The Basshead Club
Oct 3, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #2,918 of 11,286
Quote:
I'd recommend the ATH CKS77 over the VB's and most recommend the cks77 over the mg7's.  The new sony xbx90ex is supposed to be better than the cks77 though (Sub bass wise)

the ath cks77 has a MUTCH more mid bass present compared to the atios, the midbass takes the fame in the sound making the sub bass less porimint compared to the atrios

In comparsion to the atrios they have a very flat mid bass

Oct 3, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #2,920 of 11,286
Quote:
The Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE6000 is receiving stellar reviews and sells for $199.  It is backordered for several weeks due to high demand.

Logitech... wow that's good to hear :3

oh what do you guys think of the DT 990 for impactful but detailed Mid bass? 

Oct 3, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #2,921 of 11,286
Quote:
Logitech... wow that's good to hear :3

oh what do you guys think of the DT 990 for impactful but detailed Mid bass? 

Yea it's quite good M-Audio Q40, BeyerDynamic DT990 Pro and and Utrasone Pro 900 are all good examples of strong impactful but detailed (non-boomy) midbass. Suprise suprise they all share similar kind of bass shape, the quite ideal bass curve for that kind of bass. Take note folks or fans of impactful/punchy detailed bass, this is how you want the bass curve to look like, not straight but hill/round-shape, centered around 80Hz that stretches up to at least above 150Hz in the upper-end and rolls-off slightly very deep down low.

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #2,922 of 11,286
Quote:
No experience here, I know a guy on another forum who did. The guy has above average headphone knowledge when compared to Head-Fi'ers

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/PhilipsCityscapeDowntown.pdf

The measurements are impressive though.

Hey, that looks pretty good, thanks.

Tyll compared them favorably with the Creative Aurvana Live!, a good basshead can that I enjoy listening to. Think I might just pick them up one of these days. They look pretty sweet, too. The purple looks a little gaudy, but I'm loving the brown and white versions.

Quote:
/Trying to pick between the Klipsch Image One, and XB500 any suggestions

The XB500 outperforms the Image One in all (bass-related) areas - bass extension, impact, quantity and comfort. If you're deciding between the 2, just go with the Sony cans. They are cheaper, too.

Oct 3, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #2,923 of 11,286
Quote:

Yea it's quite good M-Audio Q40, BeyerDynamic DT990 Pro and and Utrasone Pro 900 are all good examples of strong impactful but detailed (non-boomy) midbass. Suprise suprise they all share similar kind of bass shape, the quite ideal bass curve for that kind of bass. Take note folks or fans of impactful/punchy detailed bass, this is how you want the bass curve to look like, not straight but hill/round-shape, centered around 80Hz that stretches up to at least above 150Hz in the upper-end and rolls-off slightly very deep down low.

And once again the Pro 900 has the most extremem version of that, and once gain I do like how the Pro 900 has much more gentle roll offs...  I don't know why I'm so against them :3 OH well, my next purcahse is XB1000 and Pro 900 250(Ohm) in the same order! Replace my old XB700 bass cans with 2 new one for each genre <3 plus it'll be a nice looking collection!

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #2,925 of 11,286
Quote:
So for about 150-200 dollars.. Good dubstep, or electronica cans?
Stuff like NERO, Flux, Rusko, Emalkay, Little Jinder, Deadmau5, Blue Foundation, etc.

Unless you want to get a can like the D7000, you may find you need different cans for Dub Step and everything elese EDM, my sony XB 700s r DUb Step kinds, but they suck with everything else... but then again maybe you can enjoy a can with both! [Sadly I cant -.-] 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back