The Car/Motorcycle/Motorsport/Anything fast enough to do something stupid in thread!
Jan 4, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #452 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingkevo25 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The last generation mr2 is alright, but is in a different class than the 1st two generations. It was really trying to compete against Miata's and Mini's. The engine is identical to the Celica GT (last generation) and definitely doesn't have as many mods as it's predecessors. Unless you specifically want the Spyder, the mr2 to want is a turbocharged second gen, or the supercharged first gen.

I completely agree with this. If you still find yourself wanting the last generation mr2, just pick up a Miata. You'll get a better driving experience and a trunk that can actually hold stuff.

Jan 4, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #453 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by UncleDavid218 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1990RX7GXL.jpg

That's my ride in the summer. A 1990 RX-7 GXL with 92,000 miles on the body and 25,000 on a new motor.

69ChevelleSS396.jpg

Here's my dad's Chevelle. It's got a 396 big block. He also has a 32 Ford coupe with a 350 V8 and a 2001 Audi TT 1.8T.

You're lucky.
Wish my dad had one of them!

Jan 4, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #455 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by UncleDavid218 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
69ChevelleSS396.jpg

Here's my dad's Chevelle. It's got a 396 big block. He also has a 32 Ford coupe with a 350 V8 and a 2001 Audi TT 1.8T.

Amazing. That is one of my dream cars. My dad and I almost restored one, but never did. I love old muscle cars.

Jan 5, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #456 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by fureshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
as for hatches, i wouldn't say that everyone of them has bad body roll. the GTI is especially high, which lends to the body roll with its high center of gravity.

well, maybe you're joking - or maybe it depends what you compare it with. at any rate, the suspension can be tuned right. my GTI rides like a go-cart - not that I've recently spent enough time in a go-cart... I think at most three or four race days in 2008! :frowning2: it's handling as well as the Mini or the Cayman, but I guess there are other cars I haven't tried that hug the ground even more firmly.

as for the sound question: I do think there are people who will pick a car over another one because of the sound system. I just thought it was weird of my colleague to pick the Lexus because of the Mark Levinson gear. don't get me wrong, there may be many valid reasons to like Lexus, and for that matter to like Mark Levinson, but the combo is a branding strategy, I'm not too happy with what I hear in his ride.

Jan 5, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #457 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by fureshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have a 2008 GTI. thought that it'd make a great commuter car and for the most part it is. kinda fast, pretty comfortable and decent gas mileage. what i don't like about it is the suspension and the shifter. talk about crazy body roll and a tranny where the throws are way too long and rubbery.

hm, I like the DSG on my 2009 GTI. the sports mode (or manual fwiw) are fun, though it's hard to beat the responsiveness of the auto. I wasn't aware that there's a big diff from the 08 year.

Jan 5, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #459 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its my opinion that the current coopers are probably the most fun hot hatches.

Not as fun as the older Coopers.

Jan 6, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #463 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by 928GTS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey is that RX7 or Chevelle modified in any way? Great iron!

That RX-7 is bone stock because it's in such great shape. I've got a 1986 Turbo with 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, SAFC II, etc. (all the basic mods) that I play around with.

The Chevelle bone stock but was a stroker at one point.

My dad's at the "been there done that" stage of his life so at this point he appreciates a perfect stock example, which his Chevelle is.

Jan 6, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #465 of 1,511
I wish Group B was still around....
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back