The Burson Soloist Voyager! The sexy new flagship Headphone Amp / Preamp - Pure Class-A, 10 Watts XLR
Nov 9, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #46 of 128
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
Lots of cars have 4 wheels, 5 seats, and with a 2.5l petrol engine. Yet, they perform very differently.
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
Hard Numbers,.you wrote:
Tube-amps often measure worse than Solid State amps...
But They Often Plays Better..!!
The comparison is more like.

You have a bmw. 350hp and XX torque, 19’ rims and 295 tyres.

The dealer tells you that with the same engine etc, with a different design, the car will go faster… seriously?

Very happy to upgrade to a better amp, I do it all the time, but if you tell me just “it’s better because it’s better”, same architecture, sorry not enough. Especially after I bought the gt 2 months ago.

Nov 9, 2023 at 12:28 AM Post #47 of 128
Well, it is better for those who prefer a passive cooling, at least. There were several complaints about the noise coming from the fan.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 12:29 AM Post #48 of 128
The comparison is more like.

You have a bmw. 350hp and XX torque, 19’ rims and 295 tyres.

The dealer tells you that with the same engine etc, with a different design, the car will go faster… seriously?
Yes seriously,.the design and construction matters everything..!!
IF,.it were so easy that you only had to go after...
♦️HARD NUMBERS
Yes,.then most people would be able to construct good hi-fi products.

I know some world famous hifi-designers,.who have their products on the world market...
They don't just go for...
HARD NUMBERS..!!
If they had only done that,.they would not have had their products on the world market.

♦️An example:
How can you hear a difference in the direction of a cable..?
Like an ethernet-cable,.for example, no HARD NUMBERS can tell you that 😉.

Nov 9, 2023 at 12:35 AM Post #49 of 128
Yes seriously,.the design and construction matters everything..!!
IF,.it were so easy that you only had to go after...
♦️HARD NUMBERS
Yes,.then most people would be able to construct good hi-fi products.

I know some world famous hifi-designers,.who have their products on the world market...
They don't just go for...
HARD NUMBERS..!!
If they had only done that,.they would not have had their products on the world market.

♦️An example:
How can you hear a difference in the direction of a cable..?
Like an ethernet-cable,.for example, no HARD NUMBERS can tell you that 😉.
As a minimum oh think that this move is incredibly disrespectful to their loyal customers who bought what was advertised as their new flagship 3 months ago.

Nov 9, 2023 at 1:05 AM Post #50 of 128
As a minimum oh think that this move is incredibly disrespectful to their loyal customers who bought what was advertised as their new flagship 3 months ago.
So you might think,.AND..I have the greatest respect for that.
Unfortunately,.someone is always affected.
BUT,.Soloist 3X GT 2023 will not be worse because Voyager has arrived.

I have had 2-channel high-end Hifi as an interest all my life,.and as an example...

♦️When I bought Linn's
biggest and best speaker
Linn Isobarik new in 1991.
They were incredibly
expensive (see picture)..!!
Then Linn came up with an upgraded version three months later.
Incredibly sad for me,.but the alternative is to stop the development of better products.
AND,.I don't think anyone wants that.

Below,.Burson wrote:
----------------
"Product launch is a highly unreliable plan, and I didn't know if the Voyager could even be released before 2024.

But we knew that it won't be cheap because its components and enclosure are all much more expensive.

Regarding the performance gap. They are different and we'll leave our reviewers and customers to put a % to it.
The Voyager uses a new output stage design and it has a more consistent output regardless of the impedance of the headphones.
-----------------

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1683444726801.jpg
    FB_IMG_1683444726801.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 4:24 AM Post #53 of 128
I have just written an email to Burson expressing my extreme disappointment towards their commercial policies. Let’s see what kind of bs they come back with.

Nov 9, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #54 of 128
I have just written an email to Burson expressing my extreme disappointment towards their commercial policies. Let’s see what kind of bs they come back with.
Oh My God..😳
In other words,.you drew no conclusions from my answer to you, which ended with a picture of my former Linn Isobarik.
You instead let your disappointment take over,.that development is moving forward.

I have friends who bought a new Linn Klimax DS streamer for $18000,.and a week later Linn comes out with a new model.
That's how it works in all industries..unfortunately..!!

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 4:55 AM Post #55 of 128
Oh My God..😳
In other words,.you drew no conclusions from my answer to you, which ended with a picture of my former Linn Isobarik.
You do you mate :)

Nov 9, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #56 of 128
Let’s see what kind of bs they come back with.
😳 I have to comment on this..!!

You must have had incredibly bad experiences with Burson's...
• service
• customer friendliness
• customer support
..etc,.to be able to make such a statement.
I am shocked,.because my own experience with Burson is exactly the opposite….-
---------------------------------------------------------------
Burson Audio is as far from "bullsh-t" in its statements as you can get,.in my opinion.
---------------------------------------------------------------

▪️Let me take an example:
I have now bought 3 new top products from Burson in the last 22 months.
On every occasion...
- the personal contact
- the treatment
- the service
- the support
Have Been More Than Top-Notch ❤️.
Way more than what you can ask for.
If any problem has arisen,.Burson has offered help at such a level that you as a customer are ashamed to accept the help.
I solved it on one occasion in a different way (you from Burson know what I mean 😉).

Burson has really made me feel that I am important as a customer,.and that we are jointly part of the same family of interests...
Music and Soundquality..!!
This is rare in the commercial world we live in today,.and something that I greatly appreciate.

I don't mention any particular names at Burson,.but if you from Burson are reading this, you know who you are.
SO,.to say that Burson Audio would deliver some kind of "bullsh-t" in their statements.
YES,.it is both incredibly rude, and as far from my own perceived reality as you can get in my contact with Burson Audio.

I'm from Sweden,.so the contact with Burson in Australia has been via email.
AND,.shipping of the three new Burson products mentioned above has only taken three days each time.
YEP,.you read that right...
THREE DAYS..!!

It's hardly "bullsh-t".

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #57 of 128
I don't know.
That's what they said in the email and in the link provided in the email: https://www.bursonaudio.com/shop/soloist-voyager/

Well, on the product page they say that "the Voyager is equipped with our premium Silent Power Modules (SPM02) in its internal power supply circuitry."

They seem to imply this on the shop page as well, where they say "with two independently powered amplifiers, dual MUSES72320 volume controls, and our Silent Power Modules (SP02), the Voyager delivers an audio experience that is as out of this world as it looks!"

But then if you look at the bottom they say:
Standard Package:
Soloist Voyager with Burson Silent Power 01 and V6 Vivid Opamps
Remote control unit
Standard power supply unit

Deluxe Package:
Soloist Voyager with Burson Silent Power 02 and V6 Vivid Opamps
Remote control unit
Super Charger 5A

They seem to contradict themselves about what's included in the standard version. They'd better say "the Voyager CAN be equipped with our premium Silent Power Modules (SPM02) in its internal power supply circuitry when choosing the Deluxe package"

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #58 of 128
They seem to contradict themselves about what's included in the standard version. They'd better say "the Voyager CAN be equipped with our premium Silent Power Modules (SPM02) in its internal power supply circuitry when choosing the Deluxe package"
It can be a bit confusing…
For now during the launch campaign,.you get the Deluxe package when you book the Standard package.

It applies up to the first 50 units.

Nov 9, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #59 of 128
It can be a bit confusing…
For now during the launch campaign,.you get the Deluxe package when you book the Standard package.

It applies up to the first 50 units.

Yep, I know. I ordered one 2 days ago. I inquired them about me being in these first 50s but haven't got a reply so far. Guess I am as the offer is still up on the page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back