The Car/Motorcycle/Motorsport/Anything fast enough to do something stupid in thread!
Dec 25, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #361 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by oofie810 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I cringed when I saw that DB4 GT crash after Eau Rouge.

I know! It was quite a sad sight but overall I'm much happier seeing those classic Astons out on a track rather than locked up in some temperature controlled garage never to be moved.

Dec 25, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #362 of 1,511
I can't stand those car "collectors" who buy up really nice pieces of automotive history and just leave them sitting in some fancy garage.

Cars are meant to be driven, and driving them means other less fortunate people can also appreciate them. Having them sit in garages just seizes up the components over time.

Dec 25, 2008 at 2:39 AM Post #363 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't stand those car "collectors" who buy up really nice pieces of automotive history and just leave them sitting in some fancy garage.

Cars are meant to be driven, and driving them means other less fortunate people can also appreciate them. Having them sit in garages just seizes up the components over time.

Hence the perils of buying low mileage cars,often seals dry up and atrophy and thus when the car is driven in any amount of earnest it springs oil leaks like nobody's business! Often when people buy cars that have been sitting for sometime they often spend a significant portion of the purchase price recommissioning the various parts that have perished. Imagine the expense on something like a vintage Ferrari or Maserati!

Dec 25, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #365 of 1,511
Quote:

IIRC, Merc actually still makes parts for old classics, but the price is one of those "if you have to ask" things...

Yeah,they have those Classic Centers I believe they're called. They're even able to perform full restorations on cars but as you said the pricing is probably through the roof.

Dec 25, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #367 of 1,511
Quote:

The only sound I care about in a car is the one coming from the engine.

x2
A nice roaring engine sound is all I need when driving. Regardless if its on 4 or 2 wheels.

Dec 25, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #368 of 1,511
I too would prefer just the engine sound, when I was driven in a Jag XJR and new MG V6 somethingorother, I insisted the radio was turned off.
However, I wouldn't wanna listen to my dad's diesel mazda on the motorway at 80 for 2 hours without any music to drown it out, and in a situation like that, having a good quality sytem in the car would be worthwhile.

Dec 25, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #369 of 1,511
I'm in love with the way the Zonda F screams. Its just so awesome!

I don't know about other people, but I've always had a big soft spot for good old American muscle. I know the build quality was rubbish and that they don't go around corners properly, but I still want a Challenger or a Cuda for some strange reason. I for one am looking forward to the new Camaro, which was developed here in Australia.

Dec 25, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #370 of 1,511
/me like the look of the new KTM X-Bow...

ktm_X-Bow_Orange-manu-07_064-1024.jpg

Dec 26, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #372 of 1,511
Quote:

amen to that. why buy a car if you're never going to drive it? i have a coworker with a f360 and he commutes in it. of course maintenance costs him an arm and a leg but he has the same philosophy that a car was meant to be driven.

so as for me, i have a 1997 integra type-r, 2003 m3 and a 2008 gti.

wish i saw this thread earlier

Dec 26, 2008 at 6:41 AM Post #373 of 1,511
Quote:

Originally Posted by fureshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
amen to that. why buy a car if you're never going to drive it? i have a coworker with a f360 and he commutes in it. of course maintenance costs him an arm and a leg but he has the same philosophy that a car was meant to be driven.

so as for me, i have a 1997 integra type-r, 2003 m3 and a 2008 gti.

wish i saw this thread earlier

Nice cars,any modifications to any of them?

Dec 26, 2008 at 6:50 AM Post #374 of 1,511
the ITR is/was my track/commute car for quite a while but i only have mods for driveabilty so just suspension, brakes and recaros. i'm in the process of taking out the mods as i'm getting ready to sell the it and the GTI since i just got the M3. i know i'll miss the ITR but i love the combination of speed and luxury of the M3.

Dec 26, 2008 at 10:54 AM Post #375 of 1,511
I hate you Americans for you access to cheap performance cars!

One of my dream cars, the C63 AMG, is about $50KUSD, but over here it is about $120K AUD. Even accounting for exchange rate, the USRP is still considerably less than the AURP.

No wonder so many Americans drive M, AMG and RS cars.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back