit as it was still cutting out but after I firmly put connectors and my H3 into the jacks it works fine now.

Aug 23, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #156 of 2,420
Thank you, the problem with my forecast of the same, because the plastic pieces to increase the distance between the top of the headphone jack, resulting in problems in contact and I will ask the engineers to correct the mold, in the back of production to solve this problem. 
Once again apologize to you and express my gratitude.

Aug 23, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #157 of 2,420
Now this is how a company should react.  I'll be ordering one down the road once I hear about a model that's fixed.  There's a few companies out there that I will never deal with again and it's nothing to do with their products but to do with communication.

Aug 23, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #158 of 2,420
Basically if the input plug and or headphone plug is not fully in the jack. It sounds muffled. If you guys take out your headphones slightly from whatever source you have you will get the idea. It literally sounds like your hearing music underwater. The hole that I cut out is much larger than the stock hole that sat flush onto the jack openings but raised the mouth of the jack slightly because the thickness of the plastic cover.  The problem was that my interconnects and earphone Jacks both had a thicker base than the opening on the plastic cover. I cut out enough diameter to just fit my interconnects and most if not all my earphone and headphone jack bases.

The strange thing about this whole experience was that this didn't happen all this time I was using it and burning in the amp. It happened for the first and last time this morning. It is good that the problem is fixed but this is clearly a minor design flaw. I am sure future versions will be problem free but if it happens to yours at least it is a simple fix.

@Cayin folks. I appreciated the offer for a replacement but I am glad it was just a minor annoyance. So far so good. No more connective issues. Oh and if you guys design a new plastic cover for the top part. I would greatly appreciate one.
redface.gif
Just my observation but all you guys really have to do is make the plastic part sitting over the input and headphone jacks just a bit thinner but use a better more ridged plastic so it sits slightly below the lip of the headphone and input jacks. I am sure you guys will figure it out.

Aug 23, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #159 of 2,420
Basically if the input plug and or headphone plug is not fully in the jack. It sounds muffled. If you guys take out your headphones slightly from whatever soustandard n put you will get the idea. It literally sounds like your hearing music underwater. The hole that I cut out is much larger than the stock hole that sat flush onto the jack openings but raised the mouth of the jack slightly because the thickness of the plastic cover.  The problem was that my interconnects and earphone Jacks both had a thicker base than the opening on the plastic cover. I cut out enough diameter to just fit my interconnects and most if not all my earphone and headphone jack bases.

The strange thing about this whole experience was that this didn't happen all this time I was using it and burning in the amp. It happened for the first and last time this morning. It is good that the problem is fixed but this is clearly a minor design flaw. I am sure future versions will be problem free but if it happens to yours at least it is a simple fix.

@Cayin folks. I appreciated the offer for a replacement but I am glad it was just a minor annoyance. So far so good. No more connective issues. Oh and if you guys design a new plastic cover for the top part. I would greatly appreciate one. :xf_eek: Just my observation but all you guys really have to do is make the plastic part sitting over the input and headphone jacks just a bit thinner but use a better more ridged plastic so it sits slightly below the lip of the headphone and input jacks. I am sure you guys will figure it out.

u gave me a fright! Already ordered e c5. Luckily e problem is solved. Think e plastic just fit standard jack. i needed to bore e handphone cover hole too for my note 2 before i can use e 850 w e nocturnal cable. E 3.5mm jack was too fat to go into e standard hole.

I would cut a rectangular opening over e 2 input jack when I get mine n solve e problem once n for all...then all typrs of jack can fit.

Aug 24, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #160 of 2,420
Been listening to the amp on and off all day today with solid results. No more cutting out of sound. I threw on for the first time my Nuforce Primo8. Never heard the Primo 8 sound better..Just when I feel one pairing sounds great I try another and it beats the previous for clarity detail and immersion. It is a triple stack of definition and with bass boost on blues and Jazz sound a live. I would seriously have a hard time coming up with what earphone/ headphone pairs the best with the C5. Using one of the most neutral of phones in the primo 8 I have a real sense of just how much bass is being boosted over stock sound using the Primo 8. If I was to guess it sounds like a good 4-6db of boost which is not extreme but is great for when you feel you want to trow on some larger low end for more neutral phones. The bass boost seems more useful for neutral phones more so than earphones such as the FX850 or H3 that already have a bass foundation. Turning on bass boost for the H3 gives a bit too much bass to the sound.

Aug 24, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #161 of 2,420
Nice to know it's just a small issue which can be easily rectified. Btw, have you gotten the time to pair the C5 with the DX50 driving the 850? Have been earley awaiting your impression. Hope you could put in some thoughts soon. Thanks again Ds.

Aug 24, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #162 of 2,420
Sorry my friend I do not own the DX50 any more, I though you meant DX90 as that is what I have. I sold off my DX50 when I bought my DX90. I have no doubts it will sound great using the DX50. I did hook it up to a lesser player in the Z1060 and that sounded great. This amp magnifys the sound from your line out. From memory with the last firmware I installed on the old DX50 I used to own it has more of a neutral signature than anything with too much coloration. Which is pretty much what my DX90 is. I seriously have no doubts it will pair with the DX50 very nicely. The C5 doesn't add much in the way of coloration..It projects the source sound signature more so than anything. It does seem to add a better sense of sound layering and space in all directions, more rangier vocals, instruments, bass, but does not tilt the sound toward any particular sound bias. Well that is as long as you stay off the bass boost.

Aug 24, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #163 of 2,420
 I though you meant DX90 as that is what I have. I sold off my DX50 when I bought my DX90. I have no doubts it will sound great using the DX50. I did hook it up to a lesser player in the Z1060 and that sounded great. This amp magnifys the sound from your line out. From memory with the last firmware I installed on the old DX50 I used to own it has more of a neutral signature than anything with too much coloration. Which is pretty much what my DX90 is. I seriously have no doubts it will pair with the DX50 very nicely. The C5 doesn't add much in the way of coloration..It projects the source sound signature more so than anything. It does seem to add a better sense of sound layering and space in all directions, more rangier vocals, instruments, bass, but does not tilt the sound toward any particular sound bias. Well that is as long as you stay off the bass boost.

Oh, thought I saw you have the DX50 from your sig and didn't know that you have sold it. Nevertheless, your thoughts are re-assuring to know. Personally, I really like the highly musical Wolfson house sound and glad to know that the C5 will not add much to the sound. Thanks again Ds.

Aug 24, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #164 of 2,420
Hi Thomas, thanks for your attention and help. Excellent Customer Service! Would be nice if you could inform us after the changes in production have been applied and which distributors are going to have the new versions.

Aug 24, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #165 of 2,420
Hi Thomas, thanks for your attention and help. Excellent Customer Service! Would be nice if you could inform us after the changes in production have been applied and which distributors are going to have the new versions.

It is not a complicate alteration, but we, do, have to spend some time to do, personally I think the new version could come out in half a month, because we need to design and make a new mold.

We have our workers tried more than 100 models of earphones and headphones today, which including different brands, the problem happened on 3 of them, which as same as DS suffering. Because there are few models of earphones with shorter plugs.

In the following days, we would focus on this problem and work it out ASAP. If any people worried about it, I suggest you may buy it after one months, I believe that the above problem would be solved at that time.

Many many thanks for your attention and support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back