The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Impressions thread
Sep 17, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #436 of 1,323
  That's interesting indeed. What about it sounds worse on the MS2/Asgard? I'm thinking maybe Schiit amps' tendencies to be somewhat bright might not mix well with the 1350s. I've got the MS2 and MS2+ and they do seem slightly different. The MS2 has a slight bit of grain and coloration in the mids but its very slight and the MS2 is still pretty great for the price IMO.

For whatever reason, the 1350s just sound a little dull and lifeless on the MS2/Asgard combo.  I could speculate all day as to why that is, but who knows if I'd be right.  On the Audinst, the 1350s just sound a little more snappy and transparent.  It COULD simply be that I need to spend more time with the 1350/MS2/Asgard combo to allow my ears to adjust to the sound, but my initial snap impressions have been pretty meh.

Now, with my DT880s (250 ohm), the MS2/Asgard combo really shines, while the Audinst just doesn't do them justice.  This seems to be due to the Asgard supplying them with enough juice to really let the 880s shine.  

All in all, it's worked out well for me.  The Audinst now permanently resides on my work computer where I do all of my 1350 listening anyway.  The Asgard/MS2/DT880 rig is my permanent fixture at home.

Sep 19, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #438 of 1,323
The 1350s have wonderful bass for the size of the transducers....absolutley me at times....what they deliver in that dept. I also have a set of T90s which do better but the 1350s are indeed right there as some of the best in this area.

A.

Sep 22, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #439 of 1,323
I just ordered these tonight from Amazon to replace the AKG K451s I bought and returned immediately (thanks What Hifi).  Those were the first headphones I ever bought, waaaaay to bass-y and muddled, I don't listen to dubstep.  I am going to us these as portable, so I need a portable amp to use with them.  I am thinking of either the ALO Continental or something from Ray Samuels, something with more of a "warm" sound, would anybody recommend these or maybe something different?

Sep 22, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #441 of 1,323
So I've been enjoying my 1350's for a couple years now. 
They still amaze me with their well rounded, punchy sound.
I'm using them primarily when traveling with an ipod classic, lossless and an RSA portable amp.

Yesterday I noticed that one of the caps had fallen off a cup.
Oddly, the surface below had the same Beyer name embossed.

Is the outer cover merely cosmetic?
Does it affect sound?

It's applied with double sided sticky tape that is loosing it's stickiness, it won't stay on anymore.

Should I replace? Does this matter?

Anyone else deal with this?

Sep 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #443 of 1,323
Beyer needs to do away with the double sided tape... the earpads to earcups, earcup faceplates to earcups...

Oct 3, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #447 of 1,323
  Just picked up a pair of these .... initially, I like them better than the Senn HD25-whatever.  The Senns seem to have bloated bass by comparison.  We'll see which of the 2 is the keeper after some time elapses.

I was about to +1 this post .... until I realized it was mine!  Two weeks later I'm using these exclusively at work out of my ipod touch, displacing the VSonic GR07s  (still my favorite IEMs).  As said above, nice, punchy bass, crisp but not at all harsh highs.

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #448 of 1,323
I love my DT1350, infact I am now lusting after the T90's as I want to experience the same sound in an open can. Here's a link to a comparison I did between the HD 25 Aluminium & the Beyers :

http://www.head-fi.org/t/668280/sennheiser-hd25-aluminium-25th-anniversary-edition-review/75#post_9858778

post 86

Oct 4, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #449 of 1,323
I have both and the T90s are indeed better than the 1350s all around.
Better comfort, wider soundstage, better articulation, etc...

Both are wonderful...just the T90s take it up a whole order of magnitude..

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back