The Basshead Club
Dec 7, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #738 of 11,286
Hey guys.  I'm ready to pull the trigger in some good universal iems.  The westone 3 are said to have good base but I'm considering the westone 4 and westone um3x.  Help, I can't decide!

Thanks
Jim

Edit: I listen to all kinds of music but mostly hard rock and EDM, but this is the basshead club so thats important.

Dec 7, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #739 of 11,286

Quote:
Hey guys.  I'm ready to pull the trigger in some good universal iems.  The westone 3 are said to have good base but I'm considering the westone 4 and westone um3x.  Help, I can't decide!

Thanks
Jim

Edit: I listen to all kinds of music but mostly hard rock and EDM, but this is the basshead club so thats important.

EX1000 and ZO2

Dec 7, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #740 of 11,286
skinnypuppy:  Thanks, heard good things about the ex1000 but i'd like something with a more flush fit ( westone).  I also have the zo2 v1 but waiting on revisions to see if i'm keeping as is or getting updated.

Any other ideas anyone.

Dec 7, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #741 of 11,286

Quote:
skinnypuppy:  Thanks, heard good things about the ex1000 but i'd like something with a more flush fit ( westone).  I also have the zo2 v1 but waiting on revisions to see if i'm keeping as is or getting updated.

Any other ideas anyone.

Westone 3 are the bassiest in Westone's lineup. I love mine 
wink.gif

Dec 7, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #743 of 11,286

Quote:
sorensiim:  Thanks, I like bass.

Do the um3x give more bass or just better soundstage?

The UM3X have wonderful bass.  They are a very warm an enveloping headphone.  That being said, the soundstage is not very big.  I would almost consider it collapsed and intimate.  When you say "better," what do you mean by that?

If you are looking for a wide soundstage, stay far away from the UM3X.  You may fair better with the SM3v2, Westone 3 or EX1000.  If you want a small and intimate soundstage with the focals placed squarely between your ears the UM3X will deliver like none other.

Dec 7, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #747 of 11,286
soulsyde:  Thanks for the info.  By better i ment wider and deeper since they say it is more for on stage perfomances but that may not be the case.  I'm hoping to find a mid-fi universal iem that covers everything well but does bass exceptional.  I have a little extra money thats burning a hole in my wallet (I know a head-fier with money in his wallet - not very often).  I have some pretty good iems now but not ready for customs, so trying to find that middle ground.  Thanks again for the help.

Jim

Dec 8, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #748 of 11,286
Over the earphones while walking through a city is way too much due to the size, isolation and a amp. I suggest Atrios with the Cowon EQ set at Bass.

Dec 8, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #749 of 11,286

Quote:
Cool! Give us your impressions when you get them. 

I meant I actually got them today.  It took me about an hour to actually welcome the sound.  The bass is overpowering.  Quite different to the M-80's.  M-80's have a better sub-bass presence and better all around sound sig.  So far, I am enjoying these with electronic music and not so much with anything else, even hip hop.  Not quite on the level as the M-80's.  I'll be waiting patiently for the M-100's.  But for the basshead, who doesn't need controlled bass, this headphone would suit just fine.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back