The Burson Soloist Voyager! The sexy new flagship Headphone Amp / Preamp - Pure Class-A, 10 Watts XLR
Nov 10, 2023 at 11:57 PM Post #61 of 128
😳 I have to comment on this..!!

You must have had incredibly bad experiences with Burson's...
• service
• customer friendliness
• customer support
..etc,.to be able to make such a statement.
I am shocked,.because my own experience with Burson is exactly the opposite….-
---------------------------------------------------------------
Burson Audio is as far from "bullsh-t" in its statements as you can get,.in my opinion.
---------------------------------------------------------------

▪️Let me take an example:
I have now bought 3 new top products from Burson in the last 22 months.
On every occasion...
- the personal contact
- the treatment
- the service
- the support
Have Been More Than Top-Notch ❤️.
Way more than what you can ask for.
If any problem has arisen,.Burson has offered help at such a level that you as a customer are ashamed to accept the help.
I solved it on one occasion in a different way (you from Burson know what I mean 😉).

Burson has really made me feel that I am important as a customer,.and that we are jointly part of the same family of interests...
Music and Soundquality..!!
This is rare in the commercial world we live in today,.and something that I greatly appreciate.

I don't mention any particular names at Burson,.but if you from Burson are reading this, you know who you are.
SO,.to say that Burson Audio would deliver some kind of "bullsh-t" in their statements.
YES,.it is both incredibly rude, and as far from my own perceived reality as you can get in my contact with Burson Audio.

I'm from Sweden,.so the contact with Burson in Australia has been via email.
AND,.shipping of the three new Burson products mentioned above has only taken three days each time.
YEP,.you read that right...
THREE DAYS..!!

It's hardly "bullsh-t".
It’s great you received such great support. Not everyone is so lucky. I am still waiting for a reply from Burson on my 2023 GT which malfunctioned the first day received and I received the standard but paid for the Deluxe. I sent two emails one on the defect and error, second one on the new product launch a few days after my purchase. No response as of yet And they already received the defective GT back. Surely email service is faster than FedEx, Not so great.
The only way to resolve these quick product launches is if the launch comes within the refund/return policy. The restocking fee when there is one is a deterrent. It may sit well with some of you when this happens doesn’t mean everyone must accept this type of business model. When two launches are this fast behind each other there is no excuse they built these two models concurrently. The only reasoning I can see is price points, targeting people that may not mind paying more for a fanless and slightly better performing model. for Me if they do not operate to my satisfaction I’ll just go elsewhere…

Nov 11, 2023 at 1:11 AM Post #62 of 128
It’s great you received such great support. Not everyone is so lucky. I am still waiting for a reply from Burson on my 2023 GT which malfunctioned the first day received and I received the standard but paid for the Deluxe. I sent two emails one on the defect and error, second one on the new product launch a few days after my purchase. No response as of yet And they already received the defective GT back. Surely email service is faster than FedEx, Not so great.
The only way to resolve these quick product launches is if the launch comes within the refund/return policy. The restocking fee when there is one is a deterrent. It may sit well with some of you when this happens doesn’t mean everyone must accept this type of business model. When two launches are this fast behind each other there is no excuse they built these two models concurrently. The only reasoning I can see is price points, targeting people that may not mind paying more for a fanless and slightly better performing model. for Me if they do not operate to my satisfaction I’ll just go elsewhere…
The situation just got worse. I just connected my ZMF Atriums to my secondary system and found out when my GT spewed the loud uncontrolled distortion the Atriums were damaged...

Nov 11, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #64 of 128
The situation just got worse. I just connected my ZMF Atriums to my secondary system and found out when my GT spewed the loud uncontrolled distortion the Atriums were damaged...
This is what I have experienced in my soloist as well. My HE6SE V2 got destroyed by this amp. It's the only AMP that I have that destroys headphones. Told ya'all but no one listens. Good thing adorama replaced it under warranty.

Nov 11, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #65 of 128
This is what I have experienced in my soloist as well. My HE6SE V2 got destroyed by this amp. It's the only AMP that I have that destroys headphones. Told ya'all but no one listens. Good thing adorama replaced it under warranty.
Did this happen while powering the amp on with the headphones connected to the unit? It is known that Soloist 3XP produces a high voltage peak while powering on that could potentially damage headphones and it's therefore recommended not having anything connected from the start. But not sure about other Burson models.

Nov 11, 2023 at 11:22 PM Post #66 of 128
Did this happen while powering the amp on with the headphones connected to the unit? It is known that Soloist 3XP produces a high voltage peak while powering on that could potentially damage headphones and it's therefore recommended not having anything connected from the start. But not sure about other Burson models.
Nope, it was just playing the music and suddenly, kaboom.. the left channel died.

Nov 13, 2023 at 2:36 AM Post #67 of 128
Sorry for crossposting, but we seem to have 2 almost identical threads...

I just got an email from Burson, confirming that my Voyager preorder is eligible for the free Deluxe upgrade.
They hinted at a new coming free update they're working on, but they'll be more explicit in a few days. Would be great if that would be the rumored new opamp revision, but I'm more inclined to think at a revised cool stand or something similar. We'll see.
As for differences compared to the previous flagship, casing apart, these seem to be mainly related to the output stage, as already stated in another post in this thread. They’re going to update the product page accordingly in a while.

Nov 13, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #68 of 128

I just got an email from Burson, confirming that my Voyager preorder is eligible for the free Deluxe upgrade.
They hinted at a new coming free update they're working on, but they'll be more explicit in a few days. Would be great if that would be the rumored new opamp revision, but I'm more inclined to think at a revised cool stand or something similar. We'll see.
As for differences compared to the previous flagship, casing apart, these seem to be mainly related to the output stage, as already stated in another post in this thread. They’re going to update the product page accordingly in a while.
Full disclosure Burson indicated they did not have an email from me even though I sent it through their web service.
"
Hi Michael,

I apologize for the breakdown in communication. Ryan forwarded your email to me, and I have since checked our inboxes. Unfortunately, I am unable to locate your previous emails. However, I am here now to assist you!

Regarding your original unit, all Burson amplifiers go through at lest 100 hours of burnt-in and QC before shipping. It appears HiFi Heaven did not correctly install the SP02 modules, which likely caused the distortion. Could you please let me know where you purchased the ZMF from (is Atriums its model name)? We have numerous industry partners in the U.S., and we can assist in getting the damaged driver repaired or replaced.

As for the Voyager and all our amplifiers, they are equipped with headphone/speaker protection. For nearly 20 years, thousands of our customers have confidently used them. In fact, due to our unique cooling design, our amplifiers are arguably the most stable in the industry, regardless of the operating environment. More specifically on the Voyager. So to avoid issues like this, we are shipping all Voyagers with the SP02 modules installed.

Over the years, in the rare cases of headphone or speaker driver damage, we have always worked with our customers and dealers to restore their equipment, regardless of the cause.
Look forward to hearing from you and thank you again for supporting Burson!

Alex"

Nov 16, 2023 at 4:19 AM Post #69 of 128

FYI, Australia's retail supplier, AddictedToAudio, are listing the deluxe edition of the Voyager as having the V7 opamps. So looks like you are right. Hopefully they are an improvement on the V6 as I have moved on from them in my preamp (Orange brand opamps for now!)

Nov 16, 2023 at 4:22 AM Post #70 of 128
FYI, Australia's retail supplier, AddictedToAudio, are listing the deluxe edition of the Voyager as having the V7 opamps. So looks like you are right. Hopefully they are an improvement on the V6 as I have moved on from them in my preamp (Orange brand opamps for now!)

That’s a great news, thanks! Thinking about it, as they said something is coming they called it "update", which seemed to imply it would not have been an added accessory but something in the amp.
Another detail I'm noticing on the AddictedToAudio page is that at least at this moment the Deluxe version is costing less than the Standard one, and that the Standard one is a "special order item". Actually, the Deluxe is costing quite a bit less than what I paid. :\

Edit: Burson's Shop Voyager page was updated as well, Opamps v7 confirmed for the Deluxe package.

Standard Package:
Soloist Voyager with Burson Silent Power 02 and V6 Vivid Opamps installed
Remote control
Standard power supply unit – 24V/5A power supply

Deluxe Package:
Soloist Voyager with Burson Silent Power 02 and V7 Vivid Pro Opamps
Remote control
Burson Super Charger 5A – 24V/5A power supply

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #72 of 128
Pro is also used on the Sparkos Pro line. Perhaps the "Pro" on the V7's is to say they are now a direct competitor to the Sparkos SS2590's?

It's exciting that the V7's are finally here! I'm guessing those withe the Voyagers will get to try the V7's first, but once the V7's are available to order I won't be able to resist comparing them to the Sparkos, SI 992/994's, and V6 Vivids. Changing the Op Amps always has a big impact on the end sound, so the Voyager could be a serious upgrade over the GT now with that change alone.

Nov 16, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #73 of 128
vivid v7..pro?
Yes I have been corresponding with Burson as they are trying to create an amp which negates the need for opamp rolling, but still can be.... The upgrades are taking the amp to the next level and I believe should ship prior to Christmas. I ordered mine, the issue I had was the store loaded the SP2 incorrectly positioning the the 15p in the 15N slot. The shop now claims the amp works perfectly. I'm not sure how as I fixed the issue and it still distorted very loudly, so I packed it back up and returned it to the vender. This particular shop is very poor in communicating unless they need something from the customer, I believe they are staffed by grumpy guys. This will probably be my last transaction with them. Hopefully I have no issues with the Voyages, the composer dac I have works perfectly.

Nov 16, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #74 of 128
Is that Australian dollars, I assume so as it's an Australian company
Hi, yes. It's USD. Aussie customers can reach us directly or thru our national distributor.
a completely black out model would be sick
Thanks for the suggestion mate!
Will it be at the Dallas CanJam?
Yes! everyone is welcome to the Bloom Audio booth at Dallas CanJam and give it a go.
dear burson audio

Please consider implementing a new user interface. It can be frustrating to have to press buttons seven times just to adjust the gain. Additionally, having a dedicated button for screen rotation seems unnecessary as it is not a frequently used feature. It would be beneficial to use common sense and rethink the placement of such buttons.
Thanks for the feedback greyforest!
Aside from the lack of the fan, the specs seem identical to those of the new Soloist GT (launched 3 months ago…).

Or am I wrong?

Seems the main change is a new case in order to eliminate the need for active cooling, which is a great step forward. Visually I'm also a big fan of the new look. The design looks great, and I hope is used on the next Conductor as well.

I think the big question on everyone's mind is, are there any sound differences/refinements from the most recent 3X GT?
Guys, in regards to the design is just more than aesthetics and power. The voyager uses a new output design which makes it even more linear when the impedance of headphones change.

Feel free to jump into the discussion at the Headphone amps section,
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bur...ts-fully-balanced.970424/page-2#post-17817238
Users will be posting impressions once they receive their units and we will be answering questions/posting updates in regards to the design of the voyager :beerchug:

Burson Audio Stay updated on Burson Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BursonAudio https://twitter.com/bursonaudio http://www.bursonaudio.com/products/
Nov 17, 2023 at 12:45 AM Post #75 of 128
Here are some steaming fresh pictures of the new...
♦️V7 Vivid pro OP-amps
Installed in Burson Soloist Voyager.

In the next picture you can see the new,.delicious remote control for Voyager.
One can only congratulate Burson Audio on these outstanding upgrades

Attachments

• received_727622995907135.jpeg
    received_727622995907135.jpeg
    181.1 KB · Views: 0
  • received_2022269048265214.jpeg
    received_2022269048265214.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back