The Basshead Club
Apr 19, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #11,161 of 11,286
This is 2 hours ago:

The XB line is a shell of itself. These have about 4 points where breakage is ready and waiting. Worse built on this row

I never get tired of seeing those shops... Wish they had em here. And apparently you edited that a second after I posted. Well, a question: Worse than the 55's? 2nd edit: well... At least they're shiny?... Lol. They look pretty flimsy, and they have the same cord as the mdr-300's... Wonder if its the same driver too? 3rd edit: what about those pioneers?

Apr 19, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #11,163 of 11,286
I'm going to Tokyo in June, can't wait to hit some of those shops..
take me with ya! Oh, and make sure to meet up with the famous Hawaii while you're there! :D

Apr 19, 2014 at 3:59 AM Post #11,164 of 11,286
I never get tired of seeing those shops... Wish they had em here. And apparently you edited that a second after I posted. Well, a question: Worse than the 55's? 2nd edit: well... At least they're shiny?... Lol. They look pretty flimsy, and they have the same cord as the mdr-300's... Wonder if its the same driver too? 3rd edit: what about those pioneers?

The 55's are the loudest but they are not opened. The 77's are "order only" direct from JVC. They have counterfeit problems as stated on JVC's home page and you can only get the 77's from the shop or authorized re-sellers. Flimsy is being nice. They feel like they will break like a toy. Whoa....how the Sony have fallen
frown.gif

The steez sound better than the XB. Best combo of big bass and decent mids and highs. Not too bad.  Sony fell off the cliff. 

I'm going to Tokyo in June, can't wait to hit some of those shops..

The big box shops like this are a mixed bag. Holding so much crap up close is depressing and makes you appreciate what good stuff you got much better. Not an aluminum back set in the shop besides the sz I was wearing. In Akihabara they have more high-end Euro Japan stuff but they are picky about using an amp they don't control and do not like test pic/vids done on their premises if you are not a rep.

Japans economy is written all over the consumer level shelves.

The mid level audiophile stuff is decent. My Akai kill these ATH A900x ...again...aluminum over plastic housing. I see a pattern.

Apr 19, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #11,166 of 11,286
The 55's are the loudest but they are not opened. The 77's are "order only" direct from JVC. They have counterfeit problems as stated on JVC's home page and you can only get the 77's from the shop or authorized re-sellers. Flimsy is being nice. They feel like they will break like a toy. Whoa....how the Sony have fallen:frowning2:
The steez sound better than the XB. Best combo of big bass and decent mids and highs. Not too bad.  Sony fell off the cliff. 

The big box shops like this are a mixed bag. Holding so much crap up close is depressing and makes you appreciate what good stuff you got much better. Not an aluminum back set in the shop besides the sz I was wearing. In Akihabara they have more high-end Euro Japan stuff but they are picky about using an amp they don't control and do not like test pic/vids done on their premises if you are not a rep.

The mid level audiophile stuff is decent. My Akai kill these ATH A900x ...again...aluminum over plastic housing. I see a pattern.
how much are the akais?... Nevermind found it... 200$???????!!!??? I was expecting at least 350$! Didn't you say they are all metal and amazing build quality?

Apr 19, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #11,168 of 11,286
The Shure SE846 + Apogee One is probably the best bassheads IEM setups out there. Due to the impedance mismatch of the Apogee One and Shure SE846, it will sound as if these things have massive subwoofers in there. The bass is very rich, huge, detailed and phat.

The impedance mismatch is important, because else the Shure SE846 sounds very balanced which will not please bassheads I think.
tongue.gif

Apr 19, 2014 at 4:52 AM Post #11,169 of 11,286
Apr 19, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #11,170 of 11,286
The 55's are the loudest but they are not opened. The 77's are "order only" direct from JVC. They have counterfeit problems as stated on JVC's home page and you can only get the 77's from the shop or authorized re-sellers. Flimsy is being nice. They feel like they will break like a toy. Whoa....how the Sony have fallen:frowning2:

The 77's are available at Micro Center if you have one near you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back