The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Impressions thread
Oct 27, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #1,188 of 1,323
I just picked up a pair of DT1350s a couple days ago and am loving how they sound. Any suggestions for an entry-level portable DAP/Amp rig that pairs nicely with these?

The FiiO products are probably all you need, but if you need others for comparison sake here are a few popular ones from a list I've been making... 

TEAC HA-P50/SE (or Onkyo HA-200)
​Beyerdynamic A200p
iBasso D14 "Bushmaster" & D-Zero Mk2
Oppo HA-200
Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII
Cypher Labs Theorem 720
LH Labs Geek Out
ifi nano iDSD
JDS C5D
Chord Mojo
Resonessence HERUS
Ray Samuel's Emmeline "P51 Mustang"
Apogee Groove
Sony PHA-1A
Audioquest Dragonfly
HRT Microstreamer
Schiit Fulla

Oct 30, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #1,190 of 1,323
Most of those have good rep and will probably do, but forget the microstreamer.  I tried a friend's, and versus the E10k and Fulla, the microstreamer is just overpriced junk.
iBasso gear are a real treat to listen to.

Oct 30, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #1,191 of 1,323
I just picked up a pair of DT1350s a couple days ago and am loving how they sound. Any suggestions for an entry-level portable DAP/Amp rig that pairs nicely with these?

JDS C5D as DAC/Amp or as just analog/line-in amp from my DAP (usually A10 Walkman) worked well for me- has a very nice bass boost switch if you're into that- though if you want a dedicated DAP there is probably one that costs less and drives them well without need for an extra amp (Shanling, Fiio, xDuoo, iBasso all have <$200 DAPs IIRC, some of them also double as usb dac/amp for PC even)... even Sansa Clip not too shabby :D

Oct 31, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #1,192 of 1,323

To be honest I find these are extremely easy to drive, and I get such good results from the standard headphone out from my various iToys, that I find myself not even thinking about bothering with an external DAC/Amp, even though I have a Mojo and AQ Dragonfly Red lying around.

Oct 31, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #1,194 of 1,323
To be honest I find these are extremely easy to drive, and I get such good results from the standard headphone out from my various iToys, that I find myself not even thinking about bothering with an external DAC/Amp, even though I have a Mojo and AQ Dragonfly Red lying around.

I agree. I uploaded all my music to micro SD and picked up a cheap DAP (Agptek) for the time being. I'm finding that it is driving these phones without issue. I only wonder if the right portable DAC could elevate the sound and provide me a manual volume adjustment.

Oct 31, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #1,195 of 1,323

The FiiO products are probably all you need, but if you need others for comparison sake here are a few popular ones from a list I've been making... 

​Beyerdynamic A200p
Oppo HA-200
Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII
Cypher Labs Theorem 720
LH Labs Geek Out
ifi nano iDSD
JDS C5D
Chord Mojo
Resonessence HERUS
Apogee Groove
Sony PHA-1A
Audioquest Dragonfly
HRT Microstreamer
Schiit Fulla

I appreciate the list. Looks like I have plenty of research to do!

Oct 31, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #1,196 of 1,323
I agree. I uploaded all my music to micro SD and picked up a cheap DAP (Agptek) for the time being. I'm finding that it is driving these phones without issue. I only wonder if the right portable DAC could elevate the sound and provide me a manual volume adjustment.

Fiio X3ii or X5ii on their own or with E12a sounds great with the 1350's.

Oct 31, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #1,197 of 1,323

​Beyerdynamic A200p
Oppo HA-200
Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII
Cypher Labs Theorem 720
LH Labs Geek Out
ifi nano iDSD
JDS C5D
Chord Mojo
Resonessence HERUS
Apogee Groove
Sony PHA-1A
Audioquest Dragonfly
HRT Microstreamer
Schiit Fulla

I appreciate the list. Looks like I have plenty of research to do!

I wouldn't sweat it... I have only tried a few of these so far (HRT Microstreamer, A200p and TEAC ha-p50) but I don't hear huge differences between them. Maybe with the more expensive stuff, but I think the ear acclimates itself pretty well to whatever it's listening to. 

Nov 18, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #1,199 of 1,323
Trying out the Sine- they are nice but I'm finding myself in agreement with previous commenters that prefered DT1350 overall, particularly as a portable headphone (does not help that whenever I shift my head the balance on the Sine changes even though they fit firmly, some impressions mention this, but they make it seem like no big deal :blink: )

Dec 21, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #1,200 of 1,323
Trying out the Sine- they are nice but I'm finding myself in agreement with previous commenters that prefered DT1350 overall, particularly as a portable headphone (does not help that whenever I shift my head the balance on the Sine changes even though they fit firmly, some impressions mention this, but they make it seem like no big deal
blink.gif
)

I agree... I initially did not find great but after a few weeks of burn-in and listening... I now love DT1350... Only gripe is that cable is non-detachable and there is no Mic... so it is not truly portable solution. If it can be modded to have removable cable with Mic option, it would be perfect portable solution for me.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back