The Basshead Club
Dec 31, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #3,991 of 11,286
If you want skull shaking, forget about the M50.  The Sony store has XB500's on sale for about $50.  The PRO700 MK2, M-Audio Q40, V-Moda LP or LP2 would do skull shaking with a Z02 or even E11 on high bass setting (I have both).  E11 is better for overall sound/volume and provides a significant bass boost, but there is nothing like the ZO2 for bass boost.

What about the m-100?

Dec 31, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #3,993 of 11,286
I have the XB500 and thats not enough bass for me :D Well at least when I want a good head shaking so would they mash up my brains with the ZO2? If so I might use those with the ZO2 for brain mashing and the M50s for regular listening since I do listen to other types of music such as Jazz, Rock, etc. And does the ZO2 produce good bass or does it sound distorted and yucky :p
Thanks for the help though 
beyersmile.png

Dec 31, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #3,994 of 11,286
Quote:
Quote:
What about the m-100?

While their bass is deep and powerful, they just aren't made to be pure bass cannons, but if you are looking for overall SQ, they are fantastic.

This^^^^^^ +212039214973585459230

But with the ZO, HOLY the quality of bass never goes down, but the rumble just keeps increasing, and bass never gets in the way of mids, nor dos the bass ever 'take up sonic real estate' as craigster put it in the M-100 thread.

with a ZO, the M-100 is my DREAM basshead can. It's definitely a great all rounder headphone, but if you want it to be a basshead can, the ZO would probably be the best pairing imo - bass quantity to taste. 

Dec 31, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #3,995 of 11,286
Quote:
I have the XB500 and thats not enough bass for me :D Well at least when I want a good head shaking so would they mash up my brains with the ZO2? If so I might use those with the ZO2 for brain mashing and the M50s for regular listening since I do listen to other types of music such as Jazz, Rock, etc. And does the ZO2 produce good bass or does it sound distorted and yucky :p
beyersmile.png

The ZO doesn't 'produce' the bass so much as it EQs the bass quantity. If the headphones have muddy bass, then the ZO will EQ the muddy bass up. But if there's nice tight, textured and controlled bass, like the m-100s, then the ZO will EQ that nice bass up. 

Dec 31, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #3,997 of 11,286
So would you say the ZO2 is worth it? I was debating getting that or the Fiio E11 and have heard great things about both but right now I just have the XB500's and want to either get something to turn up the bass in those to make a basshead can or getting a new set of headphones AND an amp to make the basshead can. But if the XB500's with the E11 or ZO2 would be face melting then I'll just pick up the M50s for my non-face melting experience :)

Jan 1, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #4,001 of 11,286
Quote:
come on , i amped them, but did not eq them. straight out of an amp, there is more sub bass on the denons, thats for sure.

My experiences were the opposite, D1100 was very midbass focused. For my taste it lacked some subbass compared to midbass. Q40 however has a nice balance between subbass and midbass for me.

Jan 1, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #4,005 of 11,286
Quote:
beyersmile.png

If the XB500 isn't bassy enough at stock, you may want to amp them with a ZO2. It will certainly accentuate the bass presentation of your headphone.

From what I have and listened to, only the Crossfade LP sounds as bassy as the XB500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back