The Basshead Club
Feb 7, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #4,711 of 11,286
Quote:

Huh? You don't know what RMA is? Are you living under a stone? 
blink.gif
 Basicly you would send it to digiZoid and get it repaired or get new sample, of course after getting their approval.

http://www.digizoid.com/contact/index.html

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #4,712 of 11,286
Quote:
Yeah, that's what I was thinking after I took the headphones off. My ear felt kinda funny. It kinda felt like someone punched my ear and it felt a bit numb. Plus, when I took the headphones off, the diaphragm membrane was moving so much that it sounded like it was about to blow. So really, the driver was using my ear as back pressure to keep it from blowing.  I'm gonna have to show some restraint if I get a powerful amp because I could easily loose my hearing with these headphones, but the drivers would probably blow before that happens, but I shouldn't take my chances. Spending extra money because of blown speakers is a pain, in regards to my wallet and my ears. Why can't I be like those people who always rave about listening to the music it's meant to be heard? It's like for me, music is meant to be heard with 2 15in subwoofers in a mini cooper...

Seriously you're going to do a lot of damage to your ears if you keep doing such a habit, why any1 would even do it in first place is beyond my understanding. But hey at least I warned you, don't cry then if your ears will develop some heavy tinnitus (constant noise in your ears) or you will need hearing aids by the time you're 30. It will happen much easier with your headphones due to loud treble frequencies and so close to your ear channel compared to the trunk of the car that you mostly hear the bass with such setups.

At first it's hard to give up your habits like loud listening as you're used to it and lower lvl listening might not give you as much satisfaction instantly but if you really force you to listen at lower volume levels for a little while your prefences will change and you might even start to appriciate listening to your music like that, it's all about getting used to something and adapting to the changes, a lot works like that in this hobby, there's a lot of "brain burn-in" going on without we're even aware of it. :p Works often like that with for example new headphones, the new headphone might not instantly sound that good to you because you've formed an opinion on how it should sound like with the old headphone and the new one at first may sound "off" but later on after having listened to the new headphone (assuming it really is better) you will hear it with another perspective.

To avoid excessive hearing damage I personally forced myself into a limited volume level listening at the lowest possible level that gives me full satisfaction, I basicly never cross that volume level, NEVER. With my Q40 headphones and ZO2.1 amp it means ZO2.1 maxed and windows set to 14% volume. Now I couldn't even imagine turning up the volume, I'm used to volume level now so it gives me full satisfaction. I'm still a basshead though and therefore I need that sufficient rather big bass boost to be happy regarding bass levels at such volume levels though. Since I master a lot of hardstyle music these days and can listen to music many hours a day I figured it's best if I want to keep hearing. I've never had signs ear ache.

Feb 7, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #4,713 of 11,286
Quote:
I'm kind of a noob at all this but if by dap you mean source, I'm using an HTC phone with power amp, but when I use the zo2 I don't use any eq, I'm using headphone out, on high gain

Yeah, that's my setup too. I run Poweramp off an Android device to the ZO2 set at high gain. Control the volume from the player, and the bass contour levels from the ZO2.3.

What's an rma?

Like RPG said, RMA is a process to get your product repaired or replaced by the manufacturer. Check out Wiki for RMA.

Feb 7, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #4,714 of 11,286
Yeah, I have tinnitus in my right ear (had it since I was little), so if I hear something like dishes rattling long enough, my ear starts doing its thing. It's not as bad as you think it is either (my music listening). The majority of the time my music is at a low-medium volume level because, number 1, I can't take high volume levels for a prolonged period of time because of my tinnitus, number 2, it's stupid (it gets the best of me sometimes, as you can see), number 3, my headphones are at risk of being blown, number 4, I don't want to make my hearing worse, and number 5, it sounds better. I'm probably not going to be buying the Lyr just so that the aforementioned reasons don't happen. Knowing me, I'll probably blast it out once, and that'll be all it takes to finish my ears. I'm satisfied with the way they sound now anyways. Like you, I have to limit my volume so I don't screw up my ears and equipment. 
So, thanks for the warning. You gotta love Head-Fi's community 
beerchug.gif
 Other Head-Fi'ers, take note. Hearing loss isn't something you want at all.

Feb 7, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #4,715 of 11,286
Huh? You don't know what RMA is? Are you living under a stone? 
blink.gif

Basicly you would send it to digiZoid and get it repaired or get new sample, of course after getting their approval.

http://www.digizoid.com/contact/index.html

Haha thanks, and sorry haha I never really had to return anything like this before, usually my returns are through Amazon and they don't have anything like that

Feb 7, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #4,716 of 11,286
Yeah, that's my setup too. I run Poweramp off an Android device to the ZO2 set at high gain. Control the volume from the player, and the bass contour levels from the ZO2.3.

Like RPG said, RMA is a process to get your product repaired or replaced by the manufacturer. Check out Wiki for RMA.

Since your using the same thing, how's the zo2's bass boost compared to power amp's bass boost? I'm pretty sure mines just defective tho

Feb 7, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #4,717 of 11,286
Mine makes bass from good to blow you pants off eargasm... :p

Feb 8, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #4,718 of 11,286
Quote:
Hello, I am sort of a noob and thinking about purchasing a somewhat high grade headphone so I don't want to be splashing my money on the wrong thing. I was actually going to buy the beats pro because of its GOBS OF BASS, but I realised it wasn't comfy enough. From the 400 price point of the beats pro I decided to raise my budget to 500 and is lookin at the Denon d5000. I know it's discontinued but I have the ability to purchase it. I also heard that it requires an amp to push to its limits is that true? How much improvement from beats pro to the Denon and how much improvement for the Denon without amp to with amp. Plus if u guys have any other headphones (budget 500usd but I can stretch it) pls tell me thx alot

M-Audio Q40.  $130ish and puts Beats to shame.  Amp them, or better yet double amp them, EQ the input and smile.......

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #4,719 of 11,286
Quote:
Hello, I am sort of a noob and thinking about purchasing a somewhat high grade headphone so I don't want to be splashing my money on the wrong thing. I was actually going to buy the beats pro because of its GOBS OF BASS, but I realised it wasn't comfy enough. From the 400 price point of the beats pro I decided to raise my budget to 500 and is lookin at the Denon d5000. I know it's discontinued but I have the ability to purchase it. I also heard that it requires an amp to push to its limits is that true? How much improvement from beats pro to the Denon and how much improvement for the Denon without amp to with amp. Plus if u guys have any other headphones (budget 500usd but I can stretch it) pls tell me thx alot

Depends on what type of music you like listening to.  For EDM, I'm REALLY happy with my Ultrasone DJ1.

Feb 8, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #4,721 of 11,286
LOL!!! :D

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #4,722 of 11,286
Thanks guys for Ur replies but I was wondering about Ur views on the denon d5000, r they worth the price (MSRP). Does it produce enuf bass. I now listen to pop but I am getting addicted to house or is it electronic, I am not to sure. Anyway, I just enjoy bass! Is there any other headphones better than this but around the same price (HAVE TO BE SEALED). I dun really thing the m-100 v moda or Yamaha can actually beat a Japanese plastic. Thx for Ur replies in advance

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #4,723 of 11,286
Quote:
Thanks guys for Ur replies but I was wondering about Ur views on the denon d5000, r they worth the price (MSRP). Does it produce enuf bass. I now listen to pop but I am getting addicted to house or is it electronic, I am not to sure. Anyway, I just enjoy bass! Is there any other headphones better than this but around the same price (HAVE TO BE SEALED). I dun really thing the m-100 v moda or Yamaha can actually beat a Japanese plastic. Thx for Ur replies in advance

I'm not sure what this sentence means, perhaps something was lost in translation.  I owned the Denon D600 and returned them because something was off about their bass presentation.  I own the M-100 and IMO you won't find a better sounding headphone for a basshead under $500.  It is also well constructed with metal along with plastic.

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #4,724 of 11,286
Unfortunately, I realized the d5ks can't be used portably. Haiz, off to find another Bassy headphones. Damn! It's really hard to find a headphone with gobs of bass like a beats pro without amping. Hw abt earphones like Weston's 3 and senns ie80?

Feb 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #4,725 of 11,286
Quote:
Unfortunately, I realized the d5ks can't be used portably. Haiz, off to find another Bassy headphones. Damn! It's really hard to find a headphone with gobs of bass like a beats pro without amping. Hw abt earphones like Weston's 3 and senns ie80?

Back to the Yamaha PRO 500- only 23 ohm, so easy to drive without an amp, Beats-like bass with much better SQ and they even look like Beats!  You won't know if you don't try.  Yes, it is a hassle with some cost to buy and return headphones, but you can't always find every good pair in a store to demo.  It is a process.  I bought and returned a half dozen headphones in the past year, but now I found my perfect headphones and am just enjoying the music.  Also, you were referencing circumaurals but now want IEMs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back