THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers)
Jul 6, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #2,116 of 5,010
Sarah Brightman, no contest. She plans on being the first artist to record music in outer space, via the Virgin Galactica commercial space flight!

She's WAY too late for that. She's the second or third 'artist' I've heard say that, and all of them are delusional. 

Don't rob Chris of his glory:

Jul 6, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #2,117 of 5,010

She's WAY too late for that. She's the second or third 'artist' I've heard say that, and all of them are delusional. 

Don't rob Chris of his glory:

Interesting. Looks like he beat her to it with this cover, but I should have made a distinction - "she plans on becoming the first recording artist [ie commercially known professional musician] to venture into space en route to the International Space Station sometime in the next two years."

Jul 13, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #2,124 of 5,010
Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster.  I found this thread the other day and went through all 142 pages of it before posting.  I found some great new additions and overall was happy.  I expected to find some more, but anything is better than nothing.  And so I thought i'd share some of what I listen to, to contribute to this thread.

None of these have been mentioned or have been mentioned but no video for ease of convenience, or have only been mentioned once randomly somewhere....

First up Jesse Thomas - She has two albums so if you like this, there's more

I'm amazed no one mentioned Cristin Milioti(no album, but she did some covers that are easy to find on youtube).  I love her rendition of La vie en rose that she did for How I met your Mother
Terrible recording, but hopefully enough for you to get an idea

New to me but very intrigued

Maria Taylor

Nikki Taylor From Little Daylight

Lucy Wainwright Roche

Maria Sais de Sicilia(originally from Lydia) of Her & Gold

Madeleine Slate - not a huge fan of lyrics, but her voice is amazing

Kira Leyden from The Strange Familiar

Sera Cahoone - Little bit Folk but really good

Amy Stroup

Lucy Schwartz

I'll post some more later.

Jul 26, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #2,130 of 5,010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58-as-joCfU

Don't know how to embed it but check out this 14 year old on Australian X Factor.  She makes the original sound second rate. Truly a fabulous voice. The tone, the phrasing, everything..... sstunning

Make the effort to watch it, it is worth it i promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back