The Basshead Club
Oct 15, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #7,756 of 11,286

I never actually looked at the pads in that way, but now that you've mentioned it, the side view of the RHP-30's pads really do look like a thinner version of those on the older XB models. Coupled with the thick headband, I'm sure this headphone's going to be very comfortable.

Btw, I just noticed that the RHP-30 comes with 3 different cables. 
blink.gif

Yea, 3 cables. :p Well I also saw a review mentioned these are actually fairly mid-focused, the bass is emphasized but not crazy much. My worries would be the highs, if mids are forward it usually means highs are veiled in comparison. I prefer personally a good balance between mids & highs and noticeably boosted bass.

Oct 16, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #7,757 of 11,286
Hello, bassheads!

I'm very new to this forum and i've already posted a thread asking about bass headphone in Help forum
but there was no response :frowning2:
so i thought it might be a good idea to ask for suggestions in here, a more specific place.

I listen to EDM, Dance, Dubstep, Electro house, etc.
what I'm looking for in my headphone;
- uncompromised, crazy, BOOM BOOM bass
- portable
- over-ear
- noise-isolating/closed
- no AMP required/unamped
- works efficiently on iphone5
- less than $200

thank you guys in advance!

Oct 16, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #7,758 of 11,286
  Hello, bassheads!

I'm very new to this forum and i've already posted a thread asking about bass headphone in Help forum
so i thought it might be a good idea to ask for suggestions in here, a more specific place.

- portable
- over-ear
- noise-isolating/closed
- less than $200

Maybe one of the Sony XB series? 

Oct 16, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #7,760 of 11,286
  Hello, bassheads!

- portable
- over-ear
- noise-isolating/closed
- less than $200

Welcome to Head-Fi.

Definitely try the Sony XB series.  The XB700 is the best value in my opinion.  It's a good balance of bass quantity and quality.  The higher you go in the XB series the more "refined" the rest of the frequency range becomes plus the improvement in imaging and overall sound quality.

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #7,762 of 11,286

Welcome to Head-Fi.

Definitely try the Sony XB series.  The XB700 is the best value in my opinion.  It's a good balance of bass quantity and quality.  The higher you go in the XB series the more "refined" the rest of the frequency range becomes plus the improvement in imaging and overall sound quality.

The big issue is how hard the XB 700 is to find [I kinda wish I kept mine honestly q.q just as a collectors piece]

Still I don't like xb700 bass any more it's WAY to much... but seeing as how rare they are q.q I miss having them sitting in my room collecting dust *sniff* *sniff* 

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #7,765 of 11,286
  Hello, bassheads!

- portable
- over-ear
- noise-isolating/closed
- less than $200

If there is any way you could deal with an IEM that is more secure than any over-ear, I would highly recommend the Denon AH-C300 since it checks all your boxes except over-ear which I understand could be a dealbreaker, but I believe their sound would be EXACTLY what you are looking for.  I tend to listen at high volume and these go louder than I can handle directly through my Iphone.  Also, bass is the biggest I have heard from an IEM.

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #7,766 of 11,286

I have a small regret in having sold mine.  Such is life and onto the continued search for audio-nirvana.
wink.gif

Yea, It went to a good home though, a nice Truck Driver in New York State... I hope all that bass brings him peace on the road <3

I still have my xb500 for that exact purpose.

I know, still I needed the money sadly q.q so I can live with that small regret! 

Oct 16, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #7,767 of 11,286
  Hello, bassheads!

- portable
- over-ear
- noise-isolating/closed
- less than $200

I have a sony xb700 in my collection that I was holding on to.  I haven't had time lately to place them on the for sale forums.  PM me if interested and I'll create an ad with pics.

Oct 16, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #7,768 of 11,286

I have a sony xb700 in my collection that I was holding on to.  I haven't had time lately to place them on the for sale forums.  PM me if interested and I'll create an ad with pics.

And there you go guys! The perfect time to get an XB 700, from another user! 

Oct 16, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #7,770 of 11,286
Thank you everyone!!

To Craigster75,
i personally dont like IEMs because they are quite uncomfortable and easy to lose. :frowning2:
but thanks for the suggestion!

To chewy45,
i'm from Thailand, it's better for me to buy in here because the shipping cost and import duty will be very high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back