The Basshead Club
Apr 19, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #11,179 of 11,286
I never get tired of seeing those shops... Wish they had em here. And apparently you edited that a second after I posted. Well, a question: Worse than the 55's? 2nd edit: well... At least they're shiny?... Lol. They look pretty flimsy, and they have the same cord as the mdr-300's... Wonder if its the same driver too? 3rd edit: what about those pioneers?

Wow, those headphones are incredibly cheap when converted to the US $

Apr 19, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #11,180 of 11,286
The #1 rated over ear headphones on this site is a horribly overrated fragile P.O.S that would just make you sad and confused.  The sound, the bass, the build....wow.

Holding those things in your hand is so different from the pictures. People still mention those as basshead friendly from time to time...amazing

There is a ton of crap hanging off the racks along with the good ones and you gotta listen to the same song on all of them to really see the quality of the driver. The build qualities are horrible except for items over 300 bucks. Even then.....you can still get shockingly bad crap.

Apr 19, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #11,181 of 11,286
The #1 rated over ear headphones on this site is a horribly overrated fragile P.O.S that would just make you sad and confused.  The sound, the bass, the build....wow.

Holding those things in your hand is so different from the pictures. People still mention those as basshead friendly from time to time...amazing

There is a ton of crap hanging off the racks along with the good ones and you gotta listen to the same song on all of them to really see the quality of the driver. The build qualities are horrible except for items over 300 bucks. Even then.....you can still get shockingly bad crap.

Are you talking about the Audio Technica. I tried them at the store on an S3 without an amp and they distorted heavily. It can't handle the bass. Don't see how that's the #1 rated can.

Apr 19, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #11,182 of 11,286
I can't time jump back to when that hype train began but it first came to my attention as a basshead can.
It was recommended to me
blink.gif

Folks copy and paste a lot of stuff mentally and just regurgitate knowingly or not.
I saw a Youtube video by "The average Consumer" and he re-pukes up the same stuff like he read it off this site. 
This is THE site on the net where folks get the "word" on cans but fanboys (I'm an admitted JVC fanboy)...fanboys cost a lot of folks a lot of money and the For Sale section is stuffed with crushed dreams. I go out of my way to be clear about what I say. I like gelocks in particular because he is pretty straight and has a good ear. I'd ask him via PM about something if I had a need for an honest opinion.

Considering the crap I held today the m50 seem O.K. but the sub-bass? C'mon...it doesn't even have any.
I take back my bashing of em' but they are not basshead in any way.

Apr 19, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #11,184 of 11,286

I can't time jump back to when that hype train began but it first came to my attention as a basshead can.
It was recommended to me
blink.gif

Folks copy and paste a lot of stuff mentally and just regurgitate knowingly or not.
I saw a Youtube video by "The average Consumer" and he re-pukes up the same stuff like he read it off this site. 
This is THE site on the net where folks get the "word" on cans but fanboys (I'm an admitted JVC fanboy)...fanboys cost a lot of folks a lot of money and the For Sale section is stuffed with crushed dreams. I go out of my way to be clear about what I say. I like gelocks in particular because he is pretty straight and has a good ear. I'd ask him via PM about something if I had a need for an honest opinion.

Considering the crap I held today the m50 seem O.K. but the sub-bass? C'mon...it doesn't even have any.
I take back my bashing of em' but they are not basshead in any way.

It did? Lol, the first time I ever heard an M50 was at a guitar store back in the Philippines a few months back. To my recollection it was hardly a basshead-friendly headphone -- in fact, I thought it sounded a little balanced (but still a lot of fun). However, the pair I listened to was the ATH-M50 LE, or the silver ones. That, and I'm not exactly a basshead (haven't heard "true" basshead cans). I actually think the M50 is pretty good, but not exactly worth the money. That is, unless I had the money. 

Oh yeah, that SoB YouTuber...he's called UrAvgConsumer. Considering how much of a d'bag he is taking stuff from the net and saying it on his videos in a supposedly "knowledgeable" manner most definitely shows that he is, in fact, an average consumer. I mean, that's what most average people do, right? Take what people say on the net and say it to others to make himself sound knowledgeable. I watched a video of his reviewing the Studio 2.0, and I thought I was reading a review from some place like CNet being read by some n'a holding a pair in his hands. I don't even remember him putting it on and telling his audience what he thinks.

Apr 19, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #11,185 of 11,286
The new M50x seems to be a bit improved compared to the old, the old one was slightly bright but the M50x is a bit warmer sounding which is definitely welcome and measures a 7dB peak bass boost or so. The bass didn't satisfy me on the old M50 either but I think there are two versions that used to float around and mine didn't sound bass boosted at all and it was in fact midrange-emphasized which doesn't fit the description of most people's experiences with M50.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudioTechnicaATHM50x.pdf

Apr 19, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #11,186 of 11,286
The M50's aren't being recommended as much now as they used to about a year ago. At the time the hype started it was priced around $100-120, and there weren't a lot of competitors out there (or maybe people didn't know any competitors). But now people are finally coming to the realization that there are better alternatives.

IMO the m50's are one of the best built headphones for under $150. Sound-wise? Maybe not.

Apr 19, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #11,187 of 11,286
This is the same model on the JVC website http://xtreme.jvc.com/spec.html

The 77's are available at Micro Center if you have one near you

Nebraska furniture Mart is the largest electronic store near me. The don't have the 77's, but they do have the JBL Synchro I'm looking at getting.

again, new wave, it would be best to wait to make your mind up until after I slam test the 55's and the synchros, and since you and me both like our bass to sound good, I'll describe the sound sig. I'll be doing it with an e11, and if the synchros only perform as well as the 55's in slam and not better, then your best choice would be to get the jvc ha-mr77x new versions on amazon. The 77's will outslam both most likely, for cheaper than the synchros, and be decent sounding... Because... Ynow... 55's<77's. Again, wait until I try the synchros out this week.
... And the difference is that the new models have a - symbol new wave. Don't make Poseidon angry...

Apr 19, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #11,188 of 11,286
The M50's aren't being recommended as much now as they used to about a year ago. At the time the hype started it was priced around $100-120, and there weren't a lot of competitors out there (or maybe people didn't know any competitors). But now people are finally coming to the realization that there are better alternatives.

IMO the m50's are one of the best built headphones for under $150. Sound-wise? Maybe not.

Yea at one point one could pick up new M50 for $89, that's when the popularity peaked. At $120(+) it's not as good deal due to the stiff competition.

Apr 19, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #11,189 of 11,286
  The new M50x seems to be a bit improved compared to the old, the old one was slightly bright but the M50x is a bit warmer sounding which is definitely welcome and measures a 7dB peak bass boost or so. The bass didn't satisfy me on the old M50 either but I think there are two versions that used to float around and mine didn't sound bass boosted at all and it was in fact midrange-emphasized which doesn't fit the description of most people's experiences with M50.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudioTechnicaATHM50x.pdf

really??!! wow thats cool. I thought that the new m50x was sonically the same. Atleast thats what research told me

Apr 19, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #11,190 of 11,286
His review of the Beyer C.O.P was not what I heard at all. Then I realized he's UrAvgMoron.  

I heard the 1st ones he talks about today. For like the 10th time. I heard em all. Those are not worth $40 bucks and they are not very bass heavy. They hardly qualify as bass friendly. He's beyond full of ****. 

To the guy who just PM'd me

Only way to tell...... (HA-XM30X is the 77's Japanese Series #) 
It was recommended to you as a basshead can?

Yes..actually a few times. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back