The BEST earbuds
Mar 8, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #4 of 61
I'm not sure if I feel comfortable with the idea of IEMs. Sticking something inside my ear canal isn't something I feel comfortable with.

Would I really need an amp for using earbuds with a clix2?

Mar 8, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #5 of 61
Yuin PK1 need an amp, clocking in at 100 ohms I think?

PK2 are the low impedance version and run fine unamped, with some people even saying that they sound worse amped.

Mar 8, 2007 at 5:46 AM Post #7 of 61
The PK1 clocks in at 150 ohms. Based on reports by PK1 owners, they need an amp in order to shine.

I'd recommend the PK2. They sound fantastic, especially when you consider that they're just earbuds, a form factor that we normally associate with crappy sound. I just got them today and am listening to them now. I am amazed at how incredible they sound. The bass has such impact that I can actually feel it in my ears, even at relatively low volumes.

Their only downside is the use of a J-cord. I'd much prefer the Y-cord of the PK1. I have to do much more extensive listening with the PK2, but I think I might see a PK1 for myself in the not too distant future.

Mar 8, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #8 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodandsoil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where is the official website for the Yuin PK2? I can't seem to locate it.

The official U.S. distributor is Head-Fi sponsor Head-Direct.

Mar 8, 2007 at 6:19 AM Post #11 of 61
the pk2s are definetly hands down the best earbuds I have ever heard. Theyre almost perfect except for the fact that they have very little low end bass, but what can you expect with earbuds?

Mar 8, 2007 at 6:31 AM Post #12 of 61
What do you call the things that fasten the earbuds around the ear? Are they called clips? Do the PK2s have clips? I'm afraid that earbuds would just fall out of my ears without some way of attaching them behind my ears.

Mar 8, 2007 at 6:39 AM Post #13 of 61
"I'm afraid that earbuds would just fall out of my ears without some way of attaching them behind my ears."

Which is why many people like canal phones and IEMs ... that, and a degree of isolation. But posters whose opinions I trust like the PK2's ...

Mar 8, 2007 at 7:22 AM Post #15 of 61

Users who are viewing this thread

Back