The Basshead Club
Dec 28, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #3,961 of 11,286
Quote:
Problem I have had in the past with IEMs is they don't stay in well and I have to continually push them in. How are these and that regard?

I've only used them at home in front of my computer so far, using the standard silicone tips (medium size). I usually have a problem with silicone tips as they tend to fall out, but sitting still in front of my computer wearing these, I haven't had any problems yet. Had a 8 hour straight listening session today without taking them out once! That has never happened to me before :) Can't say how they fare when moving around tho! As with every other IEM I have ever used I will also try these out with comply foam tips. Just haven't had the chance to order any just yet.

Dec 28, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #3,963 of 11,286
Quote:
I very much want to try them, but the place I would buy them doesn't accept returns.  I don't think they would do much more for me from a bass perspective that I am already getting from my M-100 right now.  In fact, I may settle in with them for awhile.  They are great.

Alright :) 
beerchug.gif

Dec 30, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #3,965 of 11,286
Quote:
Is the athm50 a basshead can? consider that's all it has to offer 

Apparently, there are 2 versions of the M50 - the older model has greater bass quantity; the new revision has more modest bass properties. If you are talking about the new version, then nope, they aren't basshead cans at all.

Dec 30, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #3,966 of 11,286
Maybe someone in this thread can help me but I'm driving myself insane trying to pick my next pair of headphones. I currently have a fiio e17 and Denon AH-D2000. I love the D2000's but I'm looking for something with a little more bass for watching movies and listening to bass heavy music. I've been looking at the DT770/80, Q40, and Pro700mk2 but I can't decide what to try or maybe I should be looking at something else. I was initially set on the DT770s but I keep hearing conflicting things about them. V-Modas are out of the question for me. I owned the Crossfade LP for a week and had to send them back because I found them to be extremely uncomfortable and couldn't keep them on my head for longer than 30 minutes. 

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #3,967 of 11,286
Quote:
Maybe someone in this thread can help me but I'm driving myself insane trying to pick my next pair of headphones. I currently have a fiio e17 and Denon AH-D2000. I love the D2000's but I'm looking for something with a little more bass for watching movies and listening to bass heavy music. I've been looking at the DT770/80, Q40, and Pro700mk2 but I can't decide what to try or maybe I should be looking at something else. I was initially set on the DT770s but I keep hearing conflicting things about them. V-Modas are out of the question for me. I owned the Crossfade LP for a week and had to send them back because I found them to be extremely uncomfortable and couldn't keep them on my head for longer than 30 minutes. 

Maybe wait a few weeks for the AKG K267

Dec 31, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #3,970 of 11,286
Quote:
Scanning through the posts about the Q40 that I missed before is making them even more tempting... 

There are pros and cons to every headphone.  While I agree with many of their pros, I found they lack detail and soundstage.  I also experienced above average sibilance with them.  Plus, they are less than comfortable compared to others.

Dec 31, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #3,971 of 11,286
any suggestions to a very good isolating portable? these i aleady own(ed):

- q40: mor focus on upper bass, big, uncomfortable even with beyer velours, narrow soundstage
- dt770: do not find them bassheavy at all. wierd treblespikes to my ears
- akg k518: focus on midbass, lacks sub bass, isolation is good though
- denon d1100: bass is ok, could be even more. isolation is soso, comfort is fine, soundstage lacks some depth
- m80: not bassheavy at all, little warm sounding, next to no isolation
- mdr 1r: not a basshead can, weak isolation
- fidelio m1. bass was ok, but a little warm over all sound. great comfort though
- m50s: realy hate these cans. no soundstage, piercing treble, sub zero sub bass. 

coming from iems i would like to get a rumble, similar, to what the sony mh1c delivers. maybe v55s?

Dec 31, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #3,973 of 11,286
Quote:
any suggestions to a very good isolating portable? these i aleady own(ed):

- q40: mor focus on upper bass, big, uncomfortable even with beyer velours, narrow soundstage
- dt770: do not find them bassheavy at all. wierd treblespikes to my ears
- akg k518: focus on midbass, lacks sub bass, isolation is good though
- denon d1100: bass is ok, could be even more. isolation is soso, comfort is fine, soundstage lacks some depth
- m80: not bassheavy at all, little warm sounding, next to no isolation
- mdr 1r: not a basshead can, weak isolation
- fidelio m1. bass was ok, but a little warm over all sound. great comfort though
- m50s: realy hate these cans. no soundstage, piercing treble, sub zero sub bass. 

coming from iems i would like to get a rumble, similar, to what the sony mh1c delivers. maybe v55s?

Based on the description above you WANT the M-100.  Imagine the M-80 with extended, smooth highs, deep, authoritative bass and sub-bass, expanded soundstage, more isolation and greater comfort due to the circumaural design in a package that folds up smaller than the M-80.

Dec 31, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #3,975 of 11,286
Quote:

I've only used them at home in front of my computer so far, using the standard silicone tips (medium size). I usually have a problem with silicone tips as they tend to fall out, but sitting still in front of my computer wearing these, I haven't had any problems yet. Had a 8 hour straight listening session today without taking them out once! That has never happened to me before :) Can't say how they fare when moving around tho! As with every other IEM I have ever used I will also try these out with comply foam tips. Just haven't had the chance to order any just yet.

IEMs are very unlikely to fall out when you're sitting down. I have no problems when I'm at home, even with the vPulse. The problem is when I'm wearing them outside. The weight of the cable pulls them down, and if you try to give the cable some slack by clipping it to your clothes, the cable pushes them up, which is even worse. It's almost impossible to keep IEMs in your ears when you're walking, unless it's a very tight seal with lots of pressure on your eardrums, which is definitely not the case with the vPulse. Xears tend to have a very high pressure seal, hence the severe driver flex noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back