The Basshead Club
Aug 11, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #7,126 of 11,286
Quote:
Does anyone know a good EQ app for an Apple ipod touch?

Thanks in advance guys!

I've tried over a dozen and like Equalizer and EQ10 the most. 

Aug 12, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #7,131 of 11,286
It's not for iDevices, but a LONG time ago I had something called the ______ Audio Sandbox... don't remember the company that put it out but it was fantastic on my old XP system, and I could never get it to work on my Win 7 rig... that little program [which I Bit-Torrented mind u] increased sound stage and bass mostly. It was really very cool, made my xb 700 sound better then the ever would have

although now I find that +4 bass in Stock FooBar eq is plenty of bass for me <3 

Aug 12, 2013 at 3:37 AM Post #7,132 of 11,286
Quote:
It's not for iDevices, but a LONG time ago I had something called the ______ Audio Sandbox... don't remember the company that put it out but it was fantastic on my old XP system, and I could never get it to work on my Win 7 rig... that little program [which I Bit-Torrented mind u] increased sound stage and bass mostly. It was really very cool, made my xb 700 sound better then the ever would have

although now I find that +4 bass in Stock FooBar eq is plenty of bass for me <3 

Is it the SRS Audio Sandbox? 

Aug 12, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #7,133 of 11,286
Quote:
Is it the SRS Audio Sandbox? 

Yea that's it! I really did love that thing ^^

also omg I've been underdriving my dt 990s q.q

There is better dynamics and control with 18 gain as opposed to 10 gain on my Matrix M Stage [I noticed this as well with my dt 880]

Which actually while the bass sounds tighter and has more impact, this could also be the result of the higher gain not dampening the resonnate frquancy of the Dt 990 driver... apprently the Dt 880 and 990 share 100hrz resonace factor, which apprently results in coloration or mid bass bloom... although would mid bass bloom be precived as a tigher more visceral bass, or as a softer more gentle bass... I'd think more gentle as on the lower gain... the bass really did bloom, slowy shift in dynamics. Where as at 18 gain, the bass is more dynamic. Shifting from high to low notes much faster 

As I said b4, I noticed this with my Dt 880 [also +20 gain results in more of what sound like "bloom" to me] I don't know why I didn't remember to drive the 990 at teh same gain :/ 

btw my Volume pot is at about 11 o'clock with 10 gain, and about 7 o'clock with 18 gain.

And the bass really does sound... just nastier. Deeper and tighter at higher gain than lower 

it should also be noted that I eq +1 55hrz +2 77 and +4 110hrz, then -6 156 hrz [that frequancy sounds like a bath tub in EdM]

uhh wow, +10 gain on the w1000x raises the noise floor to about an INCH FROM MY FREAKING ear, so yea 0 gain ftw

Aug 12, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #7,134 of 11,286
Quote:
Yea that's it! I really did love that thing ^^

also omg I've been underdriving my dt 990s q.q

There is better dynamics and control with 18 gain as opposed to 10 gain on my Matrix M Stage [I noticed this as well with my dt 880]

Which actually while the bass sounds tighter and has more impact, this could also be the result of the higher gain not dampening the resonnate frquancy of the Dt 990 driver... apprently the Dt 880 and 990 share 100hrz resonace factor, which apprently results in coloration or mid bass bloom... although would mid bass bloom be precived as a tigher more visceral bass, or as a softer more gentle bass... I'd think more gentle as on the lower gain... the bass really did bloom, slowy shift in dynamics. Where as at 18 gain, the bass is more dynamic. Shifting from high to low notes much faster 

As I said b4, I noticed this with my Dt 880 [also +20 gain results in more of what sound like "bloom" to me] I don't know why I didn't remember to drive the 990 at teh same gain :/ 

btw my Volume pot is at about 11 o'clock with 10 gain, and about 7 o'clock with 18 gain.

And the bass really does sound... just nastier. Deeper and tighter at higher gain than lower 

it should also be noted that I eq +1 55hrz +2 77 and +4 110hrz, then -6 156 hrz [that frequancy sounds like a bath tub in EdM]

Cool. I don't mean to derail the train, but my Foobar can't change its volume. And I don't know why. I'm going to try to change some stuff first though.

EDIT: Did some stuff, changed some stuff, and nothing works. I could hardly hear the music on my headphones without cranking teh system volume to 100%.

Aug 12, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #7,135 of 11,286
Quote:
Cool. I don't mean to derail the train, but my Foobar can't change its volume. And I don't know why. I'm going to try to change some stuff first though.

EDIT: Did some stuff, changed some stuff, and nothing works. I could hardly hear the music on my headphones without cranking teh system volume to 100%.

well first of all your using Beats by Dre, them drivers r proably finally dying <3 time to upgrade [no jk]

Try reinstalling FooBar in addition have you recently added and DSP features to it? It could also be your prefrances as well. And lasty check your Sound options, are you using sPdif out to your recevier [that would be ur best bet actually as it would avoid most any issues]  

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #7,136 of 11,286
Quote:
well first of all your using Beats by Dre, them drivers r proably finally dying <3 time to upgrade [no jk]

Try reinstalling FooBar in addition have you recently added and DSP features to it? It could also be your prefrances as well. And lasty check your Sound options, are you using sPdif out to your recevier [that would be ur best bet actually as it would avoid most any issues]  

Lol, these things are less than a year old.

I reinstalled FooBar too, no changes. I have FooTunes installed, but as it is a theme, it made no changes. The only DSP effects I have are the stock Equalizer and Reverb, plus the Dolby Headphone add-on.

I don't have a receiver, and I use Line Out. No SPDIF, no receivers. And also, my dock speakers are unbelievably sensitive, with an already loud volume level at just 20% system volume, whereas both my earphones and headphones have to be cranked to 100% system volume to be just about enough.

I only recently uninstalled SRS Audio Sandbox prior to the reinstall. Does that make any difference?

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #7,137 of 11,286
Quote:
Lol, these things are less than a year old.

I reinstalled FooBar too, no changes. I have FooTunes installed, but as it is a theme, it made no changes. The only DSP effects I have are the stock Equalizer and Reverb, plus the Dolby Headphone add-on.

I don't have a receiver, and I use Line Out. No SPDIF, no receivers. And also, my dock speakers are unbelievably sensitive, with an already loud volume level at just 20% system volume, whereas both my earphones and headphones have to be cranked to 100% system volume to be just about enough.

I only recently uninstalled SRS Audio Sandbox prior to the reinstall. Does that make any difference?

Oh gawd, yea it might. When I uninstalled SRS Audio Sand box is jacked my system's audio up on my old pc [that's what I didn't buy it for my win7... thank gawd] do you have restore points set on your pc? If so restore back to a date when u had SRS audio installed in your registry. Or you can try a program called CCleaner, have it run a registry scan and allow it to fix any issues it finds. Chance are uninstalling SRS Audio messed with your registry entries tied to volume. 

And I had a system like yours when I first joined here, I atually liked the Beats Studio over the pros. But in all honesty when you get the money try some other cans xD Beats aren't bad but there r just so many other better options for bass heads <3 [But again the Beats Studios where pretty good, if they where $100 they'd be worth having xD] 

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #7,138 of 11,286
Quote:
Oh gawd, yea it might. When I uninstalled SRS Audio Sand box is jacked my system's audio up on my old pc [that's what I didn't buy it for my win7... thank gawd] do you have restore points set on your pc? If so restore back to a date when u had SRS audio installed in your registry. Or you can try a program called CCleaner, have it run a registry scan and allow it to fix any issues it finds. Chance are uninstalling SRS Audio messed with your registry entries tied to volume. 

Huh, registry entries? I think I have restore points set too...I'll give that a try.

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #7,139 of 11,286
Quote:

Well, I did a system restore, disabled SRS Audio without uninstalling it, and ran foobar. nothing happened...

Oh yes, I almost forgot. I also installed FoobarControl. It changes a couple of lines of code somewhere, but does it make a difference? Somehow, the system volume is louder than I expected at full crank now. I think I may have just found my workaround.

And I had a system like yours when I first joined here, I atually liked the Beats Studio over the pros. But in all honesty when you get the money try some other cans xD Beats aren't bad but there r just so many other better options for bass heads <3 [But again the Beats Studios where pretty good, if they where $100 they'd be worth having xD

If they were $100, huh? Somehow, I happened to get mine for $100. Are they worth having then? XD

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #7,140 of 11,286
Well, I did a system restore, disabled SRS Audio without uninstalling it, and ran foobar. nothing happened...

Oh yes, I almost forgot. I also installed FoobarControl. It changes a couple of lines of code somewhere, but does it make a difference? Somehow, the system volume is louder than I expected at full crank now. I think I may have just found my workaround.

If they were $100, huh? Somehow, I happened to get mine for $100. Are they worth having then? XD

I think not as its probably fake, since it can be used as you said its less than a year pld

Users who are viewing this thread

Back