The Basshead Club
Dec 31, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #3,976 of 11,286
Quote:
Based on the description above you WANT the M-100.  Imagine the M-80 with extended, smooth highs, deep, authoritative bass and sub-bass, expanded soundstage, more isolation and greater comfort due to the circumaural design in a package that folds up smaller than the M-80.

I keep hearing amazing things about the M100 so I'm gonna have to try it out. I'm not a fan of the styling though... too groovy and underground. I prefer class and elegance, like the Sony 1R. But if they really sound that good, I just might have to rock them with a blazer :)

Dec 31, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #3,977 of 11,286
Quote:
IEMs are very unlikely to fall out when you're sitting down. I have no problems when I'm at home, even with the vPulse. The problem is when I'm wearing them outside. The weight of the cable pulls them down, and if you try to give the cable some slack by clipping it to your clothes, the cable pushes them up, which is even worse. It's almost impossible to keep IEMs in your ears when you're walking, unless it's a very tight seal with lots of pressure on your eardrums, which is definitely not the case with the vPulse. Xears tend to have a very high pressure seal, hence the severe driver flex noise.

I have the same problem with IEMs on the go.  I have the B&W C5.  They are really good basshead IEMs that have a wire loop which holds them securely in your ear, so you can literally run full speed and they won't fall out.

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #3,978 of 11,286
Quote:
Based on the description above you WANT the M-100.  Imagine the M-80 with extended, smooth highs, deep, authoritative bass and sub-bass, expanded soundstage, more isolation and greater comfort due to the circumaural design in a package that folds up smaller than the M-80.

read the soundstage on m100 is congested and the bass bleeds to the mids.

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #3,979 of 11,286
Quote:
read the soundstage on m100 is congested and the bass bleeds to the mids.

If you read through the M-100 thread, the consensus is the complete opposite of this.  IMO, they are the best balance of audiophile sound quality and basshead sound I have ever heard in a headphone at any price.  I enjoy Sade on the M-100 as much as I enjoy Pitbull.

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #3,981 of 11,286
So I want something crazyyyy bass heavy like skull shaking. So I been thinking of the ZO2 amp and the ATH M50's or the PRO700MK2. So please help me pick one out. Also I was looking into the Fiio E11 but overall I don't want to spend much more than 200$.

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #3,982 of 11,286
Quote:
So I want something crazyyyy bass heavy like skull shaking. So I been thinking of the ZO2 amp and the ATH M50's or the PRO700MK2. So please help me pick one out. Also I was looking into the Fiio E11 but overall I don't want to spend much more than 200$.

If you want skull shaking, forget about the M50.  The Sony store has XB500's on sale for about $50.  The PRO700 MK2, M-Audio Q40, V-Moda LP or LP2 would do skull shaking with a Z02 or even E11 on high bass setting (I have both).  E11 is better for overall sound/volume and provides a significant bass boost, but there is nothing like the ZO2 for bass boost.

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #3,983 of 11,286
Quote:

The M50 is a venerable classic like the V6 and deserves to be respected as such, but these days I think you can do better for the price. Don't get me wrong, they are very good headphones, I'm just saying there are alternatives out there with more bang for your buck, with detachable cables, better ergonomics, better sound out of the box, etc. But if you are going with a ZO2 you don't need headphones that are bassy out of the box. You want everything else to sound good, and the ZO2 will take care of the bass :wink:

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #3,984 of 11,286
Quote:
If you want skull shaking, forget about the M50.  The Sony store has XB500's on sale for about $50.  The PRO700 MK2, M-Audio Q40, V-Moda LP or LP2 would do skull shaking with a Z02 or even E11 on high bass setting (I have both).  E11 is better for overall sound/volume and provides a significant bass boost, but there is nothing like the ZO2 for bass boost.

Because the Q40 has more emphasis on mid bass than sub bass, does the mid bass sound overblown when paired with the ZO2?

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #3,985 of 11,286
Quote:
Because the Q40 has more emphasis on mid bass than sub bass, does the mid bass sound overblown when paired with the ZO2?

I don't currently own the Q40, so I can't do a direct ZO comparison, but I did use them with my E11 and have no complaints about their ability to produce sub bass.  Their mid bass/sub bass balance is excellent IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back