The CanalWorks Discussion thread
Aug 2, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #121 of 201
  my apologies for reviving such an old thread. is there any review on the latest product CW-L32V and how does it compares to TG334?

I listened to the CW-L32 and CW-L32V for a brief period. The L32 is voiced similarly to its brethren --- somewhat neutral, laid-back, but it is noticeably less trebly than its other brothers. I like its sub-bass presentation a lot, however. The L32V, on the other hand, is what you might expect from something with a 'V' attached to the end of itself --- it has very boosted vocals, especially in the lower midrange. This might cause people to get the idea that it is not as clear sounding as its non-V twin, and in some ways that's true, but the vocal range boost is obvious and therefore serves a functional purpose. I can't tell whether it's a psychoacoustic effect or not, but it feels as though the L32V's sub-bass is also rolled-off compared to the regular L32, and the treble is even further smoothed, so the L32V feels like a mid-centric monitor through and through. It feels specifically tuned for the stage.

Jan 4, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #122 of 201
I had a chance to listen to the Canalworks CW-L51APSTS, and I was very impressed- particularly by its midrange. I wonder why these don't have more buzz... My impressions here.

Jan 4, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #123 of 201
I had a chance to listen to the Canalworks CW-L51APSTS, and I was very impressed- particularly by its midrange. I wonder why these don't have more buzz... My impressions here.

Probably because it is pretty much impossible to get them outside of Japan. I was also interested by their products but it turned out, I can't really get anywhere close them in Eu.

Jan 4, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #124 of 201
Probably because it is pretty much impossible to get them outside of Japan. I was also interested by their products but it turned out, I can't really get anywhere close them in Eu.

Man, that's a bummer. Can you buy from some of the distributors? I'm guessing Null Audio will be more than happy to work with you guys.

I hope the new flagship is brought in soon!

Jan 5, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #125 of 201
  Man, that's a bummer. Can you buy from some of the distributors? I'm guessing Null Audio will be more than happy to work with you guys.

I hope the new flagship is brought in soon!

Well right now due to the budget problems I can't really buy anything but in the future I might look for it. Though that Legend R is the first place in my list nowadays.

Jan 5, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #126 of 201

Well right now due to the budget problems I can't really buy anything but in the future I might look for it. Though that Legend R is the first place in my list nowadays.

What else is on that list? :p

Jan 5, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #127 of 201
  What else is on that list? :p

Legend R, LCM 4.2 are at the top. If I win the lottery I might also look for K10 and if possible to get MH335DW too. Thought the last 2 seems like a dream
happy_face1.gif

Nothing to become sad though, I still have my Spiral Ear SE5way, after all those years it is still the king.

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #128 of 201
Legend R, LCM 4.2 are at the top. If I win the lottery I might also look for K10 and if possible to get MH335DW too. Thought the last 2 seems like a dream
happy_face1.gif

Nothing to become sad though, I still have my Spiral Ear SE5way, after all those years it is still the king.

If it makes you feel better, I have the same problem with regards to the SE5. Kinda hard to get it in Asia :)

Jan 6, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #129 of 201
  If it makes you feel better, I have the same problem with regards to the SE5. Kinda hard to get it in Asia :)

There are still ways you know but yeah it is hard I can understand it.

Right now my biggest problem is budget not availability in my country so there is nothing I can do except study more and get my masters degree
frown.gif

One day I would like to get Legend R seriously, right now it shares the No1 in my list with 4.2.

Jan 8, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #130 of 201
Jan 8, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #132 of 201

Users who are viewing this thread

Back