The Basshead Club
Mar 17, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #5,491 of 11,286
Quote:
+1  It's a big plus that the Sig DJ has features that make it portable-friendly such as low impedance and an included single-button smartphone cable.  I use portably with Iphone 4 + V-Moda Vamp.

Does the cable control the "Smartphone" features if you have your iPhone plugged into an Amp? I'm assuming not, but that would rock if it did... 

Mar 17, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #5,492 of 11,286
Quote:
Wow the bass curve even looks like perfectly how I'd draw the bass curve in my "personal ideal" bass curve if I could draw how I wanted it to be, right amount boost and right amount shape centered around 80Hz and a pretty round "hill-shape". :) Too bad the highs are too boosted in relation to the mids, if the highs were more on a similar level to the mids, then it would be pretty ideal in the whole range to me.

Like so:

^ That with the yellow line in the highs would pretty much be my ideal FR curve. ^^

what's with that lil drop before the 300/after the bass boost? can you hear that? hahah

Mar 17, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #5,493 of 11,286
Quote:
Do people actually Dance to Dubstep?  That must be an odd sight. I'm picturing Zombies... 
tongue.gif

Sure take a look at this. Proper.

Mar 17, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #5,494 of 11,286
For those unaware, the dancer's name is Non-Stop, one of the best in the world right now at this style. He is part of the dance crew called DragonHouse. Other members are Chibi, Glitch, iGlide, Andre Rucker, along a few more. They are all incredible dancers.

Mar 17, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #5,495 of 11,286
Quote:
what's with that lil drop before the 300/after the bass boost? can you hear that? hahah

I think it's even intentional (I've seen quite a few respectable basshead cans, M100 and Q40 also have it for example), from my experience it helps to avoid midrange bass bleed / separate bass from mids, as long as the width of the drop is very narrow and isn't too big it won't hurt, more like opposite. As usual everything's relative, too big drop isn't good either but this looks pretty reasonable.

Mar 17, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #5,498 of 11,286
Quote:
Does the cable control the "Smartphone" features if you have your iPhone plugged into an Amp? I'm assuming not, but that would rock if it did... 

Unfortunately that is a limitation of the amp connection, even using line out.  When I have an incoming call plugged into Vamp, I can hear the phone ring and need to unplug from Vamp and plug directly into my Iphone, so it is a minor inconvenience.

Mar 17, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #5,499 of 11,286
Quote:
Wow the bass curve even looks like perfectly how I'd draw the bass curve in my "personal ideal" bass curve if I could draw how I wanted it to be, right amount boost and right amount shape centered around 80Hz and a pretty round "hill-shape". :) Too bad the highs are too boosted in relation to the mids, if the highs were more on a similar level to the mids, then it would be pretty ideal in the whole range to me.

Like so:

^ That with the yellow line in the highs would pretty much be my ideal FR curve. ^^

I find the highs of the Sig DJ surprisingly smooth and I consider myself sensitive to overly bright highs.

Mar 17, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #5,502 of 11,286

Users who are viewing this thread

Back