The Basshead Club
Sep 4, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #7,336 of 11,286
  Thanks.  The Amazon review definitely put these in the basshead category.  Hopefully the After Earth model will be blown out at a deep discount since the movie did so well at the box office
biggrin.gif

LOL!!
One of those guys that reviewed it had some comparisons against cans I've also had and seems there are a couple of similarities between his views and mine on the MDR-1Rs, Momentums and Yamaha Pro 500s. He said that the Pro 500 were better sounding to his ears but in style and fit, the Pro 40 won...

Personally I REALLY liked the Pro 500 but just hated the fit. If they sound similar, and seeing that sometimes you can find the Pro 500 for less than $300 from amazon warehouse, I say that IF I see the Pro 40s (or After Earth) at $230 or so, I might snatch them...

At the moment though... too many headphones @ home!

WOW... Didn't noticed the difference in price between the silver, black and gold!!!
(gold == cheaper at $300, not $350...)

More reviews:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2423733,00.asp
http://www.digitaltrends.com/headphone-reviews/munitio-pro40-review/

Seems they're "legit"...

Sep 4, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #7,337 of 11,286

LOL!!
One of those guys that reviewed it had some comparisons against cans I've also had and seems there are a couple of similarities between his views and mine on the MDR-1Rs, Momentums and Yamaha Pro 500s. He said that the Pro 500 were better sounding to his ears but in style and fit, the Pro 40 won...

Personally I REALLY liked the Pro 500 but just hated the fit. If they sound similar, and seeing that sometimes you can find the Pro 500 for less than $300 from amazon warehouse, I say that IF I see the Pro 40s (or After Earth) at $230 or so, I might snatch them...

At the moment though... too many headphones @ home!

WOW... Didn't noticed the difference in price between the silver, black and gold!!!
(gold == cheaper at $300, not $350...)

More reviews:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2423733,00.asp
http://www.digitaltrends.com/headphone-reviews/munitio-pro40-review/

Seems they're "legit"...

I've never heard of the brand though...

Sep 4, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #7,338 of 11,286
  I've never heard of the brand though...

As per the Digital Trends review, they mostly concentrated on doing tie-in products and IEMs, including their "Call of Duty" inspired 9mm IEM as thatBeatsGuy mentioned. This seems to be their first Full-Sized headphone and they went "all the way" with it. It is "supposedly" a basshead headphone. If one listener on amazon compared them to the Yamaha Pro 500s then I believe it since bass was plentiful on those!

But no one here (as far as we know) has bitten yet... :wink:

Sep 4, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #7,339 of 11,286
Does anyone here actually have experience with the Logitech UE6000? And possibly the beats studios. I am not sure if it really has better bass quality/quantity, and mid bass kick along with sub bass rumble. I was also looking at the Pioneer se mj751 and the sony mdr r1, the v moda 100 and the sennheiser momentum. These are all very nice looking headphones, but what is the best overall headphone, with bass as the primary target, and everything else after.

Sep 4, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #7,340 of 11,286
  Does anyone here actually have experience with the Logitech UE6000? And possibly the beats studios. I am not sure if it really has better bass quality/quantity, and mid bass kick along with sub bass rumble. I was also looking at the Pioneer se mj751 and the sony mdr r1, the v moda 100 and the sennheiser momentum. These are all very nice looking headphones, but what is the best overall headphone, with bass as the primary target, and everything else after.

Bass being the primary target, the V-Moda M100 deliver more impact and quantity compared to the Momentums and Sony MDR-1R to my ears. Not the most comfortable of the three, but definitely delivers more on the low end of the spectrum. They look good too so... Haven't tried the UE6000 nor the Pioneers.

Good luck.

Sep 4, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #7,341 of 11,286

Bass being the primary target, the V-Moda M100 deliver more impact and quantity compared to the Momentums and Sony MDR-1R to my ears. Not the most comfortable of the three, but definitely delivers more on the low end of the spectrum. They look good too so... Haven't tried the UE6000 nor the Pioneers.

Good luck.

Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't it be:
Best SQ: Momentums
Best Bass: M100
Best Comfort (and maybe looks?): MDR1

Sep 4, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #7,342 of 11,286
Ive only heard the mdr-1 at best buy in one of those trial booths, but when i listened they sounded horrible. Whats with all the vmoda avoiding? Everyone else thinks its the best choice....

Sep 4, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #7,343 of 11,286
mind if i cut in...? =)

i'm still trying to get through the ~500 pages...guess I'll put something up.

Catching some James Zabiela / Renaissance-Life on the old nano/E11/XM6/MDR-XB90EX on Comply S500 tips.

have Moderat then some Burial up next. that'll be fun.

yea, i'm a mess.

ruben

Sep 4, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #7,344 of 11,286

Bottom line, M-100 is the best of the bunch

Sep 5, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #7,345 of 11,286

I still prefer the sound of V-Moda over the Momentums... but of course, that's all personal! :wink:
A lot of people swear by Momentums quality... not me... I enjoyed the KEF M500s MORE than the Senns even.
But for a basshead? 
No question, V-Moda kicks Senns butt.!

Sep 5, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #7,346 of 11,286

I still prefer the sound of V-Moda over the Momentums... but of course, that's all personal! :wink:
A lot of people swear by Momentums quality... not me... I enjoyed the KEF M500s MORE than the Senns even.
But for a basshead? 
No question, V-Moda kicks Senns butt.!

Have to say that for bassheads the Amperior and M100 would definitely win. However in my personal opinion, the Momentums are one of te best portable cans I have heard. (The M100 n Amperiors r too Bassy for me, I'm a really mild basshead rather than an extreme one.)

Sep 5, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #7,347 of 11,286
Have to say that for bassheads the Amperior and M100 would definitely win. However in my personal opinion, the Momentums are one of te best portable cans I have heard. (The M100 n Amperiors r too Bassy for me, I'm a really mild basshead rather than an extreme one.)

That's probably the difference right there. :wink:
You should try KEF's new offering!
Just as portable, good looking, warm sound I'm pretty sure you'll like it!

Sep 5, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #7,348 of 11,286

That's probably the difference right there. :wink:
You should try KEF's new offering!
Just as portable, good looking, warm sound I'm pretty sure you'll like it!

I spent time with it, like a few minutes n wasn't impressed -- not best conditions for audition.
I already got a new set of earphones n I'm satisfied for now.

Sep 5, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #7,349 of 11,286
Was almost set on buying the q40, but I heard about the htf600 and how the quality is pretty good. And they're 32 on amazon right now (instead of 100+ for q40).. How's the bass on the htf's compared to q40?

Sep 5, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #7,350 of 11,286

Users who are viewing this thread

Back