The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives...
Jun 27, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #1,111 of 4,307
What is that "Nagra DT48S"? Any different spec, or? Do you have an image of it, to share?

What is different in the DT48E you sold him (oggranak) that your new model doesn't have?

Jun 28, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #1,112 of 4,307
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is that "Nagra DT48S"? Any different spec, or? Do you have an image of it, to share?

What is different in the DT48E you sold him (oggranak) that your new model doesn't have?

I'd use search for DT48 silver.. They are several pics in some of the threads started by me.. The DT48e I sold him was a vintage model.. 1991.. More refined in general.. I already made sonic comparisons 2-3 times in this thread..
smile.gif
I might get a 4 pin to 3 (2) pin XLR female adapter. I want to get a balanced amp/dac for my balanced DT48 on the 'cheap.' The Modded AM LITE amp/DAC is a option for under 400, or the Benchmark DAC1 used.. Looking to spend under 700..

Jun 28, 2009 at 11:09 AM Post #1,113 of 4,307
Jun 28, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #1,115 of 4,307
Jun 28, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #1,116 of 4,307
Quote:

Originally Posted by shamu144 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks a lot for the link Ishcabible. Curiously, those didn't show up in my searches on Ebay.

Well, now they are mine
biggrin.gif

I'll let you know how they compare with the new DT48E
wink.gif

Nice. I was interested, but the shipping & demands were a bit much.. Doesn't accept PP? Those silvers look nothing like mine.. Mine are totally silver.. Not sure the age of the different looking silvers..

Jun 28, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #1,118 of 4,307
Quote:

Thanks a lot for the link Ishcabible. Curiously, those didn't show up in my searches on Ebay.

Well, now they are mine
biggrin.gif

I'll let you know how they compare with the new DT48E
wink.gif

Lucky guy... You just got them on the last second... (even if for more than I was willing to pay)

Damn ishcabible... If you hadn't posted it here...
rolleyes.gif

Anyways shamu, I hope you tell us how they go. Just if you didn't notice they are mono version.

Are your DT48E @ 25 ohm or @ 200 ohm?

Jun 28, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #1,119 of 4,307
Bullseye, really sorry about that.
frown.gif

I'll be happy to resale those to you at a very good price once I have listened them. I highly doubt they will please me more than my current DT48E/25ohms. I just bought them to satisfy my curiosity. I did not even noticed those were mono version, though it should be pretty easy to have them recabled with a stereo plug.

I think those are original silver but with the newer DT48E pads and headband (looks much more confortable to me, I don't know if it will affect the sound however).

Jun 28, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #1,120 of 4,307
Thanks for the gesture shamu.

Now I shall wait for your impressions
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 29, 2009 at 11:28 AM Post #1,121 of 4,307
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pics of my recable!!

http://apuresound.com/dt48a.JPG

Wow, nice picts!
I love the looks of the HPs! What year are those DT48A?

Jun 30, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #1,122 of 4,307
Quote:

Bullseye, really sorry about that.
frown.gif

I'll be happy to resale those to you at a very good price once I have listened them. I highly doubt they will please me more than my current DT48E/25ohms. I just bought them to satisfy my curiosity. I did not even noticed those were mono version, though it should be pretty easy to have them recabled with a stereo plug.

I think those are original silver but with the newer DT48E pads and headband (looks much more confortable to me, I don't know if it will affect the sound however).

Hit me up if you're going to resell them. I was actually the second place bidder I think. I was about to put in a higher bid, but I ran out of time
frown.gif
. An extra two seconds and it might have been mine instead. I'm awaiting your impressions too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back