The Basshead Club
Feb 8, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #4,742 of 11,286
Hey do you guys think it's the type of music I'm listening to? Digizoid replied to me and says the zo2 doesn't amplify fake bass only bass from like instruments
It's a defect!!!

Feb 8, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #4,744 of 11,286
The Z02 amplifies the lower frequencies IN GENERAL while applying gain. It doesn't matter if the bass is fake, an instrument, or someone farting. As long as the sound is in the lower frequencies that the Z02 amplifies, then it will be amplified by whatever contour you set it on. That person clearly doesn't know what he/she is talking about. 

Feb 8, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #4,745 of 11,286
hello, im new to this forum and can you help me ? :D

i was a UE 5EB user, i like the sound pretty much but recently the left earpiece is spoiled (cracked and the green cable is detached from the connector). When i was informed by my friend that i can reshell i was relieved, but the person (UE reps from my country) said the reshell will cost me 2.1 mil rupiah + 1.2 mil rupiah for repairs, which can be avoided if i chose to add 1 pair of driver costing 1.1 mil rupiah. (1 mil rupiah = 100USD)

with reshelling, at least i will have to spend 320USD but i really need help here. With max 400USD budget, should i go with reshelling or should i (after reading the front page) get the senn ie80 / JVC FX700 / XBA-4 ? I like bass which don't destroy the whole music, but it have to be fun also

i have listened to my friends ultrasone proline 750, and if it is possible i am looking for an IEM that sounds similar to it but with more bass, so i can feel the beat :)

forgive me for my bad english :)

Feb 8, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #4,747 of 11,286

I shall say no more...

bahaja, you can check out the JVC FXZ200 IEMs. They're one of the best basshead IEMs under $300, and you can get them from Amazon for around $265. 

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #4,748 of 11,286
Well I Finally broke down and dug out my ipod classic. I have not used a dedicated DAP in a while. I have used my phone for years but I have been drooling over the thought of double amping for a few days now. I just read too many posts talking about double amping the E11 with the ZO2. So hopefully by the end of next week I will be set. Ipod classic running rockbox, E11, ZO2 and TMA-1s. Cant wait. 

Thanks again for all the replies!

Feb 8, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #4,749 of 11,286
Much thx to soundfreaq and craigster for Ur help. From what u have said I still dun want to buy online and return if not suitable esp. When that thing is 700 bucks! So m100 vs pro 500 hav anyone a/b it? Plus any recommendations on superaurals? Sorry for being so picky, I Juz want more options. @Soundfreaq, u seem to have experience with Bassy Iems and it seems u like the earphone u mentioned abv alot. Hav anyone compared it t I the Westone 3 and ie80 or any other earphones. Thx for Ur help guys in advance!!!

Feb 9, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #4,750 of 11,286
I auditioned the D5000 and Beats Pro with the M100 today. The M100 was quite uncomfortable for me and the salesperson told me the bass would go away after burn in so it's a no no for me! So I ended up comparing the pro and d5k for 1h plus. I couldn't tell the diff at first so I questioned the staff. I later realized the problem lies at my songs are compressed files! I used their iPod which had lossless files and tried again and oh boy did the d5k destroy the pros! It's more clear and defined with a more flat presentation other than the bass. The pros sounded a bit muffled though the bass was pretty good. Overall the pros lose out quite a but with also the downsize of being not very comfortable. Denon D5ks here I come! Next thing to do- Break me piggy bank for money!

Feb 9, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #4,751 of 11,286
Quote:
I auditioned the D5000 and Beats Pro with the M100 today. The M100 was quite uncomfortable for me and the salesperson told me the bass would go away after burn in so it's a no no for me! So I ended up comparing the pro and d5k for 1h plus. I couldn't tell the diff at first so I questioned the staff. I later realized the problem lies at my songs are compressed files! I used their iPod which had lossless files and tried again and oh boy did the d5k destroy the pros! It's more clear and defined with a more flat presentation other than the bass. The pros sounded a bit muffled though the bass was pretty good. Overall the pros lose out quite a but with also the downsize of being not very comfortable. Denon D5ks here I come! Next thing to do- Break me piggy bank for money!

Dont listen to them... they are trying to rob you!

Feb 9, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #4,752 of 11,286
Quote:
They also said this, this is from an email, "Another thought, are you listening to music that was recorded with bass, as ZO does not fake low frequencies but emphasizes?"

Are you sure that they did not mean that it doesn't add any bass into the music where there is none in the first place? Meaning, that there needs to be bass in the music for it to improve on said bass. That said, most music does have their fair share of bass...

Feb 9, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #4,753 of 11,286
Quote:

Ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back