The Beyerdynamic T51p Discussion Thread
Jan 6, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #31 of 116
I am not a fan of these either, in fact I've just returned a pair.  I should say that these were only used for portability/commute (on the tube and flights), both of which these cans failed to impress. Also, the headband was uncomfortable after an hour or so. Not all bad, the build quality seems top notch.

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #32 of 116
  Hello,

I've received a replacement set of T51p - an ear cup of the first pair is scratched; the replacement has an earlier serial number - 3,000s v 5,000s - and has the specification sticker on the box. Are there any known differences between early and later 32 ohm sets?

Thanks,
DT

Not that I'm aware of.  

just for the records, re: much earlier versions - I was involved in a discussion about these on another site and one person had managed to get a response from Beyer:  stating that beginning from serial number 11725 the impedance is 32 Ohms, before it was 60 Ohms.  

write it up! 

Jan 8, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #35 of 116
  I don't think they leak much and should therefore be usable in those scenarios if you keep the listening volume at sane levels. And don'T forget to turn the music off before taking them off :wink:

Well, I grabbed a pair and sure enough, you can't hear a thing unless you are right next to the listener in absolute silence. I'll wait until burn in before making any conclusions about the sound, but right now they sound OK from Fiio X3, better from Fiio X3 + O2, and benefit from dropping the bass slightly from the EQ.

Jan 9, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #36 of 116

Well, I grabbed a pair and sure enough, you can't hear a thing unless you are right next to the listener in absolute silence. I'll wait until burn in before making any conclusions about the sound, but right now they sound OK from Fiio X3, better from Fiio X3 + O2, and benefit from dropping the bass slightly from the EQ.

The pads may get a bit softer with some usage (though the effect was stronger with the DT1350, probably because their pads are not as soft as the T51 pads to start with), the driver won't change.

Yes, they have a slight midbass hump, toning that down a bit might be worth it.

Edit: MadLustEnvy also explicitly stated in his review that they leak only minimally:
http://headphone.guru/beyerdynamic-t51i/

Jan 9, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #37 of 116
Hey guys. Just grabbed a pair of t51i over the holidays, and just don't seem to be getting the comfort factor most folks do. Wondering if my pads might be nfg. They seemed pretty flat right out of the box, not puffy like I've read, and they mushroom out over the earcup edges a fair bit. Don't have access to a cam otherwise I'd post some pics, but would like some feedback from people who have them and fit nice before I decide if I should send 'em back to Amazon. Haven't gotten any feedback from Beyer yet either. Also, has anybody bought the edt 51p pads. A couple of sites have them listed as being velour, but the pictures look just like the stock ones. Tried bending the headband a tad, but don't want to go overboard in case they do get returned.
Otherwise I really do like the sound, I just wish they weren't quite so uncomfortable.
Cheers.

Feb 22, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #39 of 116
Hey everyone-
Just received a pair of over the weekend and love 'em. I have not worn them for any extending period of time yet, but they are definitely comfortable on the head and isolate surprisingly well. The only thing that I have noticed is that the bass seems a little boomy- is this a common criticism of these cans or could it be my source?

Feb 22, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #41 of 116
They look the same unless you look closely.  The 1350 has a single entry cord, and the headband can be spread wide for different fit and tightness of grip.  As I understand it, the 1350 squeezes a bit harder, too.  I've not heard the 51, but I love my 1350 for portable use.

Feb 24, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #42 of 116
Hi all,
New to this forum so go easy. Just having a read up about some people's opinions on these headphones.
I am running them with an ibasso dx50 and ripped flac files from cd, also a few few purchased himres albums from himres sites.
I love the sound this combination produces even some old ripped to flac CDs like ufo live strangers in the night sound so much cleaner, upto more recently daft punk.
I sold a pair of Bose qc3 noise cancelling phones to buy the t51p and glad I did...
Anyways gonna have a read thru a few more posts and it will probably end up costing me money.
Cheers all
Rich

Feb 25, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #43 of 116
I just purchased a pair of the T51p and noticed that the serial number tag on the inside of the headphone band says: 1350 instead of T51p.
Does anyone know why it's being identified as a 1350.
As someone mentioned earlier it has two cables and not one cable like a 1350. So I'm assuming it's a T51p but the label must be incorrect. Why?

Feb 25, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #44 of 116
I just purchased a pair of the T51p and noticed that the serial number tag on the inside of the headphone band says: 1350 instead of T51p.
Does anyone know why it's being identified as a 1350.
As someone mentioned earlier it has two cables and not one cable like a 1350. So I'm assuming it's a T51p but the label must be incorrect. Why?

Please post a photo of the headband and the headphone... The headband is definitely different between dt1350 and T51p... Maybe it's just the wrong label.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back