The Basshead Club
Oct 1, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #2,881 of 11,286
Quote:
Nice to see another Nujabes fan on here. :)   May he rest in peace.

Ofc man, try listening to Evan Awake also, great music from him as well! He actually did some work on the Nijabes Tribute CDS
Quote:

Wait, is that the same guy that made the Samurai Champloo theme song?  

Yea but Fat Jon, Tsuchie and Force of Nature also helped [all of them are also great Nu Jazz bands as well]
Quote:
I love the soundstrack of Samurai Champloo.

me to <3

Oct 1, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #2,883 of 11,286
Quote:
Hope he is in a better place right now. His music is something special.

It really was, his music had a special brightness to it that was byound words! It's that magical brightness that shined through my DARK xb700's and made me buy some Dt 880s!

Also MY cMOY IS HERE and it's charging :D my FIRST SUB BASS AMP thats WORTH SOMETHING xD

Oct 1, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #2,884 of 11,286
Quote:
It really was, his music had a special brightness to it that was byound words! It's that magical brightness that shined through my DARK xb700's and made me buy some Dt 880s!

Also MY cMOY IS HERE and it's charging :D my FIRST SUB BASS AMP thats WORTH SOMETHING xD

SUB and BASS are my favorite words,  and the deeper - the better
biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #2,886 of 11,286
Quote:
SUB and BASS are my favorite words,  and the deeper - the better
biggrin.gif

Yea but the cMoy is not a pure Sub amp but theres more
Quote:
Do they sound like beats?

NOT AT ALL, my xb700 on SUB CRAK don't sound like beats... still 2x better than that stuff

but OMG the cMoy has great Bass Boost and DIGGIDY DANG, the detail is really wonderful! It makes the E6 sound DARK on it's Blue LED setting, so while I still need a BIGGER nasty sub monster the cMoy is great <3, but the xb700's suck to hard to care about anything over than Sub bass xD [still better than Beats though trust me I've compared :D

Point being the cMoy will compliment the dt 880 really well! 

Still have yet to try Dub Step on my Hifiman Hm 601 :D

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #2,888 of 11,286
Quote:
I didn't even know he died. :frowning2:

:[ he did, that is why you've been unexplainably depressed this last few months!

May I also say... the Zune HD is a terrible device... the only good thing is the OS which btw is WONDERFUL but seriously... the SQ is pretty bleh my Hifiman Hm 601 does CIRCLES around it :[. the Hifiman even AMPS better >.> and is louder [on Low Gain]

Seeing as I paid $25 less for my used Hifiman than I did my Zune I feel like a chump <3, but now I seriously need more SD cards e.e my Zune has 28gbs of Dubstep atm [192-329kbs mp3] and the hifiman has 8gb on board and .flac compatibility 

needless to say any one wanna buy a Zune :D [in it's defnese the OS on the zune is really wonderful... so much so that I want a windows phone! and the SQ is just well lack luster... nothings really bad but nothings great e.e] 

Oct 1, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #2,889 of 11,286
Quote:
Yea but the cMoy is not a pure Sub amp but theres more
NOT AT ALL, my xb700 on SUB CRAK don't sound like beats... still 2x better than that stuff

but OMG the cMoy has great Bass Boost and DIGGIDY DANG, the detail is really wonderful! It makes the E6 sound DARK on it's Blue LED setting, so while I still need a BIGGER nasty sub monster the cMoy is great <3, but the xb700's suck to hard to care about anything over than Sub bass xD [still better than Beats though trust me I've compared :D

Point being the cMoy will compliment the dt 880 really well! 

Still have yet to try Dub Step on my Hifiman Hm 601 :D

Haha sorry I was directing my question to Welh who I sold my vPulse to.  I haven't heard the beats phones in a few years and was hoping that the vPulse don't sound like beats.  

Bass on brother.  Bass on.  
basshead.gif

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #2,892 of 11,286
Quote:

Where did you order your cMoy?

Oct 2, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #2,893 of 11,286
Does anyone have any experience with the Philips CitiScape Downtown? It's listed as a basshead can, and I'm interested in having a try. I have the CitiScape Shibuya/Metro, and they are really comfortable, bassy cans. Does anyone have the Downtown? :)

Oct 2, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #2,894 of 11,286
Quote:
Does anyone have any experience with the Philips CitiScape Downtown? It's listed as a basshead can, and I'm interested in having a try. I have the CitiScape Shibuya/Metro, and they are really comfortable, bassy cans. Does anyone have the Downtown? :)

No experience here, I know a guy on another forum who did. The guy has above average headphone knowledge when compared to Head-Fi'ers

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/PhilipsCityscapeDowntown.pdf

The measurements are impressive though.

Oct 2, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #2,895 of 11,286
Yea it measures nicely but he did mention it has a bit of a nasal tonality in the midrange which can be seen from the FR graph too, this is probably its only somewhat serious flaw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back