The Basshead Club
Jan 2, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #8,581 of 11,286

i don't think they are really a good choice for travelling/isolation...

as an owner of both D2000 and M100, i personally would recommend the M100 over D2000 for portable use.

i paid $252AUD (approx $225USD) for my M100's, so within your budget.

I just checked the D2000s, and yes, they might be a tad too big for traveling. How's the sound leakage and isolation with the M100s, and are there any other headphones that would fit my needs besides them? Thanks for the quick response, btw.

Jan 2, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #8,582 of 11,286
I just checked the D2000s, and yes, they might be a tad too big for traveling. How's the sound leakage and isolIsolationation with the M100s, and are there any other headphones that would fit my needs besides them? Thanks for the quick response, btw.

I love my M100s, but the isolation isn't it's best quality. If you're travelling a lot, it might be worth looking into the UE6000 perhaps? They're cheap in Canada. Picked up one for $73 with tax.

Jan 2, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #8,583 of 11,286
  I just checked the D2000s, and yes, they might be a tad too big for traveling. How's the sound leakage and isolation with the M100s, and are there any other headphones that would fit my needs besides them? Thanks for the quick response, btw.

isolation is ok...not the best, but reasonable.

i think my DT-770 Pro-80 isolate better...that's another option you might consider. they don't fold up like the M100, but they are built like a tank, so could be used as a portable headphone (i used to use them as my portable before i got the M100). i think i paid about $150-$170, but can be had for $130ish or so i believe.

otherwise, yeah, UE6000 is a great value option. not sure how the isolation compares (i haven't really compared them all for isolation)...but with the ANC, should do the job. and they do fold up for portability (not as small as the M100 though).

DT-770 = built like a tank, probably the most sturdy. probably has the best passive isolation and the most comfortable.
M-100 = a sleeker convertible tank, that packs away the smallest. probably the least isolation, but sounds the best to me.
UE6000 = probably the most fragile of the 3, but does fold for portability. probably has the best isolation in active mode. probably the best value for money.

so, depends what you're looking for in a portable/travel headphone.

for me personally, the sound and smallest packed away size trumps isolation/comfort/everthing else, so i have been using the M-100 almost exclusively of the three as a portable. although i sometimes use the UE9000 (which is pretty much the same as UE6000 sonically) as a bluetooth portable.

Jan 2, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #8,584 of 11,286
Just so everyone's aware...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/697985/perfect-sound-dido-d901-mini-tour-reviews-discussion-impressions-musings-etc

Jan 2, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #8,585 of 11,286

isolation is ok...not the best, but reasonable.

i think my DT-770 Pro-80 isolate better...that's another option you might consider. they don't fold up like the M100, but they are built like a tank, so could be used as a portable headphone (i used to use them as my portable before i got the M100). i think i paid about $150-$170, but can be had for $130ish or so i believe.

otherwise, yeah, UE6000 is a great value option. not sure how the isolation compares (i haven't really compared them all for isolation)...but with the ANC, should do the job. and they do fold up for portability (not as small as the M100 though).

DT-770 = built like a tank, probably the most sturdy. probably has the best passive isolation and the most comfortable.
M-100 = a sleeker convertible tank, that packs away the smallest. probably the least isolation, but sounds the best to me.
UE6000 = probably the most fragile of the 3, but does fold for portability. probably has the best isolation in active mode. probably the best value for money.

so, depends what you're looking for in a portable/travel headphone.

for me personally, the sound and smallest packed away size trumps isolation/comfort/everthing else, so i have been using the M-100 almost exclusively of the three as a portable. although i sometimes use the UE9000 (which is pretty much the same as UE6000 sonically) as a bluetooth portable.

Thank you! I will definitely look into the Beyerdynamics. They also have the UE6000s at my local Best Buy, so I will test those out as well. Do you know anything about the Sony MDR-10RNC? 

Jan 2, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #8,586 of 11,286
  Just so everyone's aware...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/697985/perfect-sound-dido-d901-mini-tour-reviews-discussion-impressions-musings-etc

Woah, at times like these I really regret living in Asia.
  Thank you! I will definitely look into the Beyerdynamics. They also have the UE6000s at my local Best Buy, so I will test those out as well. Do you know anything about the Sony MDR-10RNC? 

I actually tried them out they are noise cancelling headphones. They aren't bassy enough to be called a basshead can.

Jan 2, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #8,587 of 11,286

yeah, definitely try out as many of them as you can for yourself, so you can get a feel for them and see what you like and whats comfortable for your ears (ie. some people find M100 uncomfortable with the stock pads).

sorry, don't know about those sony's.

cheers.

Jan 3, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #8,588 of 11,286
I am basshead on a tight budget, and would like to know how would E6 and E11 compare directly?

I read through both ClieOS's review threads on Fiio E11 and E6, and i've tried searching through this thread, but the search function on this forum isnt the best with short key words such as "E6" and "E11", and I am still not clear on which amp i want to get.

is the E11 worth twice as much as the E6?

how do they compare in terms of bass quantity?  bass quality?  in terms of car subwoofers, I honestly prefer a ported sub than a sealed sub... so which amp would give me that rumble and boom

i know amps are amps, but would the E6 make my music overall sound "worse" than the E11 because it's a cheaper/weaker amp?

I am able to spend the $60 on the E11 if it really makes that much of a difference, but are there other options for around $60?

Jan 3, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #8,589 of 11,286
I have both the E5 and E11, assuming the E6 is similar to the E5, the bass boost is so much better on the E11, it has two levels and both are better than the E5's. Also it has a lot more power. Definitely go for the E11

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #8,590 of 11,286
  Woah, at times like these I really regret living in Asia.
I actually tried them out they are noise cancelling headphones. They aren't bassy enough to be called a basshead can.

Whoaaaaa ..... Hold the phone .... did someone just say that they regret living in The Maldives?

Let's swap and I will send you every headphone you ever wanted :)

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #8,591 of 11,286
  Whoaaaaa ..... Hold the phone .... did someone just say that they regret living in The Maldives?

Let's swap and I will send you every headphone you ever wanted :)

Hahahaha I'm serious man. You don't get good headphones here all Bose,Sennheiser and Sony. Sennheisers are hard to find and all headphones which I just mentioned are overpriced (xb900's go for approximately $260 which is almost double the price) so I have to import them. Besides, The capital city isn't that good either the only time I get to see a beach (which isn't polluted and trashed) is when I go to my uncle's picnic island.

Jan 3, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #8,592 of 11,286
there was a discussion a few pages back on the e11/zo2. all i have to say is, e11 and zo2 match together like crazy and sound amazing. i also own the c&c bh which i only use because of the long battery power, and that combo is much better than it BUT the e11 is annoying as hell because the batt burns out so quickly and u cant use while charging.

if you're getting one of them, you'd be stupid not to get both =)

if u can only afford one the e11 is a much better choice, the zo isnt strong enough by itself.

but srsly, BUY BOTH NOW if you're still here. it can be connected either amp first (zo into e11 or e11 into zo). one setup gives more bass but more distortion, one has no distortion, still decent bass but less 'impact'. both sound great though and i switch around.

using it together with gr02 bass edition makes the iem come alive. it makes the new 'neutral' white box m50 rumble like a mother too.

im going to try the wooduos i ordered with zo before i give it as a gift, lol.

edit: and yea, the zo3 is coming out. but would u rather have both the zo2.3 and the 3, or just the 3? more equip and less money is always better on headfi

Jan 3, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #8,593 of 11,286
  BUT the e11 is annoying as hell because the batt burns out so quickly and u cant use while charging.

That's the very reason I never got one, that's one big mistake in my book, I bought a USB power adapter for my ZO to have it completely noise-free when recharing and only very seldom disconnect it as I use mine as a stationary amp (I don't listen to music portably).

Jan 3, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #8,594 of 11,286
I really wanted a ZO 2.3 but I couldn't find one anywhere. When is the ZO 3 coming out, as it may be the portable amp I'm looking for. Still like the E11 though.

Jan 3, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #8,595 of 11,286
Anyone have experience with the Pioneer HDJ 2000?  I'm looking for a replacement to my Ultrasone DJ1.  Basically I want a headphone that sounds just as good, or better, than my DJ1 except are more comfortable and have a detachable cable.  I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOVEEEE the bass response of the DJ1 but the treble sometimes hurts my ears.

& I'm assuming isolation & comfort shouldn't be used in the same sentence lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back