The Car/Motorcycle/Motorsport/Anything fast enough to do something stupid in thread!
Jan 2, 2009 at 9:40 AM Post #436 of 1,511
Too much stuff in the car means you can't have fun with a girl in your car
tongue.gif

Anyway, I saw a DBS today. Looked absolutely stunning, but the standard DB9 is still to my eyes are much cooler car.

Jan 2, 2009 at 10:05 AM Post #437 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
would never put a big fat heavy sub in my car, too much weight and i dont like bass
nor any games consoles/tvs, nah i dont see a car like that, not for show, for driving fun

the worst thing about my ex-car was the body roll, why i avoid hatches like the gti etc,

i'd never put a big audio system in my car either. it just weighs down the car and takes away from the driving dynamics with the extra ballast. what i've done before is a single 10" and an amp to drive everything. not heavy at all.

as for hatches, i wouldn't say that everyone of them has bad body roll. the GTI is especially high, which lends to the body roll with its high center of gravity. something like the ITR is really low to begin with and slightly lowered has very little body roll.

Jan 2, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #438 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have to let you know: the english on the side of the car is really terrible. no offense, i was born in oslo, but babelfish doesn't always lead you straight
smily_headphones1.gif

Blame Daniel Song of Los Angeles, US.
Cause he originally built the car, which even attended "The Fast and the Furious" movie. My friend bought it from him in 2004 and shipped it to Norway. Since then the Vortex compressor have been replaced by a turbo, and now its getting a new 1.8l engine.

Jan 2, 2009 at 11:24 AM Post #440 of 1,511
Just joining in

1969 MG Midget
1275 motor
Ported and polished
roller rockers
Hi comp Pistons
half race cam
MGB 1.75" SU Carbs (Two) special needle tapers because of the fuel flow
Minilite Wheels
Electronic ignition
Full Tuned Extractors
heavy roll bar at the front and up rated springs & leafs all round.

Re done interior (Needs cleaning)

Very fast will hit 7000 rpm and not stop there is no electronic limiter trust me you keep an eye on the tacho as you go through the gears, breaking axles and gears is a real possiblity.

The sound is unbelieveable as you drop through the gears at speed. The brakes are rubbish (disks with no power assist) I have legs like an athlete after driving the beast. I tried racing pads but couldn't get them hot enough in city driving.

Steering is super direct rack and pinion, suspension is like a rock the little sod doesn't know how to roll in corners its flat until the tail comes out.
smile.gif

My dog (Sam) loves it sniffing the air at 60mph is doggy heaven

My everyday car is a Mazda 3 MPS or as you may know it a Mazdaspeed3, great car and I love it, but the little MG is all heart

Jan 2, 2009 at 11:40 AM Post #441 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingkevo25 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any Integra people? I drive one myself. I want an MR2 Turbo, but the Integra is infinitely more practical... I'd love to get an ITR if I ever get the money.

Use to have one. First gen, 1989. Didn't have it long, but enjoyed it while I did.

As for the Mr2s, they are quite fun to drive, and I'd personally take one over an Integra, but I have a thing for small two-seaters, especially if they're mid-engine.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 2, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #443 of 1,511
never misses a beat will be out in it this weekend, just rub it with money it starts first turn

Jan 2, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #444 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingkevo25 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any Integra people? I drive one myself. I want an MR2 Turbo, but the Integra is infinitely more practical... I'd love to get an ITR if I ever get the money.

i had both the ITR and MR2 at the same time a few years ago. my mr2 was a '91 model i believe and so it had the more aggressive suspension tuning from the factory but even then, i largely preferred the way the ITR handled. the mr2 was a fun car and i loved the way the intake and engine sounded. i also loved how it rotated with heavy throttle application but if you went into a corner too fast, it tended to understeer and then would snap into oversteer quickly if you lifted, which carries with it a high pucker factor. the ITR would also understeer if you went into a corner too hot but throttle lift oversteer is more predictable and easier to control with more throttle.

i know that if you went into a corner correctly, you wouldn't have to compensate for all of this but i think overall i was a lot faster in the ITR because its suspension tuning felt more neutral. in the end, i kept the ITR (and still have it to this day) because it was more practical, faster (stock vs stock and in straight line) and gets awesome gas mileage. i typically get 32mpg on the freeway.

Jan 3, 2009 at 11:10 AM Post #447 of 1,511
Think this is some sort of advertising

Jan 4, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #449 of 1,511
1990RX7GXL.jpg

That's my ride in the summer. A 1990 RX-7 GXL with 92,000 miles on the body and 25,000 on a new motor.

69ChevelleSS396.jpg

Here's my dad's Chevelle. It's got a 396 big block. He also has a 32 Ford coupe with a 350 V8 and a 2001 Audi TT 1.8T.

Jan 4, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #450 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by Planar_head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I kinda want a MR2... Are the newer ones any good?

The last generation mr2 is alright, but is in a different class than the 1st two generations. It was really trying to compete against Miata's and Mini's. The engine is identical to the Celica GT (last generation) and definitely doesn't have as many mods as it's predecessors. Unless you specifically want the Spyder, the mr2 to want is a turbocharged second gen, or the supercharged first gen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back