The Basshead Club
Nov 3, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #8,011 of 11,286

LCDs definitely provide depth and texture. The impact of the LCDs is debatable depending on how impact is defined. I personally perceive a sense of impact from the LCDs. However it is not in the same sense that I perceive impact from the 2Ks. The 2Ks provide more of a sense of physical impact like a subwoofer against your face, whereas the LCDs impact is less physical, but more sonic impact. It is kind of like the perception of impact from the 2Ks comes from the cans, whereas the perception of impact of the LCDs comes from the recording (i.e. how the instruments were played or the sounds generated). 

I'd say both provide a good sense of impact, but of a different nature.

I think I know what you mean. I have the D5000's and just got an LCD 2 (have yet to really use them fully amped just yet since I just moved) but I know what you're saying with the physical impact of the denons and how they literally will vibrate on your ears like mini subwoofers lol. My old headphones were beyerdynamic dt990's 32 ohm version which had more of the sonic type bass, although I still found them to be a bit bass shy like neither a true sonic impact or physical impact just bass tone really. While sonic impact is like feeling the bass inside your head or ears rather than ON your ears with the literal vibration of the ear cups themselves. Sometimes I dont like when my denons vibrate like that when I have them turned up and have some EDM playing because it starts getting a little annoying physically and makes me feel like I should be hearing that sonically not just physically, since they dont seem to have as much sonic impact as they do physical impact (if we are going with the definitions of sonic vs. physical I laid out). So yea, excited to break in the LCD's and I got a Burson Soloist SL for them too.

Nov 3, 2013 at 7:07 AM Post #8,012 of 11,286
  Thoughts on the D600 any one? 

Basshead club approved. I like them a lot. Bass is very deep and punchy. Very good comfort tho the headband is a bit thin. Good isolation.

I owned for about a month, then returned.  Their detail retrieval is very good, but I felt the bass lacked any satisfying punch.  They are not what I would consider basshead caliber.

Nov 3, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #8,013 of 11,286

I owned for about a month, then returned.  Their detail retrieval is very good, but I felt the bass lacked any satisfying punch.  They are not what I would consider basshead caliber.

really... that's... interesting 

Nov 3, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #8,015 of 11,286

I think you are being diplomatic and I may be in the minority, but I felt like the bass was almost artificial and even posted as much at the time.  I could hear the sub-bass, but there was no accompanying "ear massage" like I have with the M-100 and Sig DJ.

No actually, I've never heard them... but I hear SO much mixed information... some say the mid bass is recessed? Missing some times... so to hear you say they are not even Bass head worthy... well makes me curious...

The artifical bass how ever is not good 

Nov 3, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #8,016 of 11,286
  No actually, I've never heard them... but I hear SO much mixed information... some say the mid bass is recessed? Missing some times... so to hear you say they are not even Bass head worthy... well makes me curious...

The artifical bass how ever is not good 

I would say the lack of mid bass is accurate and is probably why they lack punch.  Best Buy has these out for demo in their Magnolia section.

Nov 3, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #8,017 of 11,286

I would say the lack of mid bass is accurate and is probably why they lack punch.  Best Buy has these out for demo in their Magnolia section.

good point, that you! 

Nov 3, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #8,018 of 11,286

I think I know what you mean. I have the D5000's and just got an LCD 2 (have yet to really use them fully amped just yet since I just moved) but I know what you're saying with the physical impact of the denons and how they literally will vibrate on your ears like mini subwoofers lol. My old headphones were beyerdynamic dt990's 32 ohm version which had more of the sonic type bass, although I still found them to be a bit bass shy like neither a true sonic impact or physical impact just bass tone really. While sonic impact is like feeling the bass inside your head or ears rather than ON your ears with the literal vibration of the ear cups themselves. Sometimes I dont like when my denons vibrate like that when I have them turned up and have some EDM playing because it starts getting a little annoying physically and makes me feel like I should be hearing that sonically not just physically, since they dont seem to have as much sonic impact as they do physical impact (if we are going with the definitions of sonic vs. physical I laid out). So yea, excited to break in the LCD's and I got a Burson Soloist SL for them too.

Congrats on the LCD and Burson combo
beerchug.gif

Enjoy, and let us know your impressions.

Nov 4, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #8,020 of 11,286
Nov 4, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #8,022 of 11,286
So guys I need some help ;3 I'm looking for a closed back verision of my HE 400

Looking for any bass head cans realitivly linear or with sub bass humps

Thinking about Modded D2 and D5ks or maybe a Mad Dog... any one have any suggestions? I'm working with about $450 or so dollars going to b using this at home and on the go. So I'd like to avoid anything needed eq. I'm open to modded cans but would like to avoid having to mod something my self

How... CLean are Modded WOoden back Dt 770s? I want a focus on SUb and Mid bass, I can accecpt slighty recessed Mids or treble. But nothing with BIG DIPS like the HE 400 had [at least not for closed listening] 

Nov 4, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #8,024 of 11,286
  So guys I need some help ;3 I'm looking for a closed back verision of my HE 400

Looking for any bass head cans realitivly linear or with sub bass humps

Thinking about Modded D2 and D5ks or maybe a Mad Dog... any one have any suggestions? I'm working with about $450 or so dollars going to b using this at home and on the go. So I'd like to avoid anything needed eq. I'm open to modded cans but would like to avoid having to mod something my self

How... CLean are Modded WOoden back Dt 770s? I want a focus on SUb and Mid bass, I can accecpt slighty recessed Mids or treble. But nothing with BIG DIPS like the HE 400 had [at least not for closed listening] 

I haven't heard them yet, but what about the B&W P7?

Nov 4, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #8,025 of 11,286
  D2000 has more subbass emphasis than midbass, so it sounds more rumbly than punchy. D600 has a bit more midbass. With a good amp the bass sounds quite powerful, but it's not fast bass with sharp impact.

I'm trying to score a Modded Wooden Back D2K but the seller doesn't want an HE 400 and I'm having a tough time finding a buyer for it. Might BLITZ KREIG it onto the Bay for a quick sale. Espically seeing as I have a buyer for my ePads 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back