The Beatles or The Stones? Cast your vote
Jun 24, 2008 at 2:27 AM Post #2 of 120
I have 72 favorites from my Stones collection on my iPod & 70 from The Beatles...so Stones win.
biggrin.gif

Jun 24, 2008 at 2:32 AM Post #3 of 120
Beatles sucks....
tongue.gif

Jun 24, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #6 of 120
This was a tough choice for me. I could find many reasons for either group. To me they both represent way different music. I found the Stones to be much more rooted in rock, where the Beatles were somewhat more a phenomenon of the time. Although very enjoyable, simple themes and songs. This I'm sure added to the popularity, since it spoke to the masses.

By the way, I chose the Beatles

Jun 24, 2008 at 4:40 AM Post #8 of 120
I agree with Carmantom's analysis -- nailed it. But in the end I vote Stones.

Listening to the live version of "Sympathy for the Devil" with great cans and the amp turned up ... that is how I escape.

"Just as every cop is a criminal, and all the sinners saints" ... it was having Mick Jagger next to me -- or so it seemed -- that hooked me on high end cans in the first place. Well, Mick and Springsteen, to be honest.

The Beatles are great to listen to, but the Stones are great to lose yourself to.

(As is classical music, which is really my first choice).

Jun 24, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #11 of 120
Stones all the way.

Jun 24, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #12 of 120
Beatles are still relevant, the Stones are not.

Jun 24, 2008 at 4:23 PM Post #14 of 120
Had to go with the Beatles because they had such a huge impact on my life. I'm not sure I would have been such a big music fan at such a young age if there had only been the Stones. It's not like the Stones were bad, it's just the music of the Beatles hit me (and my brothers) with such an impact in the 60's that I haven't stopped listening and collecting music since...

Jun 24, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #15 of 120
for sheer songwriting ability - Beatles
for better songs and overall catalog - Beatles
for all-time relevance and influencs - Beatles
for longevity and touring till theyre old - Stones

By my card, Beatles win 3-1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back