The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives...
Apr 7, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #3,556 of 4,308
Have to write this before i forget, the 120Ω adapter makes the DT48 sound wider and not so narrow. The Objective2 doesn't need the adapter to widen up the DT48.

I was switching between amps with my DT48A and forgot to use the 120Ω adapter and it sounded closed in, lol. Got back on track again with the adapter. And yes it works with the DT48E @25 Ω too, the E will sound similar to the DT48 @5Ω using that adapter with a more balanced sound, less forward but retaining the luscious mids, in this way the bass and highs have more presence. Or as EYedrop had mentioned, made them smoother(balanced, wider, with more transparency and instrument separation) and less shoutey (less forward mids).

Apr 7, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #3,557 of 4,308
The O2 just came today. I've only had it running and hour or so, but so far it's doing great things with the dt48..... great clarity and detail retrieval against a totally black background....and seems like I'm hearing better bass as well. Going to give it some more burn in and listening before I comment further. So far I'm liking the O2 a LOT. It even pairs very well with the high impedance 240DF, 600ohms.

Apr 7, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #3,558 of 4,308
Just have to show off my new O2. JDS labs did a nice job, imo. It's next to a 10 in screen netbook, so as you can see, it's quite small....with the dt48 in the background.

Apr 8, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #3,560 of 4,308

Quote:
@ Lejaz, what is the sequence that you connect them and what equipment?

That's just a little gamma1 usb dac connected to the netbook.....line out of the dac into the O2. The gamma lite is an awesome little dac for the money. With this set up, I'm really aware how crappy some of my music files are. Most of my music on the netbook is 256kbs or 320, but some of it is 128kbs, unfortunately. I don't have a CD drive on the netbook, but I'll try some CD's when I have my full sized laptop out. Most stuff I downloaded from Amazon is 256kbs mp3s. Some stuff I ripped from CD's to 320kbs. Listened some more this AM and the clarity and resolution is astounding on some of my better music files.

Apr 9, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #3,562 of 4,308
So did the O2 amp open up the sound for you with a wider soundstage? lower bass is heard easier? also the highs?

Soundstage, yes! As far as the lowest lows and the highest highs, I honestly wasn't listening for that. My main focus is vocals and acoustic instruments, and other than stand up bass, it's mostly midrange focused. I DID notice more bass impact out of the O2 compared to the mkV....likely it was the mid bass I was noticing....also some very good highs, which I didn't notice with the mkV. The main thing I noticed was the soundstage and the resolution and clarity. I switched from the k702 to the dt48 and it was almost like a veil was lifted off the midrange....haha. Funny, because a lot of people say that the Senn 6XX are veiled compared to the 70X. Going to do more listening tonight time permitting.

Apr 9, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #3,563 of 4,308

Quote:
Soundstage, yes! As far as the lowest lows and the highest highs, I honestly wasn't listening for that. My main focus is vocals and acoustic instruments, and other than stand up bass, it's mostly midrange focused. I DID notice more bass impact out of the O2 compared to the mkV....likely it was the mid bass I was noticing....also some very good highs, which I didn't notice with the mkV. The main thing I noticed was the soundstage and the resolution and clarity. I switched from the k702 to the dt48 and it was almost like a veil was lifted off the midrange....haha. Funny, because a lot of people say that the Senn 6XX are veiled compared to the 70X. Going to do more listening tonight time permitting.

Try Galaxia by Fourplay with your new combo, i'm very sure you'd find it. Youtube might do if you don't have the music file.

Apr 10, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #3,564 of 4,308
I'm only able to find a youtube upload....either the live concert video or what sounds like a pretty poor rip. Some great playing there, though it probably sounds a lot better on CD. I'm very happy with the dt48/O2 combination with acoustic music and vocals like here.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NDuj-MyVyA
Quote:
Try Galaxia by Fourplay with your new combo, i'm very sure you'd find it. Youtube might do if you don't have the music file.

Apr 10, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #3,565 of 4,308

Quote:
I'm only able to find a youtube upload....either the live concert video or what sounds like a pretty poor rip. Some great playing there, though it probably sounds a lot better on CD. I'm very happy with the dt48/O2 combination with acoustic music and vocals like here.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NDuj-MyVyA

Try this song, its a song that i found very good with the combo, language is Malay/Indonesian, just listen but not with the online player. http://www.4shared.com/mp3/3CNp9KLn/ST_12_-_12_-_Isabella__Slow_Ve.htm

Apr 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #3,568 of 4,308

Quote:
I hope there are demo sets here in Singapore, I went to Jaben and the sets they have are all not terminated. I know this might be a long shot, but can anyone compare the DT-48 to the DT1350?

The DT48 has better clarity, similar mids but DT1350 seems bassy, there seems to be one on sale right now on the other site. Which set did they have at Jaben the A? how much are they going for?

edit, similar don't mean same, lol

Apr 25, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #3,569 of 4,308
I had both and passed both the DT48E and DT1350 on. In short: the DT1350 sounds mellow compared to the 'E' be it with 'good quality' bass. Dale kind of feels the same. Ask him if you prefer his explanation...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back