The Basshead Club
Dec 13, 2013 at 4:51 AM Post #8,419 of 11,286
After putting the Dynamat in these, I wonder how it will sound. The dynamat will take up some of the internal volume. I'm assuming it will sound just like a lawton modded d2k with deeper wood cups. I mean, the sound is just bouncing off the dynamat, so the cup material would become irrelevant at that point, right?

Dec 13, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #8,421 of 11,286
I gotta fix the 3.5mm jack on my Iron Buds...really those had some amazing bass without even trying. I wish they'd come back into stock. For the $35 I paid, I got more than any other earbud ever. Extra buds, extra tips, a case, and sweet sound...needed a little mid and treble boost from some sources but the bass...low, deep, present and amazing, warm...I wonder if because of the wood housings? Easily the bassiest earbuds I have ever owned...and I've owned Meelecs and Creatives and JVC's...but they are also the funnest,most comfortable too. Or were till I killed the cable end lol!

I've yet to buy a pair of earbuds that sounded as good...the jack wore out due to placement while riding my bike...I have a replacement...just haven't done so. I have wondered what would be a good replacement for them?

Anyone have any comment on some Mad Dog T50RP's for a basshead?

With some good EQ-ing and medium to med-hi volume they can really reach down and grab some nice bass. I'd say right around 2/3's a D2000..and that extra 1/3 is impact. More forward on mids and more dry on hi's...to my ears and setup.

Back to the modded T50RP's...I read sooooo much good about them, but some say yay basshead, some say nay...I want bass but I don't want to lose clarity either. Plus if it can reach down and be present...I'd be game. I'm worried they won't have the bass I seek and I also wonder if the D600 will have the sound I want.

Dec 14, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #8,422 of 11,286

With some good EQ-ing and medium to med-hi volume they can really reach down and grab some nice bass. I'd say right around 2/3's a D2000..and that extra 1/3 is impact. More forward on mids and more dry on hi's...to my ears and setup.

Back to the modded T50RP's...I read sooooo much good about them, but some say yay basshead, some say nay...I want bass but I don't want to lose clarity either. Plus if it can reach down and be present...I'd be game. I'm worried they won't have the bass I seek and I also wonder if the D600 will have the sound I want.

Mad Dogs have sufficient bass but I wouldn't call them "basshead" headphones...

Dec 14, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #8,423 of 11,286
  I gotta fix the 3.5mm jack on my Iron Buds...really those had some amazing bass without even trying. I wish they'd come back into stock. For the $35 I paid, I got more than any other earbud ever. Extra buds, extra tips, a case, and sweet sound...needed a little mid and treble boost from some sources but the bass...low, deep, present and amazing, warm...I wonder if because of the wood housings? Easily the bassiest earbuds I have ever owned...and I've owned Meelecs and Creatives and JVC's...but they are also the funnest,most comfortable too. Or were till I killed the cable end lol!

I've yet to buy a pair of earbuds that sounded as good...the jack wore out due to placement while riding my bike...I have a replacement...just haven't done so. I have wondered what would be a good replacement for them?

What is your budget for bass heavy headphones?

Dec 14, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #8,424 of 11,286
Hey, any bassheads on here own an objective 2? I am feeling like i wanna get it, seeing as people are comparing it to the double the price matrix m stage which i have heard is also good for the money...

Sorry oregonian, i really want a vintage amp but i just feel so much safer going with a desktop amp!

Plus i can switch rooms with it! Lol.

i have an O2 and im very pleased with it. i "clipped" it so now the gain serttings are x1 or x2.5 and to be honest, unity gain is more than enough for me most of the time. i hardly ever use the x2.5 setting, unless im watching a movie with my dt 770s (250 ohm).

Dec 14, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #8,425 of 11,286
i have an O2 and im very pleased with it. i "clipped" it so now the gain serttings are x1 or x2.5 and to be honest, unity gain is more than enough for me most of the time. i hardly ever use the x2.5 setting, unless im watching a movie with my dt 770s (250 ohm).

Sweet! Thanks for replying haha

Dec 14, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #8,428 of 11,286
Ya that's what I had, well still have but I have a driver that rattles at certain frequencies and a broken hinge I'd fix if I could find a replacement driver. I loved that pair of headphones overall...but question if I want to spend $300 on a used pair or get something new and different. Wish I could work with an open back..I can get a new pair of HE400's for $319...I hear they have nice bass for open back orthos. No open back for me. Part of why I was considering the Mad Dogs...orthos, closed back, supposed to have more bass than stock and other modded pair of T50RP's, and at my max price-range.

I suppose if I went with another D2000 I'd have some spare parts lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back