The BEST looking and sounding headphones
Jun 10, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #61 of 73
thanks obobskivich for the info, i can actually use the graphs now....
and I was comparin the LPs to my Phiation Ms400's...
the MS400's sounded better to me, so I just condemned the LP's on the spot...
might have been a little quick of me to judge....

HD 25's seemed good to me, but narrow soundstage, and i missed the SQ of the HDJ-2000...
what are the FA-011's?

Jun 10, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #66 of 73
Years ago before I knew anything about headphones I was actually either going to get Beats Studios or Bose on Ears...
the Beats broke on my first day with them and I went and got the Bose...
Better of the 2 evils now that I think back to it...

Jun 10, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #67 of 73
I just purchased a set of Bowers & Wilkins P5. The build quality is second to none. 

The style is definitely unique (hit or miss) but much better than the Bose QC15's that I also own.

Overall for the price ($200 on CL), I got great sounding headphones with style that I love.

Jun 11, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #70 of 73
Quote:
hmm...
in comparing the P5's, I would actually say the HD 25's are better...
just a personal thing tho...

I've owned them both, and would have to agree if you have a small head and like sharp, forward treble. But personally I returned my HD25 and kept my P5. The HD25 sounded great, but the clamping and the treble turned me off. The P5 has a much less fatiguing sound signature, is more comfortable, and more portable as it folds flat and comes with a travel pouch. And it doesn't look near as geeky.

Jun 14, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #71 of 73
I actually listened to some old school nappy roots on both my DT880s and DT990s. They are well mixed tracks with really punchy bass. I dont know if you like the beyerdynamic look but they could work for you,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back