The Burson Soloist Voyager! The sexy new flagship Headphone Amp / Preamp - Pure Class-A, 10 Watts XLR
Nov 18, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #76 of 128
just a quick note on installing sp 2 power modules upgrade. They come in a set of 4 (2 with a P (positive) and 2 with an N (negative). Be sure to look at the motherboard to ensure that p modules go in p slot and n modules go in n slot. Also note the orientation of the topcase that is removed. If installed backwards (easy to do) the amp will turn on and then shut off in 2-3 seconds. This is some sort of safety issue. So take careful note of top case orientation.

Please note that the modules will wobble a bit while in their sockets. This does y not affect performance at all. SP2 modules give a cleaner quieter background and allows you to hear more micro detail in recordings.

Nov 18, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #77 of 128
The top has foam cushion which aligns with modules to ensure they are down and stable...

Dec 7, 2023 at 1:12 AM Post #79 of 128
Does the unit display rotate when you let it stand vertically?

Edit: Saw in the pictures that the display is changing orientation depending on position. Apologies for the question

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 4:30 AM Post #80 of 128
has any of you directly compared the newest Burson 3x GT to the Voyager.

I purchased the GT 4 months ago as soon as it came out.

To me it all really sounds only a big marketing operation, but I might be wrong if any of you has direct experience.

Dec 7, 2023 at 5:14 AM Post #81 of 128
To me it all really sounds only a big marketing operation, but I might be wrong if any of you has direct experience.
Hi 😃...
Burson is a bit too serious to keep up with that.

The idea was from Burson's side that Voyager would be ready to launch in the spring of 2024...
BUT,.all of a sudden all the pieces fell into place,and Burson was able to launch Voyager in November to begin distribution in December.

I myself bought a new Soloist 3X GT 2023 with upgraded SP2-modules a few weeks before the launch of Voyager.
BUT,.despite that, I'm really looking forward to listening to Voyager...

I have ordered one during the launch campaign 😃.

Dec 7, 2023 at 5:17 AM Post #82 of 128
Hi 😃...
Burson is a bit too serious to keep up with that.

The idea was from Burson's side that Voyager would be ready to launch in the spring of 2024...
BUT,.all of a sudden all the pieces fell into place,and Burson was able to launch Voyager in November to begin distribution in December.

I myself bought a new Soloist 3X GT 2023 with upgraded SP2-modules a few weeks before the launch of Voyager.
BUT,.despite that, I'm really looking forward to listening to Voyager...

I have ordered one during the launch campaign 😃.
Would be interesting to compare them.

Dec 7, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #83 of 128
Would be interesting to compare them.
I am really looking forward to it.
Unfortunately,.I cannot compare side by side, as I sold my Soloist 3X GT 2023 to a friend a week ago.

But it has had a good "burn-in",.and I have evaluated five different XLR-cables for it...
So I know exactly how it plays with the 8 reference-tracks I use.

Jan 2, 2024 at 11:21 AM Post #84 of 128
I have used the 3XGT for approximately a year, and I found its sound quality to be satisfactory overall. However, I did have some minor concerns, such as a slight coating sensation and a slightly thinner sound density. Fortunately, these issues could be easily resolved by replacing the operational amplifier with a different one.

On the other hand, I must say that the Voyager completely addresses and surpasses the aforementioned concerns of the 3XGT. It offers a remarkably dense and articulate sound, accompanied by a warm and magnetic texture reminiscent of tube amplifiers. The Voyager definitely provides an enhanced audio experience with its rich resolution and immersive qualities. besides that it is very laid back while pushing sonic detais with ease very impressive. (paired with zmf atrium)

Jan 2, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #85 of 128
I have used the 3XGT for approximately a year, and I found its sound quality to be satisfactory overall. However, I did have some minor concerns, such as a slight coating sensation and a slightly thinner sound density. Fortunately, these issues could be easily resolved by replacing the operational amplifier with a different one.

On the other hand, I must say that the Voyager completely addresses and surpasses the aforementioned concerns of the 3XGT. It offers a remarkably dense and articulate sound, accompanied by a warm and magnetic texture reminiscent of tube amplifiers. The Voyager definitely provides an enhanced audio experience with its rich resolution and immersive qualities. besides that it is very laid back while pushing sonic detais with ease very impressive. (paired with zmf atrium)
Nice to know as I am still waiting for mine and I would use it with my Atrium and He1000Se

Jan 2, 2024 at 1:57 PM Post #87 of 128

Any thoughts on how the Voyager compares to the 3X GT if the GT has the upgraded op amps (SS2590's I assume)? Seems the Voyager still sounds better since it has additional refinements, but by how much/is it close?

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2024 at 2:54 AM Post #88 of 128
Any thoughts on how the Voyager compares to the 3X GT if the GT has the upgraded op amps (SS2590's I assume)? Seems the Voyager still sounds better since it has additional refinements, but by how much/is it close?
i think voyager still have the upperhand because the power module seems to be bigger and larger. V7 opamp is definitely worth trying

Jan 3, 2024 at 3:06 AM Post #90 of 128
V7 opamp is definitely worth trying
Hi 🙂...
The newly released V7 Classic Dual OP-amps from Burson arrived yesterday.
I need these to upgrade my Burson Conductor 3X GT DAC.
Burson recommended these just launched for my DAC,.this instead of the also just launched V7 Vivid Pro which comes in their new Voyager.

Today,.my new Voyager head-amp also lands here 😛...
SO,.it will be really interesting to evaluate these new toys.

🔸By the way,.someone here
who have experience of
Synergistic Research
USB-cables.

Attachments

• DSC_0340~3.JPG
    DSC_0340~3.JPG
    355.3 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back