The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Impressions thread
Dec 4, 2022 at 9:35 AM Post #1,306 of 1,323
The Beyerdynamic DT-1350 sound so good with my Windows Laptop in WASAPI Exclusive Mode with my Chord Mojo. First time hearing this paring, it blows my mind how great it sounds. I'm a semi-open headphone kind of guy so hearing this closed back headphone was truly a great experience for me! Every genre of music sounds excellent with it!

Dec 4, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #1,307 of 1,323
The Beyerdynamic DT-1350 sound so good with my Windows Laptop in WASAPI Exclusive Mode with my Chord Mojo. First time hearing this paring, it blows my mind how great it sounds. I'm a semi-open headphone kind of guy so hearing this closed back headphone was truly a great experience for me! Every genre of music sounds excellent with it!
This makes me want to take them back out of the drawer again. I haven’t used mine for a while 😎

Dec 7, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #1,308 of 1,323
I just realized that it is not DT-1350 that I had in my drawer... I have the T51p. But I had DT-1350 before I got the T51p and both of them sound great. I really like what I am hearing from these. I need to use them more often.

52549018979_8adba44104_k.jpg

Dec 24, 2023 at 6:19 AM Post #1,310 of 1,323
I know it is a very old thread but it won't hurt to try.

The stock pads EDT 51P are no longer available.
I still love my two T51p very much and they need new pads.

Did anyone try the EDT 1350SL on the T51p?
Did they change the sound signature a lot and how?

Thank you very much. Happy holidays!

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2023 at 6:35 AM Post #1,311 of 1,323
I know it is a very old thread but it won't hurt to try.

The stock pads EDT 51P are no longer available.
I still love my two T51p very much and they need new pads.

Did anyone try the EDT 1350SL on the T51p?
Did they change the sound signature a lot and how?

Thank you very much. Happy holidays!
The DT1350 pads are much denser and in direct comparison with the T51 pads rather uncomfortable... so I'd expect a change in sound signature, but have not tried myself. I preferred the DT1350 signature, being a bit less warm... and pads are always part of the tuning. But its worth trying out I think.

Dec 24, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #1,312 of 1,323
Thank you very much.

I purchased a pair of EDT 51P a couple of years ago and installed them yesterday on my worst T51p (more than 6 years on the pads, hmm). The sound with the new pads is incredible again. But I fear that's it.

I have asked Beyerdynamic about the availability of EDT 51p but I have very little hope, worth a try, awaiting a response after the holidays.

I purchased a 1350 Pro a view years ago and I was not impressed, did not like the sound very much and the clamping force was a bit high and I returned them. In addition I was not able to achieve a good seal with the 1350 Pro and it's stock pads.
But I was used to the T51p for years, that might be an explanation why I didn't like the sound signature of the 1350 Pro.

After 10 years of almost daily use, the T51p still works as it did on the first day - very impressive.

Ultimately, I have no other choice and will have to use the EDT 1350SL. But maybe I will be impressed :wink:.

Are there any good alternatives for the T51p or 1350?

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #1,313 of 1,323
Thank you very much.

I purchased a pair of EDT 51P a couple of years ago and installed them yesterday on my worst T51p (more than 6 years on the pads, hmm). The sound with the new pads is incredible again. But I fear that's it.

I have asked Beyerdynamic about the availability of EDT 51p but I have very little hope, worth a try, awaiting a response after the holidays.

I purchased a 1350 Pro a view years ago and I was not impressed, did not like the sound very much and the clamping force was a bit high and I returned them. In addition I was not able to achieve a good seal with the 1350 Pro and it's stock pads.
But I was used to the T51p for years, that might be an explanation why I didn't like the sound signature of the 1350 Pro.

After 10 years of almost daily use, the T51p still works as it did on the first day - very impressive.

Ultimately, I have no other choice and will have to use the EDT 1350SL. But maybe I will be impressed :wink:.

The 1350 and T51P were introduced to compete with the Sennheiser HD 25, which is still in production. I never heard it, so I don't know if it's a good alternative.

Dec 24, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #1,314 of 1,323
The 1350 and T51P were introduced to compete with the Sennheiser HD 25, which is still in production. I never heard it, so I don't know if it's a good alternative.
I have a DT-1350 and a Sennheiser Amperior, which is an aluminum-bodied HD25 variant. See https://www.stereophile.com/content/most-excellent-sennheiser-amperior-and-hd-25-1-ii for Tyll Hertsens' review and measurements. The 1350 has stronger bass, but overall I prefer the Amperior, which has a more even response and, maybe, even better PRaT. However, I rarely use either of these headphones any longer, although I still own them. My use case is, I suspect, unusual: as a night-time headphone connected directly from the output of a Kaito KA1102 multi-band receiver (https://www.eham.net/reviews/view-product?id=4045), listening to FM radio. I currently use a Fostex TH-7 for that application: it sounds a little mellower but more natural to me, especially for classical music and, of course, being an around-ear headphone, it is more comfortable. A very good and less expensive alternative to both the DT-1350 and the Amperior is the Beyerdynamic DT-240 Pro. See https://www.stereophile.com/content/beyerdynamic-dt-240-pro-affordable-over-ear-sealed-headphones for Tyll Hersens's review and measurements.

Dec 24, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #1,315 of 1,323
Thank you so much for your recommendations, so nice, interesting use case.

It seems, the Amperior is no longer available.

For stationary listening I use my over-ear headphones. But for mobile usage and for my daily workout (incl. rowing) I prefer on-ear headphones.

What about the Sennheiser HD26 PRO? It seems like a (plastic) copy of the 1350.
There is very little information about it, like reviews, measurements etc.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 5:36 AM Post #1,316 of 1,323
Thank you very much.

Asking Beyerdynamic is always a good idea, maybe they can help. Or point you to compatible third party pads. Thinking of that, HD25 pads might be worth having a look at, but maybe the lip is just too large to fit on the T51p.

Speaking of other pads, you could also ask Beyerdynamic if the Aventho pads might fit (EDT Aventho). I think those pads were rather similar to the T51 pads.
Which also leads to similar headphones, but the Aventho is also gone for some time already...

The DT240 already mentioned is also a fine, very compact headphone with surprisingly good comfort. I remember I liked its sound signature, but unfortunately don't remember any specifics.

I never quite liked the HD25, both for comfort and sound signature. Yet I have to admit I pulled out my old DT1350 yesterday and was not that impressed anymore. So for me at least it was worth moving on...

Dec 25, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #1,317 of 1,323
Many thanks for your kind answer and the informative tips.
The Aventho pads would be still available. But I have to ask Beyerdynamic whether these pads are compatible.

My two pairs of T51p are still working perfectly and are in good/mint condition (especially one pair is almost new). It would be such a shame if I could no longer use them longterm. But there are still the 1350SL pads even when the sound signature would change, still usable headphones and fine for sports or commute, I think.

The original EDT 51P pads are so comfy though, the 1350 pro I had tested was not so pleasant but ok. At the moment everything is fine (new pads on both) but this will be a problem in the foreseeable future.

The sound of the T51p is not perfect of course but they are simply a lot of fun with rock/pop during training or on the train, not so ideal for classical or jazz in my opinion but still usable. For deep immersion in music, I have my HD800S, which I had to save up for a long time (but EQed a little bit, hihi).

As far as I was able to research the HD26 PRO should be more comfortable and more refined sounding than the HD25.

The HD26 Pro are on the market for a decade now. I wonder whether Sennheiser will drop the support regarding spare parts either in the near future. As far as I know the HD26 Pro is still in Sennheiser's PRO devision, the Sennheiser's consumer devision has been sold and is no longer part of the Sennheiser group.

I will have to wait for Beyerdynamic's reply. Maybe they have a solution.
Thank you guys!

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #1,318 of 1,323
Yet I have to admit I pulled out my old DT1350 yesterday and was not that impressed anymore. So for me at least it was worth moving on...
hmmm I also just took my old DT1350 out of the drawer last week and I was so impressed. Paired them with my earmen TR-Amp and they had such a clear, open and punchy sound. I think they are still a good headphone and it is a shame that Beyerdynamic does not have a real replacement for them anymore.

Dec 27, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #1,319 of 1,323
hmmm I also just took my old DT1350 out of the drawer last week and I was so impressed. Paired them with my earmen TR-Amp and they had such a clear, open and punchy sound. I think they are still a good headphone and it is a shame that Beyerdynamic does not have a real replacement for them anymore.
I’ll check again as soon as I’m back from my winter holidays… should give it more time I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back