The Basshead Club
Nov 29, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #692 of 11,286

Quote:
Yeah, I used to have those - they pack a surprising punch!

Among if not the best headphones i have ever heard. Definitely the best experience i have ever had with metal music.

Nov 29, 2011 at 4:26 AM Post #693 of 11,286

Quote:
Among if not the best headphones i have ever heard. Definitely the best experience i have ever had with metal music.

I might just pick up a pair of HD25-1 II again - My Pro 900 hardly qualifies as portable 
biggrin.gif

If I get them again, I'll be pimping them out with red pads (check ebay!) and a red cable... Just for the hell of it. I love how they are so portable and light, yet very rugged - and still manage to sound so damn good.

Nov 29, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #697 of 11,286

Quote:
A picture of the X10 came up on 9GAG 

782893_700b_v1.jpg

http://9gag.com/gag/782893

There are now 143/189 people who found it helpful. Ha.

Nov 29, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #698 of 11,286
haha rat weeners ! 

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:03 AM Post #699 of 11,286
Nov 30, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #700 of 11,286
Does anyone know how the kicker hp 541's compare to something like the ultrasone hfi-580? Ive got the kickers now and I know theyre not audiophile material but they were cheap. I'm hoping to get the ultrasones for christmas. In the few reviews of the kickers ive read, the people rave about the bass but i'm not all that impressed. I have a turtle beach x1 gaming headset that I use with my xbox/pc which sounds better and has more bass. Though I dont know if this is a fare comparison because the headset has an inline amplifier but the price was similar to the kicker. Kicker is known for the subs but the hp 541 just doesn't seem to deliver. Maybe i just like an unusually excessive amount of bass. 

After looking at Wizards post I decided to check out the crossfade lp2 and if they are pretty bassy they could be a contender too.

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #701 of 11,286

Quote:
Does anyone know how the kicker hp 541's compare to something like the ultrasone hfi-580? Ive got the kickers now and I know theyre not audiophile material but they were cheap. I'm hoping to get the ultrasones for christmas. In the few reviews of the kickers ive read, the people rave about the bass but i'm not all that impressed. I have a turtle beach x1 gaming headset that I use with my xbox/pc which sounds better and has more bass. Though I dont know if this is a fare comparison because the headset has an inline amplifier but the price was similar to the kicker. Kicker is known for the subs but the hp 541 just doesn't seem to deliver. Maybe i just like an unusually excessive amount of bass. 

After looking at Wizards post I decided to check out the crossfade lp2 and if they are pretty bassy they could be a contender too.

Ultrasones aren't any bassier than the kickers AFAIK. These Crossfade LP2 at least on the graph seems to have a ~15dB bass boost which is huge and about twice as high as the Ultrasone HFI-580's bass response PEAKS at around 55Hz but these LP2 even have a very even bass response in the entire bassrange, same as XB500 which is the bassiest headphone around, however the mids and highs look to be way more even on these Crossfades why I'm so tempted to get them.

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #703 of 11,286
Dec 1, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #704 of 11,286
Hey, recently order a pair of Denon AH-D2000's. I have a FiiO E6 right now, but feel the urge (this forum is bad for my wallet) for something a bit more substantial than a cheap $28 amp. Granted I am enjoying it a lot so far, but I've started to see the dark side and it has amazing sounding music. I was looking into the DigiZoid OZ2 but dont really know that much about other offerings. I am looking to spend about $100 US. The OZ2 is the highest of my price point right now for a portable headphone amp with my recent purchase and everything. 

Can anyone tell me a bit about the advantages/comparisons between the DigiZoid OZ2, FiiO E7, and the FiiO E11? Maybe include your own suggestions if theirs another good option in my price range. I understand sub $100 is still kinda cheap for something that you expect quality from, but its what I can manage right now. 

EDIT: The main thing I like about the DigiZoid is the fact that I can understand their offering and feel that the technology behind it sounds like it would suit my wants. 

Dec 1, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #705 of 11,286
The main thing that ZO2 offers is SmartVektor sound tech which no other amps have, it brings the whole range more forward for a more dynamic and weighty sound. It's like going from headphone sound to speaker sound. It also offers slightly enhanced soundstage and the bass quality is very good too from the 32-lvl tweakable bass boost, however for D2000 I'm fairly sure you find the lower levels to be more than sufficient.

Here's a demo of the SmartVektor sound which I find fairly accurate representation as what it does being a ZO owner myself:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back