The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Impressions thread
Jul 27, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #17 of 1,323

Quote:
So the Dacport is a nice pairing?  I just traded my Dacport LX for the dacport with amp for convenience reasons, hoping that it will be a good pairing.  Your comments are nice to hear.

I only have DACport, so I have no idea whether Dacport is nice enough compared with other amps. But, at least, I feel dt1350 sound great with dacport.

Jul 28, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #18 of 1,323
The DT1350 sounds excellent out of a tubey amp. Using the C&C X02, very warm analogue-sounding amp. The DT1350 was perfect on this amp. When I initially tried out the DT1350 I wasn't that impressed with it (used a Dared MP5) and actually preferred the t50p. I felt like it wasn't a "fun" can to compete with my bassier stuff and it didn't have the same air and ethereal feel that the t50p. The MP5 is known to be a very airy and bright amp.

But when I used it with the X02 the thing became both "fun" and captivating with the warmth and still managed to be very fast, detailed, and accurate, excellent match. I would imagine it would sound great with any tubey-sounding amp.

Jul 28, 2011 at 4:03 AM Post #19 of 1,323

Quote:
The DT1350 sounds excellent out of a tubey amp. Using the C&C X02, very warm analogue-sounding amp. The DT1350 was perfect on this amp. When I initially tried out the DT1350 I wasn't that impressed with it (used a Dared MP5) and actually preferred the t50p. I felt like it wasn't a "fun" can to compete with my bassier stuff and it didn't have the same air and ethereal feel that the t50p. The MP5 is known to be a very airy and bright amp.

But when I used it with the X02 the thing became both "fun" and captivating with the warmth and still managed to be very fast, detailed, and accurate, excellent match. I would imagine it would sound great with any tubey-sounding amp.

Isn't the X02 a tube amp that's super bassy? Or is it a solid state amp?

Jul 28, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #21 of 1,323
I'm sitting overlooking Lake Seneca, sipping Pampero, and listening to my new 1350's that I picked up the day before this trip.

Original Ipod 3g -> Pelican PB-2 -> 1350 - and I'm massively pleased with the sound, I have no regrets about this purchase at all.
:)

Caveat - I am a fan of the BD sound having entered the world of Head-fi with a pair of 880 600's.

Jul 28, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #22 of 1,323
I received my DT 1350s a few days ago. At first listen, I was immediately underwhelmed by the poor bass. Luckily, I had been following the threads on these phones and knew that I had to maneuver them to find the sweet spot.

After finding the proper fit (which was not hard), all I can say is WOW. I just found my new favorite headphones. Some comfort issues, but seems to be getting better each day.  I bought these for work but I find myself so distracted by the great sound that I am not getting anything done! 

Jul 29, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #24 of 1,323

Quote:
I just picked my pair up! Unfortunately, I will be out of town this weekend, so I won't get to do any listening with these until next week :frowning2:

Well, they are portable. :-D

Jul 29, 2011 at 4:40 AM Post #25 of 1,323
Good to see this little Beyer is wowing so many people.
dt880smile.png

Jul 30, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #29 of 1,323
I got mine from B&H Photo.  I signed up to be alerted when they were back in stock...and jumped on them when I got the email.

Jul 30, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #30 of 1,323

Quote:
Where are you guys getting your DT1350s?
I ordered from full compass a month ago, and still not shipped...

Ordered mine from Long & McQuade and it took mine around 2 months to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back