The BEST Portable Gear COMBO
Feb 13, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #46 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thats an interseting question. that depends I actually would thionk you would. I can use rockbox EQ with ipod lineout. as I think the processing is done pre dac stage when its being decoded.

actually if it works with the ipod line out it only means the processing is done before the amp stage, not necessarily before the dac stage, and the opitical out is the pre dac stage

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #47 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd recommend a cf card adaptation or even a cf to sdhc adaptation IF you are in no desperate need for more storage right now as ssd prices are dropping all the time.

Im waiting till 64 gig cards drop to roughly the price 32 is at the moment and ill be making the switch.

Although, with literally ten minutes of your time and the right screwdrivers you could change the hdd yourself. Wap the back off, move the battery and take out the hdd and replace...As you have rockbox already installed its job done.

Whats the issue with yours not turning on again? Have you used the wrong charger?

where can you find the 64G CF card? I thought the largest you can get in the current market is 32G. and beware of some brands it might not be recognized by the player.I think CF mod is the best way to go but unless you can find a cheap 64G CF
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #48 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by imademymark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actually if it works with the ipod line out it only means the processing is done before the amp stage, not necessarily before the dac stage, and the opitical out is the pre dac stage

Does this apply to the iriver too?

Feb 13, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #49 of 64
Pretec makes a 64GB CF card but it is very expensive ($399). It has already been tried to work on iHP-120 or 140. Another way is using SSDs (60GB, 120GB, 240GB). They are also expensive at this time. And I'm not sure if anyone has successfully converted their HP120/140 to SSD yet.

Feb 13, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #51 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the model of HD that works, not just the brand but the model numbers?

Is there a special adapter one must buy to plug it into the H140?

Here's a link to Toshiba's 1.8" HDs, 1.8-Inch Hard Disk Drives - Toshiba

No adapters needed. Dual platters should fit your HP140 with no problem unless you have a thicker battery than the original battery.

Feb 13, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #53 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's a link to Toshiba's 1.8" HDs, 1.8-Inch Hard Disk Drives - Toshiba

No adapters needed. Dual platters should fit your HP140 with no problem unless you have a thicker battery than the original battery.

O, they have 240G for PATA, Does the power on the H140 support that one? I heard H120 is limited to 60G and the H140 limited to 120G.. is that true? what is the difference?

Feb 14, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #57 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonicpath /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got a interesting idea, As using IMOD+VCAP+P51 3 bricks, what about IHP140+D10(preAMP)+P51(or anyother AMPs), this set up maybe better than the IMOD setup
smily_headphones1.gif

That will work too. The D10 can be a stand-alone DAC too. I actually want to use it that way too so I can listen to my other portable hp amps.

Feb 15, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #59 of 64
i'll be using gamma1 with lisa III

Feb 15, 2009 at 1:20 AM Post #60 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by imademymark /img/forum/go_quote.gif

actually that is doubtful; since I have a DIYMOD and the signal is taken directly off the dac pins, so unless there is EQ done in the dac itself. its done before the dac stage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back