The "best" Closed headphones with the best sound isolation and comfort under 200$?
Apr 25, 2014 at 12:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mizo

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

First post here!

I'm more a speaker guy, but I need to isolate myself from outside acoustic disturbances while enjoying great music/sound and comfort!

Background:

I recently bought some Beyerdynamic DT 770. I enjoy them: nice overall sound quality although high mids are bit too recessed for me.** Isolation is certainly good, but not great. Comfort is great. (I won't go into details about these since they're well known and plenty has been written here and elsewhere.)

As a comparison, in terms of isolation, I listened to the Beats Studio (a horrible gift I used only a few times... Can't stand the sound but I won't go into that either !) and they  have better isolation; in fact it's that isolating capability that convinced me that circumaural headphones could be the solution to my "isolation problems". I bought the Beyers a while after.

I prefer a neutral sound, although I don't mind a bit more bass and brightness if it doesn't distort the overall frequency spectrum too much.

Question(s):

In your opinion, what are the best isolating AND sounding  AND comfortable headphones under 200$ ?
With comparable sound and comparable comfort, are there better isolating headphones than the Beyers out there? (... if not, I might as well stay with them.)

Thanks a lot !

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #2 of 2
OK, as a start : anybody can compare the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II isolation, sound and comfort to the Beyerdynamic DT 770 ?

And what about the cheaper Sony MDR-7506 ? I've read somewhere that isolation isn't its strength... But what do you think ?

Should I just forget about something better than the DT 770 (in terms of isolation, sound and comfort) in that price range ?

The four criteria I'm looking for are : Sound (balanced), Isolation, comfort... under 200$

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back