The BEST earbuds
Mar 8, 2007 at 7:28 AM Post #16 of 61
I had the ATH-CM7 (non-Ti). They weren't very good to my ears. Very lacking in the low end and I had trouble keeping them in place.

I've had no trouble keeping the PK2 in my ears. As other PK1/PK2 owners have said, these are very light and comfortable. If it weren't for the wire hanging on my neck, I wouldn't even know that I had them on.

I might be gushing since I just got these, so there's a potential newness effect. But having read the opinions of very respected Head-Fi'ers who've used the Yuin earbuds, I think my sentiments are accurate. These are very impressive.

Oh, and FWIW, I find these more comfortable and enjoyable than the V-Moda Vibe, which is a big FOTM IEM right now (come and gone for me).

Mar 8, 2007 at 7:49 AM Post #17 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by karma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the ATH-CM7 (non-Ti). They weren't very good to my ears. Very lacking in the low end and I had trouble keeping them in place.

x2... a very un-involving signature (the non-Ti). Very detailed, but no bass impact/extension or treble extension. All MIDS... sterile, cold mids too at that. maybe I had a poor fit? I wonder if foam earpads would help them fit better in my ears and improve the bass?

Mar 8, 2007 at 8:08 AM Post #18 of 61
I think asking for the best earbuds is like asking for the best car. It depends on what you want. Bass? Fidelity? Soundstage? Build quality? Of course it's possible to get consensus with a limited set of criteria. How about a poll?

Mar 8, 2007 at 8:23 AM Post #19 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodandsoil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure if I feel comfortable with the idea of IEMs. Sticking something inside my ear canal isn't something I feel comfortable with.

I think you should give it a try I doubt you'll be disappointed
etysmile.gif

Mar 8, 2007 at 10:33 AM Post #21 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2... a very un-involving signature (the non-Ti). Very detailed, but no bass impact/extension or treble extension. All MIDS... sterile, cold mids too at that. maybe I had a poor fit? I wonder if foam earpads would help them fit better in my ears and improve the bass?

You indeed have a poor fit with the CM7's. And if you were wondering, yes, foamies improve the bass substantially. I've never heard the PK-series before, but without an amp i think the CM7Ti wins hands down.

They sound cold and sterile without foamies due to the lack of low end, but foamies smooth out the mids and increase the bass quantity, which is always welcome =)

Mar 8, 2007 at 12:43 PM Post #22 of 61
The YUIN PK1 are the very best ear phone I ever heard. They do need a amp but I would think a not very expensive amp would do because they are only
150+20 ohms. What ever 150+20 means. lol.

Oh I forgot to mention that the PK1 with a good amp sound as good as full size headphones. IMO.

Mar 8, 2007 at 1:03 PM Post #23 of 61
If you fit the B&O A8 properly, it can be just fabulous. Its a half earbud half clip-on though.

Mar 8, 2007 at 3:05 PM Post #24 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Poboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sennheiser mx -51 ... the best one i have used till now

The Yuin line completely destroys the Sennheiser earbuds. And I mean there's no competition at all.

Mar 8, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #25 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by blazer78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never heard the PK-series before, but without an amp i think the CM7Ti wins hands down.

How can you qualitatively state that the CM7Ti is better than the PK-series when you've never heard the latter?

Mar 8, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #27 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by blazer78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never heard the PK-series before, but without an amp i think the CM7Ti wins hands down.

You do know the PK2's are made to be driven unamped. That's why there's a PK1, it's a PK2 that needs an amp.

Mar 8, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #28 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You do know the PK2's are made to be driven unamped. That's why there's a PK1, it's a PK2 that needs an amp.

you know, before you hit that 'Submit Reply' button, make sure what you wrote is sound logical.

first you said, PK2 can be used unamped, then you go on to say PK2 needs amp!
wink.gif

Mar 8, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #29 of 61
Er, it makes sense. I said:

1. PK2 and made to be driven UNamped.
2. PK1's are are similar to PK2's, but need an amp.

Mar 8, 2007 at 5:14 PM Post #30 of 61

Users who are viewing this thread

Back