The Basshead Club
Nov 4, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #8,027 of 11,286
Boys, it's been some times since the last I came here. 

I didn't yet tune my T50RP, but instead I got my hands on a brand new ZO².3 today for peanuts. Well...

HOLY crap What kind of monsters are those headphones? O_O And What kind of a monster is that amp! I feel like I wasn't even using half of the potential my T50 are hiding. Everything got WAY better. Everything.

I just got my ears raped for hours, now I can officially say it : I'm truly a basshead kind! 

Plugging my XB600 in it will just turn them into Boomblasters. But I can't tell how the Fostex can be so bassy and crystal clear at the same time. I wonder if purchasing a V-Moda M100 would be worth it or just "too much" now.

Now I can't wait to get time to test it with my Boombox. I can't say anything but "**** YEAH!" :D 

Nov 4, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #8,029 of 11,286
iPod Classic -> Fiio L11 -> Fiio E17 -> V-MODA LP2.
Ear rape

Nov 5, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #8,030 of 11,286
  I just got my ears raped for hours

Nice!

Quote:
  HOLY crap What kind of monsters are those headphones? O_O And What kind of a monster is that amp! 

I was always concerned that the T50rp had drivers that were too small to be capable of delivering good amounts of bass.. Could you please elaborate?

(Or compare to something else..?)

Nov 5, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #8,031 of 11,286
^try pairing the zo with an amp "you ain't heard nothing yet"

Ok then my audio journey still have to go further :wink: thanks for the advice!

iPod Classic -> Fiio L11 -> Fiio E17 -> V-MODA LP2.
Ear rape

So the V-Moda ARE worth it, please I love ears raping by good sound!

I was always concerned that the T50rp had drivers that were too small to be capable of delivering good amounts of bass.. Could you please elaborate?

(Or compare to something else..?)

Of course, I will try to do so. :) Technically If I remember well the drivers are 50mm, not 40mm.

About quantity, the T50 are able to give as much bass as XB600 but without the "muddying" when there are too much bass taking over the rest of the frequencies in the XB.
There you don't only hear the bass and "Thump", you feel it along some sound pressure... You might lower the sound volume or else your ears could get tired fast. What you throw at them, the cans just send it back to your ears. It is also very sensitive to EQ, with or without amp. In comparison the XB are not as much sensitive.

Comparing it to a more known pair of headphones here, unamped, I felt that the T50 are clearer than SenheiserHD25 line of products, with the same amount of bass quantity. I might add that I did never really find my T50 to be bassy before I amped them, so the HD25 are not really enough Basshead cans IMO. I will try them again with the ZO, to see what can be done!

With "normal music", you can also add to the T50 a soundstage similar to a recording studio. The HD25 just sounds like a "direct input" to my ears in comparison. No soundstage at all.

Now to elaborate about the bass profile, the T50 goes really low, unamped I was able to hear clearly the dooown. And there was something lacking, the punch was here too but lightly. There were only some case when I was surprised : just put some well recorded bassy songs and it already makes a big difference.

Amped... It is another pair of headphones! Big bass coming out from nowhere, big punch, fast drivers also (I mean it is really a "dynamic" kind of sound). And everything remains crystal clear but LOUDER.

But if you are really interested in trying them, be warned : the stock cable's jack is flawed. Another cable is absolutely needed or else be prepared to listen to your music without moving an inch. :wink:

Nov 7, 2013 at 6:34 AM Post #8,032 of 11,286
Someone I talk to thinks their Beats Wireless has more bass than my setup.
My setup is iPod Classic - FiiO L11 LOD -> Belkin Cable - > FiiO E17 on +6 Treble and +4 Bass -> V-MODA LP2 / M100.

Um, okay. I must admit Beats Wireless do have bass, but it's too much as you can't hear anything BUT bass, which distorts everything.
One wrong step with Beats can break them, puny plastic.

My ears still hurt from this song - Megalodon - Boom on 12 Gain. May try using DAC, bass is intense.

Nov 7, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #8,033 of 11,286
My setup is iPod Classic - FiiO L11 LOD -> Belkin Cable - > FiiO E17 on +6 Treble and +4 Bass -> V-MODA LP2 / M100.

Um, okay. I must admit Beats Wireless do have bass, but it's too much as you can't hear anything BUT bass, which distorts everything.

My ears still hurt from this song - Megalodon - Boom on 12 Gain. May try using DAC, bass is intense.

They may have bass, but do they have anything else? 

Nov 7, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #8,036 of 11,286
  Woah. Now that is bass.

I keep using Q40 with Digizoid ZO2.1 at like lvl 12 or so. The headphones got like 8dB boost and the ZO probably adds another 7-8dB or so boost with those settings. For me it sounds just about right. :p

At least I've started to recover from a cronic basshead desease though when I some years ago used to abuse kX Audio driver's unique exceptionally great working EQ (actually I used 2 EQs) even with basshead headphones such as XB500... oh those were the times when the eardrumps literally got a workout when listening some bassheavy songs.

Nov 7, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #8,037 of 11,286

I keep using Q40 with Digizoid ZO2.1 at like lvl 12 or so. The headphones got like 8dB boost and the ZO probably adds another 7-8dB or so boost with those settings. For me it sounds just about right. :p

At least I've started to recover from a cronic basshead desease though when I some years ago used to abuse kX Audio driver's unique exceptionally great working EQ (actually I used 2 EQs) even with basshead headphones such as XB500... oh those were the times when the eardrumps literally got a workout when listening some bassheavy songs.

Wow the most bass I ever liked was about +26 on the XB 700 E11 combo. I'd say I prefer about +8 still now. I had my HE 400 at about +5 sub bass and +2 mid. Also my DT 990 sounded BAD with +6 mid bass! So I like to keep my Mid Bass around 5 and my sub around +8/9

I've got my eq settings in the HE 400 thread 

Nov 7, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #8,038 of 11,286

The Q40 can pump out as much quality bass as you can pump through it.  They are the first quantity and quality basshead can I heard and can still remember my jaw drop at first listen.

Nov 7, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #8,039 of 11,286

I don't think the Beats Wireless/Solo/Studio have more bass than the LP2. They certainly have more than the M-100, but off hand, I do think the LP/LP2 trumps them in sheer quantity.

Of course, when it comes to these sort of cans, you're just looking to get a nice ear/head massage more than anything else.

If you really like to get your ears shaken, you can also try JVC's new Xtreme Xplosives cans. Sweet! 
size]

Nov 7, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #8,040 of 11,286

I don't think the Beats Wireless/Solo/Studio have more bass than the LP2. They certainly have more than the M-100, but off hand, I do think the LP/LP2 trumps them in sheer quantity.

Of course, when it comes to these sort of cans, you're just looking to get a nice ear/head massage more than anything else.

If you really like to get your ears shaken, you can also try JVC's new Xtreme Xplosives cans. Sweet! 
size]

I was also impressed with LP2's sense of impact & punchiness to the bass, in fact it even hit one slight step harder than XB500 in midbass which really made for example drums pound like crazy for example but one slight step lesser in subass presence/rumble but both midbass and subbass was ofc huge. Too bad the rest didn't quite impress me, especially for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back