The Beatles or The Stones? Cast your vote
Jun 24, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #16 of 120
Best single song is The Stones (Gimme Shelter), but in almost all other categories I'd rather hear the Beatles.

Jun 24, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #17 of 120
The Beatles.

The stones are lame...

Jun 25, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #18 of 120
Beatles are my all time favorite band,I saw them live at Shea stadium in 1965.

I finally saw the Stones live at the meadowlands 2years ago,I like the Stones.
But to me the Beatles ruled.

Jun 25, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #21 of 120
Love the Beatles (or more to the point, John Lennon), but they've never hit me the way the Stones did. It's undoubtedly a blues thing. To me, the Stones are the blueprint for so much that's just plain great about rock.

Jun 25, 2008 at 4:50 AM Post #22 of 120
If the Stones are the blueprint for what's so great in rock, the Beatles are the blueprint for what's so great in modern music period. They transcend genres, eras, and everything to be the band that everyone is compared to and no one is equal to.

Jun 25, 2008 at 7:32 AM Post #26 of 120
Beatles: boring
Rolling Stones: exciting

Jun 25, 2008 at 8:10 AM Post #27 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmantom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This was a tough choice for me. I could find many reasons for either group. To me they both represent way different music. I found the Stones to be much more rooted in rock, where the Beatles were somewhat more a phenomenon of the time. Although very enjoyable, simple themes and songs. This I'm sure added to the popularity, since it spoke to the masses.

By the way, I chose the Beatles

Nice analysis, but in the end, it's hard to choose any group over The Beatles.

I sort of grew up on the Stones and Springsteen and didn't really appreciate Elvis, The Beatles, Dylan, The Doors, Hendrix, etc., as much as I do now. Of course I listened to all of that and then some, but the Stones and Springsteen seemed to speak most directly to me at the time (mid to late 70s).

Jun 25, 2008 at 9:58 AM Post #29 of 120
Beatles. For me the rolling stones are the most overrated rock band in history. They are boring, not the beatles
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 27, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #30 of 120
Don't you mean the "Rolling Fossils" I find they took r&b too a level no one else did. But I must say the Beatles did evlove like no band has then or since. They were not pigeon holed and we can here the progression. Sadly we are not likley to here that in our lifetimes because of the "big money" to be made in the music buisness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back