The Basshead Club
Feb 8, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #4,726 of 11,286
Sorry for confusing you Craigster, I saw Ur post u posted a year or two ago and saw u were finding headphones with bass like the beats pro but with better clarity and all the gd stuff u get wat I meant so I think u shld noe what I am talking abt. The yamahas are yet in my country and not sure where I can get it. The m-100s are on sale just a few days ago and are yet available to be tried. Hw does these 2 abv compare and yes I am open to suggestions for IEMs. I'm Juz curious why there isn't any higher end phones with beefy bass other than the d5k which are not portable.

Feb 8, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #4,727 of 11,286
Juz to sum up what I'm trying to ask.
- V Moda M-100 vs Yamaha Pro500 vs Ultrasone Signature Dj (Is it worth the step up?)
-Do u have any experience with iems?

I wld get the best headphones and Iem and compare them then make a decision

Feb 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #4,728 of 11,286
Fellow bass friends,

After hearing and owning many bass-cans, including Sig DJ, XB1000, Pro 900, and being obsessed with recreating my club and outdoor electronic music festival experiences, nothing does this like the MG6Pro. 

If you are a basshead, this is where you should be setting your sites. Nothing has more power, more slam, more authority than these little guys. They handle more than anything I have heard. It's the ONLY headphone or earphone that gives me CHILLS. 

Get these and be DONE with it. 

Feb 8, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #4,729 of 11,286
Quote:
Juz to sum up what I'm trying to ask.
- V Moda M-100 vs Yamaha Pro500 vs Ultrasone Signature Dj (Is it worth the step up?)
-Do u have any experience with iems?

I wld get the best headphones and Iem and compare them then make a decision

Quote:
Fellow bass friends,

After hearing and owning many bass-cans, including Sig DJ, XB1000, Pro 900, and being obsessed with recreating my club and outdoor electronic music festival experiences, nothing does this like the MG6Pro. 

If you are a basshead, this is where you should be setting your sites. Nothing has more power, more slam, more authority than these little guys. They handle more than anything I have heard. It's the ONLY headphone or earphone that gives me CHILLS. 

Get these and be DONE with it. 

I defer to SoundFreaq regarding the MG6Pro if you want an IEM as I have not heard them.  If you want circumaural and are fortunate enough to be able to afford the Ultrasone Signature DJ, I consider them to be the best sounding basshead headphone I have ever heard and receive the chills from those related to their overall SQ, not just bass that SoundFreaq referenced. 

Feb 8, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #4,730 of 11,286
Well, the bass is why we are here. Be assured the mids are solid and the highs are sparkly. You don't get chills from just bass. The MG6Pro is the whole package. 

I directly A/B'd the Sig DJ and the MG6Pro. The MG has more power, more authority - and handles it better. Highs are much more present on the SDJ, and you can't get them club-loud without jack-hammering your eardrums. If I did not own the MG6Pro, I might have kept the SDJ. 

Edit: Like I have said, the SDJ is a gentleman's bass can. It's nice. It's refined. If you want pure power and authority and want to feel like you are one with the 10,000 others listening to the sounds of AVB slamming into you - MG6Pro is where it's at. If you want it to sound like you are at your desk listening to a refined bass can, SDJ is your man. 

Feb 8, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #4,731 of 11,286
Quote:
Well, the bass is why we are here. Be assured the mids are solid and the highs are sparkly. You don't get chills from just bass. The MG6Pro is the whole package. 

I directly A/B'd the Sig DJ and the MG6Pro. The MG has more power, more authority - and handles it better. Highs are much more present on the SDJ, and you can't get them club-loud without jack-hammering your eardrums. If I did not own the MG6Pro, I might have kept the SDJ. 

@SoundFreaq- Would you agree if myap2328 is looking for the pinnacle of basshead IEMs to go for the the MG6Pro and if he is looking for the pinnacle of basshead circumaurals to go for the Sig DJ, assuming overall SQ in addition to bass impact is factored into the equation ?

Feb 8, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #4,732 of 11,286
Craigster, I would agree with you. I think the SDJ is the pinnacle of circumaural. But I feel the MG6Pro is the pinnacle of them all. 
wink.gif

They are the same price. Is portability a factor? I can take my 250,000 watt pro-tuned nightclub with me anywhere. 

Feb 8, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #4,733 of 11,286
Quote:
Unfortunately, I realized the d5ks can't be used portably. Haiz, off to find another Bassy headphones. Damn! It's really hard to find a headphone with gobs of bass like a beats pro without amping. Hw abt earphones like Weston's 3 and senns ie80?

Many headphones produce bass that match or surpass the levels of the Beats headphones (Solo, Studio, Pro). They don't need amping to do so, even.

The following headphones have lots of bass quantity - XB300, XB500, XB600, XB700, Crossfade LP, Crossfade LP2, HA-M5X, HA-S4X, RHP-10, RHP-20, Image One, TMA-1, D1100, PRO 900.

The following headphones have less bass quantity, but are relatively detailed basshead cans that can achieve good bass levels with some amping/EQ-ing - PRO500MK2, PRO700MK2, M-100, ES7, D2000, HFI 580, HDJ-2000, XB1000.

I use Westone 3 as my daily IEMs. They fare well for EDM, as they have a good mid-bass hump. I don't use IEMs much, though, so if you're going down this route, many other experienced forumers can give you better advice.

Feb 8, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #4,734 of 11,286
Quote:
Craigster, I would agree with you. I think the SDJ is the pinnacle of circumaural. But I feel the MG6Pro is the pinnacle of them all
wink.gif

They are the same price. Is portability a factor? I can take my 250,000 watt pro-tuned nightclub with me anywhere. 

I will take your word for that.  Since I am not an IEM fan, I will also take that as validation for my recent Sig DJ purchase
L3000.gif

Feb 8, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #4,735 of 11,286
A few IEMs changed my whole view of IEMs. Not the ES5. But the MG6Pro, the Piano Forte IX, and the FI-BA-SS, showing they can outperform my LF + TH900 / Sig Pro in many many ways. 

Feb 8, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #4,739 of 11,286
So Craigster, you like the SDJ more than the M-100?

Yes, the Sig DJ performs at another level of refinement and detail along with more extended, airy highs.  In general, I find they have a similar sound and the M-100 is still the best for its price, but the Sig DJ is just better all around as it should be for the price.

The only complaint I have with my M100 in terms of sq, is the rolled off treble. It's not a problem, but I'd just like a bit more air in the upper region to go along with the weight of the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back