The Basshead Club
Jan 13, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #4,292 of 11,286
I tried them along side the pioneers last time i went to best buy I wasn't WOWED. but then again I wasn't in the market for headphones at the time, I was content with the ones i had, i'll RECHECK them out I suppose. From a new perspective.

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #4,295 of 11,286
hmmm i didn't feel so amazed really by the aiaiai, then again from hidden messages i can tell you guess don't share my enthusiasm with the pioneers lol. 

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #4,296 of 11,286
Whatever sounds best to you is what you should get! I personally did not like anything about the Pioneer HDJ 1500, but that is my opinion. To each there own, you know? 
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm trying to decide between upgrading from my E11 to the C&C BH, and then more and likely getting a ZO2 to double amp with or getting the ZO2 first and then the BH if I feel it is really necessary. The BH and the ZO2 are pretty much the same price so I'm not sure what I want.

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #4,298 of 11,286
Whatever sounds best to you is what you should get! I personally did not like anything about the Pioneer HDJ 1500, but that is my opinion. To each there own, you know? 
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm trying to decide between upgrading from my E11 to the C&C BH, and then more and likely getting a ZO2 to double amp with or getting the ZO2 first and then the BH if I feel it is really necessary. The BH and the ZO2 are pretty much the same price so I'm not sure what I want.
The ZO2 would provide more of a difference to your ears than the BH. :beerchug:

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #4,300 of 11,286
Quote:

Hey man, some quick impressions of a few songs with both the M100 and DT770...I hope it helps

Firstly I would just like to point out that the M100´s bass is much quicker and tighter, it has more mid bass quantity than the Beyers, and more forward mids with smoother highs. There is no distortion even at crazy high volumes!

Numb - H320 ft newbeginning212
Mids are much more forward on M100, Bass quantity is larger on the M100, MUCH less sibilance with the M100...so ton more pleasant to listen too (most sibilant song I have) Bass detail great on both, can easily hear vocals with both sets although the M100´s are much more forward and intimite as though she is singing into your ears
The DT770 is brighter...highs are piercing at times, sibilance is worse on my Galaxy S3, when on my Titanium HD the highs are a bit smoother but still unpleasant at times
The biggest difference in this song is the more forward mids and smoother highs of the M100 which makes for a much more fun listening experience with the bigger bass also adding to this! 

Limit To Your Love - James Blake
Lower Mids are more forward compared to Numb with the Beyers...but still much more forward on the M100´s, it sounds more like they are singing directly to you
Sub bass is almost on par with the beyers just a tiny bit less, however the quality of the bass is much better with the M100´s, its much faster and you can here the pulses of sub bass in the song much better with the M100 whereas with the Beyers its more one long vibration as its slower than the M100 in comparrison, each note is more defined with the M100 due to the increase in detail
There is also more bass impact with the M100´s
Overall the song sounds much better on the M100

vSQUARED - Lets Grow Old Together
This song is mainly to test the soundstage and positioning
The positioning on both is great, the walking form left to right is seamless and cant complain on either set
The bass is more punchy on the M100, and is tighter...the highs are much more pleasant to listen to than the Beyers
The Beyers sound more airy and bright than the M100 which sounds darker in comparrison, however something seems missing with the Beyers and that IMO is the lack of midbass, the song seems too empty listening with the Beyers.
Both are great with this song however I would prefer the M100´s due to them having more mid bass authority and "fill out" the song better, although the Beyers give a totally different take on the song with a lighter airy feel which some people may prefer.

Blackmill - Miracle
The M100 again has more Bass quantity than the Beyers in midbass and sub bass
Details  are easily picked up on both sets however the lack of punch in the Beyers makes them sound more empty in comparison
I much prefer the song on the M100

Breezeblocks - ALT-J
The mids are warmer on the M100, I prefer the song with the M100 as the Beyers sound too bright in comparrison but I listend to the song first with the Beyers and thought it sounded great and that it would actually beat the M100
Its surprisingly easier to focus on the mids with the DT770, mainly due to less bass quantity even though they are more laid back/recessed, sub bass is great on the Beyers and the lack of midbass means that it doesnt detract from the mids where with the M100 the mids sound as though they are competing with the bass at times although IMO I dont beleive the bass bleeds into the mids at all but the bass line seems lounder than the mids so you are more compelled to focus on the lows of the song, it still sounds great to my ears but can tell it may not be what some people want in a can!

Xilent - Choose Me (Dubstep Mix)
The Beyers again sound more airy than the M100 which gives the feeling that they are more open sounding than the M100 which sound more closed in...highs are much more pronounced on the Beyers, to the point where I had to listen at a lower volume compared with the M100, the songs bass line was less prominant with the Beyers and so it made me focus more on the highs of the song and gave a very different but also a very enjoyable listening experience compared to the M100

I played my favourite Hip Hop mix with both (Mele Lucky Me mixtape starting at 1:40 as I dont like the first song) and it was clear that the increase in mid bass and the more forward mids with the M100 made it more enjoyable as well as the added detail, I found myself bobbing my head more to the bass line with the M100, although it was VERY enjoyable with the Beyer too and could easily listen to the mix with the Beyers and not be sitting there wishing I had the M100 on!

The M100 are a lot easier to listen to than the Beyers which can become a little harsh and piercing at times, however its all relative as before I got the M100 I found the Beyers really easy to listen too and the highs didnt bother me at all really, just with a handful of songs like Numb - H320 as it can become really sibilant at times. So if you havent actually experienced expensive/high class headphones then I believe you would be more than happy with the Beyers, I was for nearly 2 years...but now hearing the M100 I can see the flaws of the Beyers with it mainly being the recessed mids and I not enough mid bass for my liking (Im a basshead if you havent guessed) I find it hard to measure soundstage but the airy feel the beyers seem to give me makes me want to say they have better soundstage although I was listening to Burial in bed and the sound stage is HUGE with the M100! I literally jumped and pulled off my headphones as i thought the sound was coming from the windows lol, I have done this with the Beyers before and this is testament to how mig the soundstage is on both...you wont be disappointed with either set if you listen to Dubstep and Hiphop as the recessed mids of the beyers doesnt really detract THAT much from the overall listening experience as the main focus of the song is the bass line and lyrics are always perfectly audible and of a great tone!

Both cans are great but I really do prefer the M100, plus they are portable so you dont need to fork out on expensive IEM´s they look and feel great too so the price difference is justified IMO

The comfort levels on the DT770 is much better than the M100 though, and if yu have big ears it may prove troublesome although I wouldnt know as I have tiny ears thank God! :D

Good luck mate! 

Thanks for the review. 
The Dt770 is about $110 less expensive than the M-100 ($190 vs $300) on amazon.com.

How would you rate the DT770 + amp como (amp being $100-ish) vs the M-100 alone?

Is the M-100 more durable than the DT770?

Jan 14, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #4,302 of 11,286
Quote:

Quote:
The ZO2 would provide more of a difference to your ears than the BH.
beerchug.gif

I agree it is likely not a worthwhile upgrade to the C&C BH from the E11.  I would recommend puting the $ toward the ZO2 and double amp with the E11.

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #4,305 of 11,286
Quote:
I'm afraid any headphone from Ultrasone will make me look like a fool lol I have to wear these in public 90% of the time !

Well, I love the look of Ultrasone cans, so I'll take one out anytime. :)

Quote:
Don't get me wrong its not about aesthetics much but I had the Shire Srh750 DJ and it was extremely big and bulky on my head and I looked crazy lol.

The SRH750DJ isn't a really big circumaural can for me. It's the norm in size, but there are definitely bigger, "portable" cans out there. Take a look at the M50, for one.

Quote:
What do you guys know about the pioneer HDJ 1000 and the HDJ1500. preferably the 1500 I haven't heard them yet . I rally liked the 1000 though

As I mentioned earlier, I haven't heard the HDJ-1500, but I love my other Pioneer cans (500, 1000, 2000). They are generally detailed sounding, with a good bass punch. Bass quantity goes down and sound quality goes up as the model numbers increase. I suppose the HDJ-1500 would be an intermediary between the HDJ-1000 and HDJ-2000, 2 cans which are already quite difficult to separate in terms of pure sound quality. If you can get a decent price on the HDJ-1000, you should just get one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back