THE BEST HEADPHONES for sound quality for $700 or less
Apr 24, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #31 of 42
Quote:
i was wondering are there any cheaper amp and dacs that can still drive the he 500, cause i only have around $1200 or less for the headphones the amp and the dac

Yeah, Magni/Modi stack, it's only $200 but plenty of people are satisfied with it comboed with HE500. I'm definitely getting the stack soon.

Apr 25, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #35 of 42
Quote:
Yeah, Magni/Modi stack, it's only $200 but plenty of people are satisfied with it comboed with HE500. I'm definitely getting the stack soon.

Interesting, I am really beginning to dislike my e17. I find it to be okay, and no more than that

Apr 25, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #36 of 42
Quote:
Interesting, I am really beginning to dislike my e17. I find it to be okay, and no more than that

It definitely only scratches the surface of the dynamics/staging/transparency that cans like HE500s are capable of.

Apr 25, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #37 of 42
Quote:
It definitely only scratches the surface of the dynamics/staging/transparency that cans like HE500s are capable of.

Agreed, it does definitely scratch the surface, and I think you get a good feeling of what the HE-500 is capable of, but not much more than that. I'll be looking forward to hear what you think aboout the M&M. 

Apr 25, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #39 of 42
Quote:
whats the difference between the he 400 and he 500 and why is it such a big price difference ??
and with these headphones i want to just in enjoy the music not pick it a part .

They are 2 different headphones, they sound different. The HE-400 has a more fun signature. A bit more bass kick and a prominent treble. It is a bit V shaped, and the treble can be metallic and slightly sibilant.

The HE-500 is more refined and relaxed. It sound more realistic and natural, with a fairly warm tone

Jan 5, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #41 of 42
I would just go for the Sony MA900 and a cheap amp. They are a quarter of the price of some Hifi phones and sound darn close. You don't need to go spending max budget on phones  when you can get just as good of a sound in a smaller priced set up.

Mad Dog + Fiio 11 sounds better and as good as many phones doubt the price of the set up. it will cost you about 350 for the set up.

Sony MA900 + Fiio E11 will cost you about 200-250  and it sounds incredible, it has the biggest and best soundstage I have heard in ANY headphone, it's liquid smooth in the mids and it has a nice bass response and a smooth treble! very nice listen.

Denon D600 +Fiio E11 This is for a more fun set up but can still sound great for classical and vocal tracks. The Bass is amazing so it's forte is lively tracks but these are quite versatile. A tad bright than the other two but just as detailed and much more musical. set will cost about £300.

If you really must go to a higher price you can try the HE-500 plus a higher end up that will max your budget but I find the others actually more enjoyable and you get that great feeling of getting amazing sound without going overboard on budget. The HE-500 are excellent, these are world class BUT they are not worlds apart from the others I mentioned. They are better yes but Not double the price better, in-fact in terms of technicality the Mad Dog competes really well.

Jan 5, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #42 of 42
Dunno bro...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back