The Basshead Club
Jan 15, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #4,336 of 11,286
Quote:
I wonder... The new Ipod touches and iphones have a lightning dock that is digital out only. To use LODs you need an analog out. The adapter that apple offers has the Wolfson DAC built into it. 

Doesnt that mean that using the adaptors with the new ipods and iphones will give a true line out?

This is a great question which should be answered with the release of Verza as there MUST be some sort of lightning to Verza adapter included and Verza does override the on-board DAC.

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #4,338 of 11,286
Quote:
Saw this in the deals thread

I do like tons of bass lol.  I have some JVC S500's coming, but I'd like some "fun" bass heavy headphones as well.

Is this philips a good choice at $40?  Some amazon sellers are still selling the XB500 for $67 shipped, is it worth it to step up to those?  Or do you have any recommendations for under $75?

Thanks all!

Screw it, reading around more, it seems the XB500's are the best.  I bought them for $68 shipped from Amazon

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #4,341 of 11,286
Quote:
I heard that those jvc xx full size were bad, but then again that was from audiophiles, not us bassheads lol.  :)

I have a buddy with the JVC HA-M5X's, then we both picked up a pair of Monoprice 8323's and the JVC's have sat on his shelf ever since... 
basshead.gif

Jan 15, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #4,343 of 11,286
He had a second account named dimitri42. The mods traced the IP Addresses of both accounts, and they ended up being the same, as shown in the little description below dimitri42's title. It still seems kind of harsh, though. I don't think he was a bad user, and he seemed to be very trustworthy when it comes to selling stuff. Maybe he's just tempbanned. 

Jan 15, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #4,344 of 11,286
Who this man?

I don't know about being a scammer but this man is guilty of buying headphones and earphones and declaring them as eargasmic experiences only for him to sell said eargasmic experience the same day or in many cases before he even gets them. He would say nothing touches these and then he would say because of his mod they are 10X better than this phone or that phone with not a single pic of what he did mind you. It was somewhat painful to read his posts. Lol. Ok so this man is guilty of using headfi to flip his phones. He is a chronic phone flipper. It almost seems like he would build hype around a phone just so he can sell them..Some how I doubt this was the intention of Jude and clan for these threads.. 

From the FXZ100/200 thread... 

This thread made me cringe too:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/615155/practically-new-creative-aurvana-live-aka-denon-ah-d1001

But the last straw for me was in his deleted XB800 For sale thread when he raised the price to something ridiculous because they were just that darn good!

I don't know if it merits a ban but it is something that I think should be watched out for on this site. What he says doesn't add up and he was even communicating with himself on his multiple accounts trying to build more hype on some untouchable headphone and then to sell it ASAP.

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #4,345 of 11,286
Ok, off of the Miow incident, I got my ZO2.3 in today, and it sounds awesome with my JVC HA-S500s, like AMAZING!!! If it's not pop or EDM I change it to Level 1 bass boost (Green) to avoid overpowering mids...

Just my 2 cents.

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #4,346 of 11,286
Quote:
I heard that those jvc xx full size were bad, but then again that was from audiophiles, not us bassheads lol.  :)

I have ordered them, will post my (not-too-crazy-audiophile) impressions. 

RPG has a review here (be sure to read his later posts where he updates, apparently the previous owner had done a mod which he was not originally aware of):
 http://www.head-fi.org/t/557002/jvc-ha-m5x-another-budget-bassheads-review

I have been researching  headphones for the past couple of weeks, and as far as I could gather, the bass on the JVC HAM5X is as good as the XB500. The mids and highs might be a tiny bit inferior to the XB500.

However, the XB500 has been discontinued, and remaining stock is very expensive. For me, the XB500 is €49 vs the JVC for €27. I dont think the XB500 is anywhere near twice as good as the JVC

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #4,347 of 11,286
Quote:
From the FXZ100/200 thread... 

This thread made me cringe too:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/615155/practically-new-creative-aurvana-live-aka-denon-ah-d1001

But the last straw for me was in his deleted XB800 For sale thread when he raised the price to something ridiculous because they were just that darn good!

I don't know if it merits a ban but it is something that I think should be watched out for on this site. What he says doesn't add up and he was even communicating with himself on his multiple accounts trying to build more hype on some untouchable headphone and then to sell it ASAP.

Yeah, he made his own thread for the XB800 and he quoted himself on how good the headphones were when he modded them, but I just gave him the benefit of the doubt and turned a blind eye towards it. He probably didn't ship out the xb800s to RPGWizard either. Maybe he can chime in on this. I just doubt that in all of his 2k+ posts he was like this. Who knows what happened. After skimming through the FZX100/200 thread, it seems like he really was the hype king. It seems like he made yet another account named xilim, too. To think I gave him my home address...time to move, lol. 

I take back what I said in my previous post. He deserved it. 

Edit: didn't see gopanthersgo1's post. Sorry guys. 

ANYWAYS, moving on. Let's get this thread back on track. I'm seriously thinking about purchasing some IEMs. I've been eyeing the FZX200s on and off for a couple days, but the price always turns me away. $200 is probably my max, unless they're really worth the extra $100. 

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #4,348 of 11,286
Quote:
Saw this in the deals thread

I do like tons of bass lol.  I have some JVC S500's coming, but I'd like some "fun" bass heavy headphones as well.

Is this philips a good choice at $40?  Some amazon sellers are still selling the XB500 for $67 shipped, is it worth it to step up to those?  Or do you have any recommendations for under $75?

Thanks all!

What do you guys think of Panasonic  RP-HTF600-S headphones paired with a ZO2.3 bass amp?
Total cost = $27 + $100 = $127 

I am gonna read the panasonic thread
http://www.head-fi.org/t/571005/the-panasonic-rp-htf600-s-headphones-more-fun-than-the-hd650

Jan 15, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #4,349 of 11,286
Jan 15, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #4,350 of 11,286
I have the XB-500 and it is ok, they are really muddy, fatiguing, and plasticy feeling.

Try some equalization, an amp and you may think they are the best you've heard. Especially for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back