The Car/Motorcycle/Motorsport/Anything fast enough to do something stupid in thread!
Dec 26, 2008 at 12:04 PM Post #376 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate you Americans for you access to cheap performance cars!

One of my dream cars, the C63 AMG, is about $50KUSD, but over here it is about $120K AUD. Even accounting for exchange rate, the USRP is still considerably less than the AURP.

No wonder so many Americans drive M, AMG and RS cars.....

second that!

Dec 26, 2008 at 12:08 PM Post #377 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by melomaniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how do people see car audio? one of my colleagues just got into a lexus for the stereo (mark levinson branded), and there was a recent audiophile society call for participation in a study in long beach of car audio equipment... long story short, here's my question:

is the sound a real reason to decide for or against a car for you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only sound I care about in a car is the one coming from the engine.

Honestly, I'm concentrating on the road when I drive, and very high quality music is the last thing I need. That, and my obsession with saving weight in cars, is why I don't really give a toss.

I have to agree with nsx here. I put a decent system in my Miata (Alpine head, Hertz speakers, Audison amps, blah, blah, blah. ) It is absolutely wasted in a convertible, and especially so once the intake and exhaust were upgraded.

My Elise has the touring pack, which includes an upgraded Blaupunkt stereo. It is absolute crap, in my opinion, but it doesn't even matter. When you consider the tire/road noise, the wind noise, the engine noise, the noise of Lotus' Stage 2 exhaust, and the droning that comes from so much exposed aluminum in the interior, it would be next to impossible to get good sound in there. But as I said; it doesn't even matter. I'd rather hear the sound of that Stage 2 anyday.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 26, 2008 at 2:16 PM Post #378 of 1,511
About car stereos again, its fine for people with nice sounding cars like alot of you seem to have, but if I had a little town car or something with say a 1.3 4 cylinder engine, i'd rather listen to my music, unless it had a decent exhaust on it.

Dec 26, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #380 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
true, when i had my fiesta 1.3 the engine wasntt nice really

im after new wheels for my motor, dunno if its better to stick with stock [matching] or go for something different

Make sure the wheels you buy are lighter than the stock issue,you'll reduce unsprung weight and improve handling.

Dec 26, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #381 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duffy1207 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
About car stereos again, its fine for people with nice sounding cars like alot of you seem to have, but if I had a little town car or something with say a 1.3 4 cylinder engine, i'd rather listen to my music, unless it had a decent exhaust on it.

Yeah, it all depend on the engine sound.
In a car with a small 4-cylindered engine you may want to have a stereo. A 5, 6, 8, 10, 12-cylindered powered car on the other hand...

That said, my vehicle have a 800cc 4-cylinder and make some roaring music for the ears.
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 26, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #382 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In a car with a small 4-cylindered engine you may want to have a stereo. A 5, 6, 8, 10, 12-cylindered powered car on the other hand...

That said, my vehicle have a 800cc 4-cylinder and make some roaring music for the ears.
tongue_smile.gif

Many 4 cylinders make beautiful symphonies. Take a look at Toyota's 4AGE motor when properly tuned.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 26, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #384 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

True enough.
Gotta love the noise the 5cyl. audi quattros make, hope the new TTRS sounds similar.

Dec 27, 2008 at 7:36 AM Post #388 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by 928GTS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Many 4 cylinders make beautiful symphonies. Take a look at Toyota's 4AGE motor when properly tuned.
smily_headphones1.gif

or look at honda's B series VTEC engines or from the current civic type-r.

Dec 27, 2008 at 7:48 AM Post #389 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by fureshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
or look at honda's B series VTEC engines or from the current civic type-r.

Agreed,was going to mention them as well. I love the hard edged transition to the higher lift cams courtesy of VTEC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back